Power company is turning off my electricity for 22 hours!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkone

Reaction score
This is going to happen in two weeks for maintnence, which will be 4 weeks into flower. Should I rent a generator?

Yea man don't even worry, that far into flowering, 1 day will do it no harm.

just chiming in cuz I want to give good news too...

one day in the dark won't hurt at all:)

What about temp....probably going to dip into the low 40's in the grow room with no lights on.

i agree with chef, get a little heater for the night and no worries with one day messed up light schedule. good luck. happy growing

just a tip :) dont leave the house for the night, theives love dark nights with empty homes ;)

Correct me if im wrong but doesnt it say somewere that it is a good thing to give your plants a day of darkness during flowering? (or could be before 12/12).

I gotta go with pcduck on this one. one night in the 40s won't harm your plant. If anything it will build up it's character lol :). You'll be fine man.

Yeah you will be fine and so will your plants...just make sure to leave them in the dark and don't be going in and out of the grow area with a flashlight or anything....one night of cold temps shld not be a problem either...

Jericho said:
Correct me if im wrong but doesnt it say somewere that it is a good thing to give your plants a day of darkness during flowering? (or could be before 12/12).

no.. its fine when u flip your lights into flowering to give them a nice 24 hr rest but other than that 12/12 till the end..

parkone said:
What about temp....probably going to dip into the low 40's in the grow room with no lights on.

Maybe they will turn purple!:woohoo:

I have used a coleman lantern in my flowering space when the electricity was out and I wanted to give my girls a little heat and a little light.

:yeahthat:

Hi,

I doubt if you'll have any problems keeping your plants in the dark for a day but a camping lantern can help. I've had a Coleman battery powered fluorescent lantern for a while that I first used for maintaining light schedules during a move a many years ago and it's come in handy when I've had the odd power outage too. This is one of their newer models but it sells for only $28 and will stay lit with a fresh battery for 12 hours on high. Its not a lot of light but it should be adequate to maintain your photoperiod.

hXXp://www.coleman.com/coleman/ColemanCom/detail.asp?CategoryID=1045&product_id=2000000895

Peace!:cool:

Lantern.jpg

My concern is what are the temps when the lights are off? 40 is a might bit cold.

Photosynthesis slows down below 50 or so, but one night of 40 doesn't hurt. My outdoor ladies got hit with 28, 29, 26 degrees with 3 weeks to go. It slows everything down, but they come back in a week. Bonus is free colored ladies.

Latest posts

Back