ehh. my plant. ugly, but at the same time, strangely nice looking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schoolboy420

greenybeanymeanies
Reaction score
well, its been on 12/12 for a bit over a week. i started with 3 plants from bagseed. one made it halfway through veg, and my neighbor ripped it out, for a reason im not gonna talk about now. then the other two made it to flower, one became male so i ripped it out. this is a female. an ugly one but a female. hah. amazing what lack of research and improper gear will do huh. oh well kinda posted this for the other noobs that come here. It has nute difficency because i couldnt find anyfor a bit. just added some nutes in. probably not enough, because i dont want to nute burn the **** out of it. it should be looking better in a few days i hope. first plant, thats the only reason it looks even halfway nice to me haha. i know you guys are looking and thinking wow thats terrible. Oh well, just gaining experience and most likely either no bud or some dirt weed. Like ive said before, it still beats paying for the dirtweed you get around here. I'd say as bad of care as i have given this it looks to me like im lucky its still even alive. eh, wish me luck on getting it healthy haha.

blarg.jpg

blerg.jpg

just so you know. it did a lot of stretching as you can tell, because i was using an incandescent light til a week and a half ago. and i took the pics on my crappy phone, just so you know why its a bit blurryish and dark.

and in the second pic, you can see where the old light burnt a leaf a long time ago. i was a bad father to this plant. but ill be bragging on the next grow. the next grow will be a while after this. give me more time to build a grow box and get all the stuff and to move. heading towards cali within a few months. yay for that.

Hey man baby steps. Its a good start. Now that your set up better, you'll notice a bit faster growth. Good luck.

yeah. ive been noticing improvement since the day after i got the new lights. thanks newbieG, tried to hit the thanks button but, it disappeared. hah. weird.

Eh schoolboy glad you got the lights.what kind do you have now? I'm telling you lowes and home depots gonna become a addiction.

i bought some cfls. easier on the wallet hah. i have about 6000 lumens. running on 2 150watt(the equivilent watts) and an extra warm white tube that has like 80watts i think. just above minimum. next set up will be better, wont do hps or mh. well, unless it isnt that bad on the electricity bill. might be worth it idk. never used em.

lol and if you cant tell, i have a bad case of the purple stems. then again i have no idea what kind of bud grew the seeds. just know it was grown hydroponically. mine isnt but the seed came from some hydro, just dont know the strain.

couldve been hydro commercial, couldve been something damn good idk.

Do you put molasses (2 tablespoons per gallon) in your water? Also a tablespoon of epsom salt is good in the water. They provide some essential nutes the plant needs. Plus molasses strengthens them up , and sweetens your buds toward the end.

nope, but im going to. im not sure if i nuted these good at all. so ill make a weaker recipe for now of this and tomorrow if its not looking any better ill put some. when giving it this should i water it good with the mix or water it decent then add regular water?

School buy I highly suggest getting a HID light. You can get them for cheap on ebay. I suggest starting out with a 600 because 400's are very small. It will be worth it.

NewbieG said:
School buy I highly suggest getting a HID light. You can get them for cheap on ebay. I suggest starting out with a 600 because 400's are very small. It will be worth it.

ive been thinking about it, just dont know what a 600w HID would do to the electric bill, what kind of difference in the bill does it make?

and would a 600 be good for atleast 3 or 4 plants? bc ill probably do 4 next grow. thinking about the Hawaiian Snow(dont think i spelled it right, but oh well) it has a 23% thc average, sounds damn good to me hah.

Refrigerator
(frost-free, 16 cubic feet) 725 Watts
Think of it as running two refrigerators in the house. Where i live 1000 watts (a kilowatt hour) is 9.02 cents, so multiply by 24 so about 2.50 per day. At 12/12 1.25 per day. this is for a 1000 watt so a 400 or 600 would be way less.

just from first looks at the pics it looks like too much watter. alot of people dont know that wattering once a day can be too much and will make your plants droop as they are in the pics.

thanks man. i didnt know that. and im glad you told me, nows not a good time for stress on the plant. for real thank you. cant say that enough right now. probably because my sleep meds and the weeds mixing nicely. hah. you possible just saved me from getting a hermie. aaaahh!!! HAIRY BALLS!!

Yeah you should stick your finger a inch down in the dirt if it is kinda dry wait a day and water. I use 5 gallon buckets and three gallon so I generally water every 5-6 days.

your welcome, gotta think every single person on here can stand to learn/teach something no matter how much or how little they know.

ill start doing that, i have a clear container, so i usually just look and if it looked kinda dry id water, thinking it would just drip out what it doesnt use. bad idea apparently. thanks guys. ill put more on tomorrow. i made the molassis stuff too by the way, ill use some either tomorrow or the day after, and let you guys know if the leaves perk back up. or if it gets better, ill just take a pic.

Latest posts

Back