Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: Squish by Umbra
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Hash
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2017, 10:19 PM   #21
umbra

umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra

I think one day people will say, you actually smoked the leaves and flowers?
Old 04-27-2017, 02:00 PM   #22
ston-loc

ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc

It cost me $424 to build the press I posted a picture of. My lowest yield is 6%, average 14%, and kick *** highest 28% personally. But my 28% strain a dude pressed for 35 and 42 Percent before my eyes. Definitely a learning curve, but the lower the temp the better. I've been pressing at about 180

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=70826

ston-loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:46 PM   #23
ston-loc

ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc ston-loc

Personal record last night. 33% return on a quarter of buds
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2017, 05:55 PM   #24
umbra

Wow
Old 05-14-2017, 09:01 PM   #25
ston-loc

Cali O is citrus fuego
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2017, 02:58 AM   #26
ston-loc

Golden goodness
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2017, 11:22 PM   #27
ston-loc

Attached Images

Old 06-20-2017, 02:44 AM   #28
Hackerman

Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman

SL, I notice all your pics are very creamy and 'waxy' looking. Mine always comes out more like a shatter and a lot more clear/amber looking.

Do you mind sharing some of your parameters? What's the heat and humidity in the room where you press? I have found that makes a giant difference. Also, what temp are your plates? How do you measure the temp? I have heard most of the ones you buy are very inaccurate. The laser thermometers don't work well on shiny surfaces. Just curious what temp you press at and how you measure the temp.

Pressing flowers or keif? Using tea bags?

I'm getting ready to press a small batch and I'd like to try something more creamy. I'm thinking the taste might be better/different than the stuff I'm pressing.

Thanks
Hackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:39 AM   #29
ston-loc

Infrared gun in **** on the plates. Solely trusting the pid settings and thermal sensor. I set to 82c, 180f ish. Humidity is usually in the 30-high 40's. The last couple pics were a first for that cakey batter. I think that was strain. Never have before. Also did black Lime reserve and was oily liquid that refuses to stabelize even in the freezer

Old 06-20-2017, 03:45 AM   #30
ston-loc

Forgot a few answers, usually specify hash rosin vs flower rosin. Usually most are flower/ buds being pressed. And yes I use 2.5" x 3.25" 90u bags for flowe. 45u for the times I do bubble hash. Indoor temps like 70-80's pressing
Old 06-20-2017, 02:48 PM   #31
Hackerman

Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman

Logically, 25u seems way too small. I am thinking of bubble bags. The first bag (220u) we throw away. However, everything from the 120u down is hash. So, logically, if we press with something like a 25u, any trichome bigger than 25u gets trapped and thrown away. Logically, I would think a 90u or 100u is as small as anyone would want to go.

Maybe logic doesn't apply here. LOL

Thanks for the info SL. I am going to try matching some of your parameters and see if I can get a 'creamier, 'waxier' result. Thanks again
Old 06-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #32
ston-loc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraven View Post
Under heat and pressure the trichome head bursts and the oil is released and squuezed to the area of lowest pressure...thats where your getting the oil from Hack. It seems if your using a manual method of knocking off the trichome heads....DIH or Bubble then that would be a concern.....my goal is super clean rosin with no plant matter....just thinking and trying to learn....am I off in my thought process Hack? I have been wrong at least once in my life lol ...

Edit, just dunno if a 25u will cause a blow out @ 10 tons of pressure?
I just followed what Greengene said in the diy video. Not sure the answer on using a 25u filter. Using a 45 on bubble hash it instantly oozes out. Also I use a 10 ton press, but only press up to 6 tons

Old 06-20-2017, 08:47 PM   #33
umbra

I'm using 45u for DIH. I haven't used the bags for flowers. I just press the puck in parchment.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:20 AM   #34
ston-loc

Fresh pressed harlequin bx. Haven't tested it, but def a good cbd/thc combo
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2017, 11:05 AM   #35
yarddog

yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog

nice ston. i have three harley-tsu vegging. hoping for a good cbd ratio.
yarddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:30 PM   #36
Hackerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraven View Post
Under heat and pressure the trichome head bursts and the oil is released and squeezed to the area of lowest pressure...that's where your getting the oil from Hack. It seems if your using a manual method of knocking off the trichome heads....DIH or Bubble then that would be a concern.....my goal is super clean rosin with no plant matter....just thinking and trying to learn....am I off in my thought process Hack? I have been wrong at least once in my life lol ...
OK, I never thought of that. I did figure the pressure would open up the holes to more than 25u but I never thought of the trics squishing and squeezing though. Makes sense, though.

Like you did, get some 25's, get some 45's. Try them all and see what works best for you. It's definitely a process that requires experimentation to get just right. Awesome that you're on the way. Rosin rules... LOL
Old 07-21-2017, 02:20 PM   #37
Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe

The video of the simple hair straightener method seems more my speed, but I'm having trouble finding a hair straightener that goes down low enough.
The one I have goes from 150-230C and it works, but it's vaporizing the stuff away before I can collect it. I see hints of residue on the parchment paper but the moment I pressed the plates on the bud, I could see smoke. I need about 120C to get 250F recommended temp.
Would pressing through some extra sheets of paper help to reduce the temp from the ceramic heads to the buds?
Surfer Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:14 PM   #38
Hackerman

I was going to suggest folding the parchment over several times to see if that helps. Have you tried that yet?
Old 07-22-2017, 02:21 PM   #39
Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe Surfer Joe

No, I sort of stopped this since I was wasting nice buds and the supply is low. I will wait until I have some more to experiment with.
Surfer Joe is offline   Reply With Quote