Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about the new twenties thing. I'm pushing the hell out of 59, but the back feels like 90. Hard work won't kill ya, but it'll darn sure mess you up. Still on the green side of the sod, so I'm not whining.....
Thank Buddha for canna caps! The Big Pharma stuff sure doesn't work!

i know what you mean. arthritis has eat me up, needing a knee replacement but i won't do it. i have been on the meds for awhile and hate them. i give most out the family members. always look forward to getting home with the wife and burning a good one to ease the pains. i have been a machinist and iron worker most of my life and between lifting heavy iron and or loading a machine and bending over my work well lets just say i'm not young body wise anymore.

Curmurgerland -- Can't say it-- don't know how to spell it either !-- I'm a Proud member of The Over Fifty Club !-- located in that Curburger place !- I can live with that !-- Was that Giggy from the South ?? I didn't list my home state in my profile on purpose. My state don't play !-- I 'm amazed by some of the stories I hear from the free states !-- The Po-Po comes to his house inspect his crop and wish him well -- The Hippie had his stuff all legal -- they didn't destroy his crop -- no one went to jail ! I have trouble wrapping my mind around that whole thing !!-- If it had been me then I'd be in jail !!-- my crop would be destroyed and my grow equipment smashed !!-- Maybe one day my state will be like that !!

yes i was born and raised in the south (texas) and now live in the deep south.

thanks for welcome. back then we smoked the leaves and the plants never made it to October......funny now that we think of it. Don't worry the bible belt is coming around to pot time. Florida voting this year. I may have to rethink where I spend my winter.

ain't that the truth, and i still find it hard to wait for them to get ripe. the Bible belt will be the last to fall, most of the prison pop is for mary jane.

You are officially in the coffee table... Glad to have you old people. lol

Let`s try this again. First time, when I went to post, it didn`t, page appeared said lost connection. When I got it back, my post was deleted. Thank You for accommodating a bunch of cantankerous old farts. Please excuse my, and some others, lack of computer skills. Especially mine.

Giggy girl -- we'll have to talk more about the problems growing in the south presents !! Look out your kitchen window and that's me waving at U ! What part of the Great State of Texas do U hail !-- I was born and raised in Conroe --- joined the army in '73 and left the area !! It's fantastic to have a fellow Texan to hang out with most don't know the problems we face here ! On another topic -- Yoop was our official greeter at that other place and as I called him -- The great and powerful Yooper Rex -- THE SUPREME JUSTICE OF TBE JOINT !!-- It was rumoured that he had a direct line to the gods !! I heard he once killed a moose with a ball point pen ! As far as I'm concerned -- he speaks for the old krewe !! Packing my pipe --- about to engage on an epic rematched with the Widow ! She has hurt me before !

I heard he once killed a moose with a ball point pen ! As far as I'm concerned -- he speaks for the old krewe !! Packing my pipe --- about to engage on an epic rematched with the Widow ! She has hurt me before !
That was when he was three. He just grins 'em to death now a days!

Let`s try this again. First time, when I went to post, it didn`t, page appeared said lost connection. When I got it back, my post was deleted. Thank You for accommodating a bunch of cantankerous old farts. Please excuse my, and some others, lack of computer skills. Especially mine.
You musta ate the rest of that gummy bear!

i know what you mean. arthritis has eat me up, needing a knee replacement but i won't do it. i have been on the meds for awhile and hate them. i give most out the family members. always look forward to getting home with the wife and burning a good one to ease the pains. i have been a machinist and iron worker most of my life and between lifting heavy iron and or loading a machine and bending over my work well lets just say i'm not young body wise anymore.

My bridge partner use to look like she was in bad pain all the time. Then she had her knee replaced. Now when she plays, you can tell by her smile how much better it is. my aunt had both hips done. she said it was the best thing she ever did. she died at 99 last year, but she walked to the end. no power buggy for her.

When U make Cannacaps -- it's O.K. to lick the oil off your finger-- hate to waste it-- it's O.K. to lick all the utensils used !-- It would be perfectly acceptable to clean the bowl of wayward oil-- Keef shouldn't have done it all !!-- Can U hear that ? It's my head !!! I hope it peaks soon !!-- Lawdy, Lawdy ,Lawdy -- Keef done over did it on the oil -- Somebody hand me a cane -- Walking ain't something I can do right now -- already have to squint and close one eye to see letters on my keyboard !! Am I gonna die ??

