Kratky method, will it or won't.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedsteve420

Reaction score
So I was just doing some reading and came across a article about growing hydroponic like but without pumps or nothing. Check it out, how do you think this will fair with marijuana? I am contemplating trying the kratky method. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DYa0Syea4P0

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

cannabis is a plant just like the carrots in the video, it will do as well as any other plant

double wow!! that's just too easy. someone say it ain't true. impressive utube. thanks!!

This is the general idea.
80ffe4ed6505c216f17ae95c17bb2024.gif

So, basically a DWC with no air? All I can say is that every time I have an air pump or airstone fail, the water turns icky and I lose the plant. The roots need O2, otherwise they drown. The nutrient solution goes anaerobic. I'm not sure how these obstacles are overridden?

And umbra, you probably have a way greener thumb than I do, but I find growing cannabis way way harder than growing carrots.

Well, you could probably make a plant survive in this method but your surely would see a huge difference if you simply add an airpump.

Would work for duck weed:)

So, basically a DWC with no air? All I can say is that every time I have an air pump or airstone fail, the water turns icky and I lose the plant. The roots need O2, otherwise they drown. The nutrient solution goes anaerobic. I'm not sure how these obstacles are overridden?

And umbra, you probably have a way greener thumb than I do, but I find growing cannabis way way harder than growing carrots.
Been doing abit of reading and i wondered the same. Check out this link. I believe this would work to keep it sanitary. http://modularhydro.com/ArticleLibrary/UsingHydrogenPeroxideInHydroponics.html

That would work to get it sanatized, but most likely kill everything. If you were going to use it as a DO source.

My last grow I used straight 3 percent hydrogen peroxide straight from a bottle I got at Walmart, put it in a spray bottle sprayed onto the top soil until completely damp because I had a gnat issue. Cleared that problem after a few applications. No effect on plants.

H2O2 has many uses. It just will not add enough DO for your plants to thrive.

H2O2 will kill bad bacteria, but will also kill good bacteria after all the bad is gone.

Been doing abit of reading and i wondered the same. Check out this link. I believe this would work to keep it sanitary. http://modularhydro.com/ArticleLibrary/UsingHydrogenPeroxideInHydroponics.html

This is talking about adding DO to aerated systems that the reservoir is too warm and not capable of holding enough DO to sustain happy plants. I don't believe they are in any way saying that H2O2 s a substitute for added air or that you can go without adding air if you use H2O2.

Latest posts

Back