Sick AI Seedling: What is wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowinGreen

♥ ςticky icky
Reaction score
I have a sick Aurora Indica seedling and I'm not sure why... but I do have a guess:

I have been feeding them all pHed water with 3mL of FloraNova grow... I thought it would be okay with that small of an amount. I usually only do pHed water for the first few weeks. 2 of the seedlings are fine and growing good, but 1 isn't looking so hot.

I have now started giving the sick seedling just pHed water- is there anything else I can do for it? Do you think the rockwool cube is still holding a lot of the nutrients?

The growth on the sick seedling is really stunted compared to the other 2 :(
The first 2 pictures are the healthy seedlings and the rest are of the sick one.

Is it okay to start uping the nutes for the other 2 that are doing well- or no?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! And how do you post attachments of pictures that have already been uploaded?

Healthly Seedlings:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=105448&d=1237678371
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=105449&d=1237678371

Sick Seedling:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=105450&d=1237678371
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=105451&d=1237678396
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=105452&d=1237678396

you will have to resize the pics to reupload them

the so called sick one looks fine imo ,,,just stop the nutes ..i usually start around 3 weeks or sign s of needing it ,,and i wouldnt up the nutes on the other 2 just yet

how old are these seedlings ?

UKgirl420 said:
the so called sick one looks fine imo ,,,just stop the nutes ..i usually start around 3 weeks or sign s of needing it ,,and i wouldnt up the nutes on the other 2 just yet

how old are these seedlings ?

UKgirl, that is the best thing I've heard today! But if you look at the second picture of the "sick seedling" -the tips are burnt kind of- is this usually because of the nutrients or pH?

From germination (cotyledons showing above rockwool) they 14 days old

Thanks for your help!

that s proberbly a little nute burn but it dont look terrible ,,just flush her threw and let her be she will be fine :peace:

but allways test your ph is right ,,cause once its elimanted its easier to diagnoise any more probs if they arise :p
ohh and go easy on the nutes when its time to feed her again ,,

GrowinGreen, you had me all worried for nothing. Those seedlings barely have a cold; they're not sick. On the more serious side though, a little seedling (or adult plant even) can get sick in a hurry. Watch the pH, and back off on the nutes. Wait until they're bigger.

Yeah, how old are they, anyway? I know nothing about hydro, but back off the nutes for ahwile. The pH is VERY important.

Yeah she/he looks fine. Sometimes you get stragglers that need time to catch up. Also you only want to feed them once a week, until they have a solid root structure. I am not to familiar with the set-up you are using but in all the hydro units I use I feed my seedlings 300 ppm a week for the first 2-3 and then it is off to what ever they can handle. AI is very nute friendly. I have had ppm's as high as 1800 during flower and not so much a burnt tip. The trick is a healthy root structure, if you are not using some sort of root stimulator I highly suggest it. Things like Voodoo Juice , Tarantula, Piranha, etc... will add lots of new root growth with in a few days of dosing. This will lead to overall healthier plants that can take far more abuse, and of course grow much faster.

I use one called Zone,,made by Dutch Master. My roots get huge and healthy.:hubba:

Yeah most nute companies have some sort of product to increase root volume. I just happen to use Advanced Nutrients, but I am sure they are pretty much the same.

Damn thing looks worse everyday- hard to look at next to its beautiful 'sisters'!

Now the second set of leaves are starting to get burnt tips. Is this seedling just picky as hell or what?

I can't believe how much the growth has stunted as well. How long does it usually take to start seeing growth again? About a week after feeding only pHed water?

Grow 071.jpg

Grow 070.jpg

Grow 065.jpg

I have seen this before myself. I have had it happen to me. Sometimes ya just get a bad seedling. Not saying yours wont be fine with time,,but I have had seedlings stay so far behind I pulled thier little asses up and threw them away.:ignore: If it continues to be stunted,,your better off removing it and not wasting time on it.

BuddyLuv said:
It doesn't look that far behind the healthy seedlings. I say give a while, if not pitch it.

Yeah for some reasons the pictures make it look better than it is lol -imagine that. But every new leaf growth coming out has burnt tips even though I've just been using water... I think it is just a really, really sensitive plant.

It also stretched a little more which sucks... it is definitely going to make it, but it is just sad to look at haha -especially with the other 2 next to it.

The other 2 are growing real good- they look awesome!

And I actually have 1 AK48 that just cracked and 1 more AI that cracked... and I can only fit 4 plants in my closet so I have some thinking to do. Might have to try and plant 1 outside. Or I could do 12/12 really soon with 1 of them.

Latest posts

Back