kombucha tea + marijuana = ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolGuy

Reaction score
this is only a theory/test in the works currently but i have high hopes.

for those that do not know what kombucha is, it is black tea fermented using a special mushroom which has yeast and bacterias that are great for the body. its mainly a health food drink kind of thing but once you become acustome to it it can be drank just as if it were any kind of drink. :spit: the taste if done plain is like a wine or applecider but the longer it ferments the more tart it becomes till its a vinager. if anyone has tasted applecider vinager before you know that its kinda harsh.

now the mechanics behind kombucha and why i think weed would be a good mix.
1. anything fermented creates alcohal...even if in very small amounts. that in itself means thc can be extracted.
2. kombucha bacteara is very strong stuff, it cant be in contract with cryistal, metal, plastic...basically anthing but glass, paper, and cloth. if it does it will leach out minerals, combounds and other things which will make it poisonous to the bacteara and whoever drinks/eats it. how much depends on how long its been in contact and what material. this to me means it will do one over on extracting from the weed.

now aside from mixing it with mj, kombucha by itself detoxes the body. i have seen for myself this along with a much lower...i mean much much lower tolerance to things such as mj and alcohal. 6 months ago i had to drink 4 beers just to feel an ok buzz. now i know this isnt much for some but within a month of starting a regiment of drinking kombucha atleast 3 bottels a week i noticed after one beer i was getting buzzed...almost to the point i question if its ok to drive. after 2 i beers i dont drive now. not to say i dont recover quickly. just hits me harder faster. good side to this im a cheap date...bad side... well if your out to beat your buddies in a drinking match you many wanna work your way back up a tolerance first. now with vaporizing weed i notice im stoned off my *** with only a hit or two.
moral to the story you loose your high tolerance to alcohal and weed. atleast this is what i have seen though my experiance.

i have mix the last of my last grow which was the smallest bud i had along with a stem in some of my home made kombucha. i am re-using the bottles so it has a kombucha brand label but its my own brew.

if you want to know more about kombucha here is a few sites i recommend. their are a few parts of each site that i dont agree with.
example would be its contact being ok with ceramic and plastic. if you take a sniff/taste of water out of a bottle you know that plastic bottle taste. now thats just water...imagine something that can dissolve the paint or what have you off a coated metal lid within a hours time.
the story behind this is i was drinking out of the bottle and some kombucha was left on the lid where it screws onto the bottle. when i came back to it and drank it, i tasted a strong metal on the lip of the bottle. looked at the lid and that coating was gone on some parts of the threads. now im not saying it wasnt already gone before but that taste wasnt there before. here is some links and a picture of my kombucha marijuana cocktail
http://www.happyherbalist.com/kombucha_brewing_guide.htm
http://www.sulis-health.co.uk/kombucha/kombucha.shtml
http://www.laurelfarms.com/ipix/printerfriendly_kt_instructions.htm

DSC00650.JPG

drank some today. one thing is you taste the bud strongly. very good taste btw. sadly it fell short on the high. i felt a strong body high for about half hour then i was back to normal. next time ill try more bud and may let it sit and ferment longer.

may have something to do with the detox properties...

well i googled this idea and found i wasnt the only one interested in doing this... has anyone had any success making a such a thing

Latest posts

Back