Been smoking weed for 10+ Years. Heart Started Racing then Blacked out???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrpapagorgio

Reaction score
I have been seeing a lot of these same posts lately about people having their heart racing and then possibly blacking out. well the same thing happened to me about 6 months ago. I have been smoking weed since I was about 13 years old and I am now 25. I smoke everyday all day long. Morning to Night. This is not a first timer thing either. I have never had a problem smoking weed and I truly enjoy doing it all the time. I couldn't do anything without smoking a blunt before. It all started about 6 months ago when i was at my boys house. I went to the gym in the morning and then started drinking and smoking right after that around 1pm. I didn't eat anything either all day till late at night right before I experienced the problem. We just finished smoking another blunt and then all of a sudden my heart started to race and felt like it was going to come out of my chest. I started to sweat really bad and had no idea what was going on. Like everyone else says I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. I tried to get up and walk into the other room but that is that last thing I remember. I ended up blacking out and my friends found em on the floor. I ended up hitting my head on the ground and had to get 7 staples in the back of it that night. After i woke up form the blackout i felt better though but I was all paranoid with what happened and what caused it. I tried to smoke after that day but every time i did I always got paranoid that my heart was going to race again and I was going to black out. I couldn't enjoy smoking weed anymore because I was having these issues everything I smoked again. I figured it was time to stop if I couldn't enjoy smoking weed anymore. It has been about 3 months now and I have not smoked since. But everyday goes by and I wish I could be smoking a blunt with all my boys. Everyone I know does ti still but now I am the only one.

The problem also is that what ever i do these days I keep getting paranoid that something is going to happen to me. I just don't fell normal after I blacked out that day. Because I drank that night and it happened every time I drink I think its going to happen too. I know its probably just in my head and i need to stop thinking about it. I constantly check my heart rate to make sure its not beating faster. Something I would never worry about before.

I did go to the emergency room one day after i quit because I was going through some pretty shitty withdrawal symptoms and they could find nothing wrong with me either. He said it was probably just some strong weed that I smoke but all i did was smoke really good haze all the time.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what caused me to blackout that night?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of this paranoia so when i do drink, smoke do anything i am not worried about passing out again?

Any help would be great if you guys have any suggestions on how I can fix this and not be worried about smoking weed again.

Do you know the source of the weed that you smoked? Some weed is laced with ex and coke... and some strains don't suit certain people well. I have had that feeling while drinking, but never smoking, but you just have to learn how to adjust yourself to your body. You said you were drinking that night and you had nothing to eat the whole day, that means that when you drink, you will start feeling the effects of the liquor really fast. If you had a lot to drink and then smoked up a blunt, you will probably get knocked out really quickly. Next time, eat something before, not right before, and then drink & smoke. I garuntee nothing will happen then. Cheers.

mrpapagorgio said:
I went to the gym in the morning and then started drinking and smoking right after that around 1pm. I didn't eat anything either all day till late at night right before I experienced the problem.

That may have been your problem right there, ESPECIALLY after going to the gym, and THEN drinking and smoking right after.

I had sort of had the same experience when I didn't eat. I got really light headed, threw up, and then blacked-out, LOL.

I've had the that paranoid feeling before...I think it was a panic attack. I don't know how to get rid of it, but if you smoke with your boys...I'm sure they'll take care of you if anything happens.

If you did it everyday and something different suddenly happens one day it probably would have to do with something else.If you're gonna be drinking you got to eat something.Everything come together in a perfect storm.Exercise,empty stomach,alcohol,and blunts.Oh My!
Just start back up a little at a time with friends.

Hate to bring it up, but you might want to have your blood sugar looked at. It sounds like you may have "crashed". Thats when your blood sugar gets TOO low. I can always tell when mine is too low, get shakey, light headed, queasy stomach....ect. The lack of food WILL contribute to symptoms like you described, not to mention the booze and blunts. You may now have a bit of anxiety when it comes to your old habits because of your bad experience. I agree with time4tokin20s, gradually ease back into it. You don't want to jump off full tilt and have another bad "trip"....... easy does it. Good luck.

I dont have high blood pressure that I know of. I went to the doctor after the fact and they said nothing about having high blood pressure. I am going to get a physical soon to have it double checked.

I have smoked a lot of weed and drank throughout my life and never experienced the problem before.

One of my friends that I was with that night said he started to feel the same way but never passed out.

I think it could of been dehyrdration taking in affect too?

I think its alll in my head now and just need to get over the fact and start smoking again.

i dont know for sure,but for some reason i dont think it was the weed.rather the weed.i think that was a result from drinking without any food in your stomach.i've seen that happen many times. also,i wouldnt suggest smoking right after working out,give your body a half hour to rest.definitly dont let this stop you from smokin herb.Quit the drinking b-4 you quit smokin.herbs alot more healthier for you anyways.

