Growing Marijuana Forum

Buds of the Month: Aggie007 with Lemon Tree and Ston-loc with I Cookies
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Lights
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2017, 09:52 PM   #41
umbra

umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra

Bbp will take some pix of peyote purple x dc under the spydrx led, seriously fat leaves
Old 12-08-2017, 11:20 PM   #42
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbra View Post
Bbp will take some pix of peyote purple x dc under the spydrx led, seriously fat leaves
I can't wait to see them.

bombbudpuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:54 AM   #43
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa

As you can see from this professionally made instructional pic I have negative(black) from one chip going to the positive(red) of another chip, then the negative from that chip to the positive of the next chip and so on. You'll be left with a negative lead and a positive lead at the the opposite ends of the led string. Positive goes to the positive(red) on the driver, negative to the negative(black).

The white wires are for your potentiometer.
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2017, 04:02 AM   #44
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

Most of the time your AC input wires are blue (N) and brown (L). These are the wires that you connect your power supply to. Sometimes they can be white (N) and black (L) and just to be super confusing sometimes they're both white, which is the case with my driver.

Just keep in mind white and blue go together and black and brown go together.

If at any point you'd like detailed pics just ask.
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2017, 04:07 AM   #45
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

Here's the 110v ac piug I used for a power supply. Blue wire to the N, brown to the L. If you have black and white wires in your plug then white to N, black to L. If you wire these backwards you'll burn up your driver.
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2017, 04:12 AM   #46
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

I used these to connect everything to make all the parts detachable. You should put your L and positive wires on the positive side unlike me who wI red them backwards for the pic. So red to positive on output side, black or brown(L) to positive on the input side and black to negative on the output, white or blue (N) to negative on the input side.
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2017, 04:14 AM   #47
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

So here's what you'll have altogether...light strip, driver and power supply.
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2017, 04:16 AM   #48
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

Light strip plugs into the output on the driver, power supply plugs into the input on the driver.
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2017, 04:20 AM   #49
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

Driver is dimmable but you'll have to add a potentiometer. I did solder this piece in place. Plus to the middle prong, negative to either of the others....most people would choose right prong but I went with left because it's on the same side as the drivers neg wire lol.
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2017, 04:21 AM   #50
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

Here she is on dim
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2017, 04:22 AM   #51
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

Full blast
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2017, 04:24 AM   #52
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

If I wasnt clear enough or you have any questions or want more pics of a certain process just ask.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:49 AM   #53
umbra

umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra

peyote purple x deep chunk
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2017, 07:47 AM   #54
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

That's a beauty umbra! Here's one of mine.
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2017, 08:32 AM   #55
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

Switched out drivers and connected a triac dimmer with a remote. Now, I can remotely dim, turn on/off, set at 25, 50, 75 and 100% and make my own presets. I can also dim with the knob. Driver is only 300ma which makes my light only 14w on 100%. Not as efficient or effective but cool beans nonetheless.
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2017, 11:38 AM   #56
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

Uh oh

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F322594455002

Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM   #57
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver

In reference to post #45

It maybe more appropriate to have the female connector on the power cord end. As its pictured, it appears the "-" , which is typically the sleeve of the connector, is wired to the line wire. Not good. If it were the female connector it would be a little more protected.
screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM   #58
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
In reference to post #45

It maybe more appropriate to have the female connector on the power cord end. As its pictured, it appears the "-" , which is typically the sleeve of the connector, is wired to the line wire. Not good. If it were the female connector it would be a little more protected.
Check post 46...I explained I had them wired backwards in the pic. I was building and taking pics and screwed up.