Giggy girl -- we'll have to talk more about the problems growing in the south presents !! Look out your kitchen window and that's me waving at U ! What part of the Great State of Texas do U hail !-- I was born and raised in Conroe --- joined the army in '73 and left the area !! It's fantastic to have a fellow Texan to hang out with most don't know the problems we face here ! On another topic -- Yoop was our official greeter at that other place and as I called him -- The great and powerful Yooper Rex -- THE SUPREME JUSTICE OF TBE JOINT !!-- It was rumoured that he had a direct line to the gods !! I heard he once killed a moose with a ball point pen ! As far as I'm concerned -- he speaks for the old krewe !! Packing my pipe --- about to engage on an epic rematched with the Widow ! She has hurt me before !

keef, bro i'm a dude. i was from houston and new caney, but after i got home from the navy i married and moved to bama.

My bridge partner use to look like she was in bad pain all the time. Then she had her knee replaced. Now when she plays, you can tell by her smile how much better it is. my aunt had both hips done. she said it was the best thing she ever did. she died at 99 last year, but she walked to the end. no power buggy for her.

that is what most say. i got a friend that had his replaced and has already wore out two sets (yes both knees) and needs one reworked now. that is why i'm not sure about it yet, and the 90 days on the couch doesn't sound good either. hell i'm already fat, i would hate to see what i would look like then.

When U make Cannacaps -- it's O.K. to lick the oil off your finger-- hate to waste it-- it's O.K. to lick all the utensils used !-- It would be perfectly acceptable to clean the bowl of wayward oil-- Keef shouldn't have done it all !!-- Can U hear that ? It's my head !!! I hope it peaks soon !!-- Lawdy, Lawdy ,Lawdy -- Keef done over did it on the oil -- Somebody hand me a cane -- Walking ain't something I can do right now -- already have to squint and close one eye to see letters on my keyboard !! Am I gonna die ??

1520796_10152461162066959_1682828550_n_zpsbf505171.jpg

I think I might live !-- long as.I close one eye it ain't too blurry -- Ya'll talking about knee and hip replacements-- 20 years in the O.R. -- assisted on many, many total hip and knee replacements ! Got intimate knowledge of the procedure !! Outcome depends on several things, takes longer to recover for big people -- one thing for sure.is the pain that comes with healing !! A good attitude and as much activity as U can stand makes for a quicker recovery ! Hey Mr. Giggly - Keef is easily confused - so about the mix up -- Honest mistake !!-- We may very well have bumped into each other growing up !--

Keef is sure right about the recovery part. It's definitely the worst part of any surgery. I've had about 10 so far and I have more coming. All minor stuff so far. Arthroscopic in both knees for torn tendons. Herniated discs, torn this and that. Both of my knee surgeons said the joints looked pretty rough and that I would be a definite candidate for replacement in 5 to 7 years.

That was 7 years ago. LOL

I have plenty of pain but they still work and I work them pretty good. Went mountain climbing last year and they worked. LMAO Sore for a week after but...... LOL

But the recovery is always a nightmare. Who said something about laying on the couch for 3 months????? NO WAY. You are in physical therapy almost immediately and those therapists kick your butt (at least the good ones do. LOL). Activity is the way to recover from [most] surgery. If you sit on the couch for 3 months after knee replacement, you'll never walk again. LOL

Like my good friend Susan Powder used to say...... You gotta EAT, you gotta BREATH and you gotta MOVE.

After 60, you know you have to keep moving. After 80, you're afraid to stop. LMAO

That was me after I ate that gummy bear. What a buzz. Needed the wife on one side and my cane on the other, so I could go pee. Back of package says 10 doses. Yea, I know, I know, read the package first. But what fun is that ?

I got a message from TheGloman at the old site !-- Says he'll be around soon to check out the new digs!-- Sent me some pics of some Widow he's growing -- Looking Good !!-- Musta had some high class seed! Says he's been working as hard as an old one handed pot farmer can ! To our new friends -- the Man knows his chemistry !! He's a hoot !-- Looking forward to his joining us ! Catch Ya'll tommorrow for the Wake and Bake --- Keef out !!

That was me after I ate that gummy bear. What a buzz. Needed the wife on one side and my cane on the other, so I could go pee. Back of package says 10 doses. Yea, I know, I know, read the package first. But what fun is that ?

wasn't quite that bad for me but was pretty close when i tried my first run of iso.

Wake and bake, wake and bake time. Goes great with coffee first thing in the morning. Let the Widow wake ya up. Sorry about being late with the morning call. The time they keep here screws me up, cause that`s not what time we live by. Peace.

Yoop, you mean there was instructions on the package? Whoda thunk it? I just bit the head off like the guy at the Cup said. Damn glad I listened. The whole thing would NOT have been what I call an enjoyable experience.

I see what you mean about the time. I know the PRK is three hours behind us, but where in the east are they three hours ahead? Sure isn't in this country!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back