HMAN said:
Hate to bring it up, but you might want to have your blood sugar looked at. It sounds like you may have "crashed". Thats when your blood sugar gets TOO low. I can always tell when mine is too low, get shakey, light headed, queasy stomach....ect. The lack of food WILL contribute to symptoms like you described, not to mention the booze and blunts. You may now have a bit of anxiety when it comes to your old habits because of your bad experience. I agree with time4tokin20s, gradually ease back into it. You don't want to jump off full tilt and have another bad "trip"....... easy does it. Good luck.

:yeahthat:

Low blood sugar sounds like the culprit.

The same exact thing happened to me when I first started smoking..I'm not sure what it is...but I didn't smoke for a long time after that.

I actually thought I was allergic to it or something. I dunno, but now that I'm a little more experienced at smoking, I'd like to try that again just to see *** it was.

I doubt it will happen again, bro...but if you do smoke and it happens, either stop smoking altogether or try to find a less potent strain and look for more flavor oriented strains that won't trigger that reaction.

The only thing I can assume about it was that it was a really killer Sativa, and the lack of food and the alcohol set you off in a bad way.

I did have some negative after effects of that experience for a while; ringing in my ears and anxiety were two of the symptoms.

Alright man, I have been smoking weed for a long time and have seen this **** happen for the first time ever just yesterday. Well, we had some preemo ******* hydro, like some of the best dro I have seen around my town in a long *** time. I hit one bowl of this **** and was ******* baked, and my tolerance for weed is really high. So were sittin in my boys garage, smoking bongs and vaporizers, and like my one buddy stands up, and all of sudden he starts shaken like crazy and all of sudden he just fell on his ***, staring blankly, convulsing a bit, but nothing really. He stood up so fast, the blood rushed to his head so quickly it knocked him right out for a few seconds, but was fine right after and right back to hittin bowls. But now see, my other boy who just got his new job about a month ago, has been working his *** off and really hasn't smoked weed since he got his new job, and this guy has been smoking weed with me everyday for the past 2 years. He see's this happen to my other buddy, and it set him right off because of how high he was, he "greened" out (couldn't handle his high and he let it control him, that's what we like to call greenin out here). So , he stood up and was attempting to walk but like shaking n ****, and he walked about 5 feet, and just collapsed into a pile of bikes, than snapped back into it, and we were like yo, what the **** is happening. So he stands back up with out help and says he is good to walk, so we let go, and he starts walking all of a sudden, he just goes lifeless, and faceplants the ground. Than while he is on the ground starts convulsing a bit, and none of us had any idea what the **** to do, so I go towards him, and once I did that he came back to it, and got up and was like man, what the **** is happening, like I have no idea whats going on. And I remember that look in his face when he said that, and **** man I was scared. So we hold him up and try to get him to sit and once again he goes lifeless, and when I am saying lifeless, he is just like collapsing like a demolitioned building, just his body goes limp and he falls face first into the ground. But this time when he went out, we caught him and he came back to really quickly. So we sat him down, and he couldn't balance at alllll, so 2 of us had to sit with him, one on each side, and we had to let him lean on us, and he kept saying Keep me occupied please, please just keep me occupied. And for the rest of the night he was tripping about it.

Now, this is my educated guess on what happened, because I used to have panic disorder really bad, and I know realllllly well what panic attacks are because it caused me to quit weed for months.

"The one kid stood up really fast, had an over-powered head rush which caused him to black out for a couple seconds. So my other friend being really stoned (hasnt smoked in weeks, and is used to smoking everyday, so his tolerance is all fucked) watching that happen to my one friend, starts freaking out inside his head, because after that happened he got really quiet and his face went white. He also experienced his first panic attack not too long ago and that made him trip balls. So with all this happening at once, tripping hard over what you saw, having panic attacks for the second time ever, and this time he is reallly high and has no idea whats going on and with all of this over powering him, he attempts to stand, but is way over stressed and faints. And when he came back from the first time fainting, he was so scared of it happening again, that it did happen again.
So being in the state he was, he couldn't grasp the situation well, and well, this is what happened."

And I am telling you right now, I am little more strong mentally I think, so I handled my panic attacks really well, but I was having 3 or 4 minimum a day, everyday, and it started with weed, and I was so afraid of pot giving me them, I quit for 3 months, and started again, but when I started a gino would last me a week :p So, too much weed, to much anxiety for your body to handle, obviously it's going to shut down. Just take er easy, and remember, your not a robot, you do need to watch out for ****, and make sure you eat enough, sleep enough, etc etc..

