Second Grow "Papaya"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mrcane, you have a beautiful veg space. Those files look very good. I sure miss my space being crowded. Soon!

Grasshopper,Funny that you brought this up.. Tried a little simple wiring on one of my plants...wanted to try to bring the bud sites that were shaded out in the light..will see how it goes??

yea bro, got me thinkn. if i didnt have a packed tent coming, love bonsai techs. NICE!

Sure do. I had to come look for your thread it's not showing at the top with the newest it's a page back so I was surprised and excited to see so many post had been added.

Girls flipped last night, got there first night of sleep and are standing tall.......

Trying to get pictures loaded with my new phone not going so good,

Look at those little buds! You'll have them filled out in no time!!

Thank you guys...Hoping they pack on some weight.....

Can you still take cuts for clones, when plants are in flower?
Is any trimming allowed, for air circulation or light?

yes yes and yes
Trimming- a lot of people clean up the lower 1/3-1/2 of the plants after they have been through at least 2 weeks in flower, or sometimes before going into flower, cutting off these "sucker buds" helps the upper buds/plant, since they are tiny and dont get much light they will never really pack on weight, youll end up with just popcorn buds, so instead of allowing energy to go to these tiny, like 0.1g, buds a lot of us trim them off so only what gets light stays, so that upper 1/2 in turn gets all that energy that would otherwise be going to those tiny, kinda usless buds...

Clones- most people will take clones before going into flower, they are taken during the pre-flower trimming. the hormones in the plant required for rooting are the veg hormones, so after a few weeks in flower, when the plant stop stretching, that is the time when the flowering hormones outweigh the veg hormones, thus allowing bud development rather then just pure growth like we see in veg. now because of this hormone imbalance it will cause any clones taken after the first 2 weeks of flower to have to re-balance out the vegging hormone in order to start rooting, which takes much longer, so if you didnt take any clones yet, and they are still within the first 2 weeks of flower then yes take clones and get them started, if they are past 2 weeks in flower, take lower branches that wont amount to much at harvest while you are trimming the plants up a bit... use those trimmings as clones but remember they will take like maybe 3+ weeks to root... where as personally i usually have to wait about 10 days to be rooted well.

cleaning up the lower half does both, it does help with air circulation and light, as stated above those lower branches wont really amount to much of anything other then wasted time trimming and curing for a measly fraction of a gram at harvest... so what ever lower branches on the lower half of the plant that dont get much light because they are well under the canopy... main branches and side branches from the main branches, anything that wont amount to much just chop off,...

fumbling around grow journals im sure you can find many examples of trimming up plants for flower/after the stretch has ended.

You can take clones up to about 2 weeks in flower, at least that is what i have done. My gosh those took off while you were gone. They look huge now.. Without looking closer my guess is you have taken plenty off.

Take them now.. and you should be fine, i agree with Sun that cloning should be done (easiest) in the first 2 weeks of flower if you have to.

17 days into flower things going good.....The thing that worries me, is the three Gal.pots ....
Plants have filled them out tight,they still drain good....the pots do unzip so a transplant would be easy?????...and I have some five Gal. smart pots.... So should I just leave them the way they are?? Or transplant?? :confused2:

View attachment 2016-02-22 08.48.31.jpg

View attachment 2016-02-22 08.48.45.jpg

View attachment 2016-02-22 08.49.27.jpg

View attachment 2016-02-22 08.53.03.jpg

View attachment 2016-02-22 08.52.45.jpg

View attachment 2016-02-22 08.49.05.jpg

the thing about smart pots is the roots air prune and there is a lot more room for roots in the middle of the pot... Mostly the roots don't grow in bloom.. very little in my world. Plants look nice cane, did you transplant? Going to go smoke hash now...

Hi Rose, I didn't transplant kept them in three gal pots...figured if my twenty five year old bonsai makes it in a tiny pot. ..these gals should make another month....how long does it usually take you to finish your papaya? Thanks for stopping by.....

They were outside so it is hard to say. I would guess for indoor, just a guess 8 weeks. I would think you would want some amber. I smoke it in the late afternoon...doesn't put you out but very relaxing. She is a good girl. I think you will like her.

Latest posts

Back