Light failure?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saundu

Reaction score
I recently had a ducting blowout in the middle of July which led to temps in excess of 115 degrees. All of my plants in the flower room perished. Then one of my lights quit working.

I have replaced bulb and still it don't work. I am trying to figure out what might have happened. Any ideas?....my ballast seems to hum and sounds like it is working.
Thanks in advance for any responses....ya I know... thank god... I didn't burn my shed down.

This is not that difficult. Light stopped working and it's not the bulb. It's the ballast. It doesn't matter if it hums or it sings the star spangled banner, it's not igniting the bulb.

:yeahthat:

was this ballast in the room with high heat?.

It sounds like you had the ballast in the room with the light, so it suffered from the excessive heat as well. Electronics don't like heat. If you have to keep the ballast in the same room, you should put a fan blowing on it. I keep my ballasts in another room.

It sounds like you had the ballast in the room with the light, so it suffered from the excessive heat as well. Electronics don't like heat. If you have to keep the ballast in the same room, you should put a fan blowing on it. I keep my ballasts in another room.

:yeahthat::farm::clap: Best to keep your ballast outside the room/tent.

that would be great a ballast that hums the star spangled banner,,for the more patriotic pot grower

Those ballasts are so heavy and a pain to position. Is it a metal halide of hps ballast? Some metal halide use a pulse start.

that depends on the type of ballast. A magnetic induction ballast or a digital ballast

Latest posts

Back