So today's lesson is:

"Smoke weed gradually, rather than power-smoking a skeshin in bongs and vaps with your boys (unless your already comfortable with your limits). Always keep grasp on the situation, never let the panic attack take control of you, make sure you control that son of a *****. And always keep a cool mind, don't let **** freak you out or trip you out. Even if that means, getting up and just walking out of the room the weeds being smoked in and just catching a breath of fresh air. Keep er cool boys and remember, weed is a natural plant, unless it's laced, but how do we guarantee that it wont be laced, start growing!"

Hope I could help out a bit, and yes I do realize some of what I said has already been said, but that's because the people I repeated knew what they were talking about. So, keep on token, and if anyone needs any help with Panic Disorder, Panic Attacks or anything revolving around those subjects, feel free to get at me, and I will see what I can do. I came over my Panic Disorder without any medication, just on my own, and it takes peoples years to do that man, sometimes decades, but it took me 3 months to over-come mine and get my mind power back, and got myself back in control. Once again, hope I helped, and it was nice talking to all yah.

i has that experiences, sometime my heart beat skpped, my mom has high pressure too, she drink wines often to thin the bloods, ya can try drink wine

try this sunset blush wine 5 liter box.. also the blackout means you need more potassium like banana, fig newton, poperg. drink take it, you will feel replished! and be ready to get high again!! carefully potassium !! lol

thanks for that response. That was pretty helpful. Just need to clear my mind from it and think its not going to happen again. Should be back smoking soon enough

Someone who went through the same thing I went through! Only difference? I kept smoking. But just to give you some background on my experiences... I started smoking REGULARLY around 15 or 16 yo. I am now almost 21 and have passed out/blacked out probably about 6 times after smoking. Recently, I had moved to Alabama from Michigan and I started smoking much better weed (dro, if you will).. I've never noticed any correlation between the strength of the weed and the times I passed out but it always happened the same way: vision starts getting strange, heart begins to race, and if I'm standing I'll usually try to get to something and almost always fail. So embarrassing when there are people I'm not super comfortable with around. But those times weren't bad, I just passed out and came back to in less than a couple minutes. Now don't confused this with black outs. Because I was cognitive of what others were saying. However, one time (only) I smoked some good **** and it started the same but it was worse. Much worse. I was sitting outside smoking a cigarette when it began. Felt my heart begin to race, my vision started swimming then started to get dark, and I knew what was about to come so (stupidly) I tried to get up to at least go inside (didnt want neighbors seeing me and call 911) But I passed out before I got to the door. This is the only time I blacked out. My boyfriend had to carry me inside while I was shaking, sweating to the point of being drenched (the floor was wet) but even when I gained consiousness, I couldn't move or speak. Finally after a while I was okay but it was so scary. I should have gone to the ER looking back, but when weed is involved, ya know... Anyway, I was wondering what the exact circumstances were for you. I wish I remembered it better but it was just so strange. Oh and idk if it helps but I was deathy pale when it happened too. Like white as pure cocaine. I know this was a while back so you may not ever see this but I cant find anyone else who went through the exact thing.

Hey Papabeach is in this thread, NICE!!!!!

eat regularly.. no one should really have to tell you that, people can black out/faint from not eating enough/properly enough without all the other issues.

Dman1234 said:
Hey Papabeach is in this thread, NICE!!!!!

Haaaa the memories :)

AliAlaska said:
I started smoking much better weed (dro, if you will)..

:rolleyes: do you have a strain name? or just the name of the method for growing it?

Low blood pressure maybe. Not a doctor, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

i went to the slash concert in 2011 and i was working all day putting in drywall and didnt have time to eat, then me and a cousin picked up only a few drinks (a 4 pack of some barley beer (10%) and quart of some gentleman jack), we smoked maybe 2 joints of some goodstuff in the 4 hours before the concert, halfway into the second set i blacked out and came to in the drunk tank several hours later with a hospital band on my wrist. Turns out the lack of water had dehydrated me with the help of the alcohol the lack of food had caused my blood sugar to be to low, plus a day of physical labor and then a huge walk to get to the concert left me in rough shape. Luckily the police took very good care of me and a really cute blood officer insisted on bringing me water every 20 minutes and was always asking if i wanted a sandwich or cookies.

I had wandered away from my cousin and the concert hall is huge and apparently i blacked out in the bathroom and a few people found me and got me the help, in the end $120 fine for drunk in public. But well worth it.

In the end when I got out of the drunk tank I still had a gram in a baggy with 2 papers in the cap of my workboots, and on my keys i had sewing scissors. So i got to get stoned on my walk home. At least i didnt puke on my self!

Moral of the story is lack of fluid and sustenance is going to effect you, adding booze or grass ontop is going to throw you for a loop. Take care of yourself!

Latest posts

Back