5 years in Federal Prison for pot???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingTooLow

Reaction score
Hi...I am new here and not familiar with the rules...yet.

I was arrested by the DEA aboard a Lockheed PV2 near Marianna, Florida...1981. Convicted of conspiracy to import and distribute 12,000 pounds of marijuana.

My sentence was 15 years...I did 5.

My contention is that armed bank robbers, usually sentenced to 25 years, were released in as little as 17 months. More often, less than 25 months.

Mine was a non-violent crime...no weapons were involved...no one was injured...no one was killed...private property untouched. It was a victimless crime. Meanwhile, people brandishing firearms and robbing banks spent far less time incarcerated. Mine was deemed a 'more serious offense.' That's the part I don't get.

I wrote about it in: Shoulda Robbed a Bank

sorry to hear your woes...I will first start by welcomeing you to our site...and also will let ya know sounds like this post is against the rules..good luck with your book tho

Dang, I just joined this site.
And have already broken the law.
Many thanks for pointing this out.
Maybe I can edit my post.
Again, thank you

Welcome to MP.

Do you now break the law growing in Florida? If so, whats your story now. The first one bout the bust was a bummer.

Good luck to you.

Welcome to MP....not sure what you first posted but whatever it was someone didn't like it and now your pebbles are red. In addition to the welcome I am going to throw you some rep to get ya green again. How you conduct yourself from here on out will determine if they stay green or go back to red. This is one of the better forums out there because we don't deal with drama here. Read the rules, contribute when you can and I am sure you will be fine. jmo

That was me Hamster, I read another post where he was selling his book.

I was released from Federal Prison November 6, 1986.
Then spent 6 1/2 years on parole.

The only encounter I have had with law enforcement since that time was in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I made a right turn on red and received a ticket.
Yes, I was guilty.

Other than that, '...those boys cured me.'

I should have titled my book, "Prison...How to Get There, and Why You Don't Want to Go"

instead of "Shoulda Robbed a Bank"

Being able to canoe, camp, hike, spend time with my family...those were the things that were missed...and, being able to walk under a night sky.
You do not know how much that means until you can no longer do it.

Although I met lads who were, in fact, 'institutionalized,' it is not a lifestyle that you ever want to experience.

That is why it is imperative that our pot laws be changed.
When I was 'in'...53% of the Federal Prison population were drug offenders. And, you know what? All that I encountered were non-violent.
Even the DOJ's stats pegged 98% as 'non-violent.'
Kinda makes you wonder, don't it?

I don't want to be a jerk, but you're not telling us anything we don't already know. So, are you growing weed, or selling a book? This place is for growing weed.. Amazon dot com is for selling books...

Yeah, you busted me.
I admit, I am a shameless, self-promoting ho.

But, if you notice, I did change my post when my indiscretion was pointed out.
I am a member of a lot of 'marijuana sites,'...and a lot of others: Huffington Post, NY Times, Chicago Tribune, LA Times...and many mo.
Whatever it takes.
But, I truly appreciate you folks keeping me on the straight and narrow...do not want to get barred for rule violations.

A million thanks for your advice...I am a fast learner.
Please keep them cards and letters coming.

Again, Hamster...thank you

Maybe he should put the name of the book in bold letters? That would be catchy.

I guess he is not growing, since he has been "cured" of committing crime, I deduce he does not in fact grow MJ.

I feel feisty today, I don't mind being a "Jerk".

You know what? I truly did not know that this site dealt ONLY with growing weed.

I thought it was all things 'marijuana related.'

Sorry to be out of line.
I will mend my lowdown ways.

As a 'newb'...I must be kinda stinkin'.

I appreciate you pointing out my short-comings.
Maybe I can post something relevant.

Like, many years ago, when I grew weed, the first thing I put in my freshly dug hole for my plant was a whole fish...when the roots reached that funk, my plant went crazy.
I gotta 'fess...I grew some dang good smoke.
Not no mo...that's a Federal offense...never want to see those guys again.

Many thanks for straightening me out.
And look, dammit, I'm smiling!

I think I have apologized enough.

Re 'growing'...many years ago, I nutured a field of over 14,000 square feet of pot.

Here's a question for you: If you harvest 3 tons of weed, how much weight of marketable product do you have after proper curing?

Another question: do you know how to PROPERLY CURE weed?

Another question: what is your number one foe when curing?

You want a battle of wit and knowledge?...I am into it.
One of us may learn something new...

I am always open to new information...

As an aside...being a "Jerk" aint' easy
You gotta practice it...everyday

Keep them cards and letters coming...I like your style...now, live up to it.

I have a book published as well, and I am very happy to leave it at that. What kind of weed are we talking, mexican trash compacted street smoke, or MMJ buds? It makes a big differance, as all three questions you asked vary depending on which one you are talking about. Some people were born jerks, and have had to practice being nice every day, and if you don't believe me, just watch CNN, or Fox News.

If you harvest 3 tons of weed, how much weight of marketable product do you have after proper curing?
My guess would be about ...."5 years worth"??? ;)
We have members that don't grow pot. There's no rule saying you 'have' to in order to be a member. BUT..that is our primary mission at MP. To help/mentor folks to "provide for themselves" and avoid dealing with the black market and 'criminal elements'...;) gangs, street dealers, "profiteers"....:bolt:
While I don't feel that mj should be a crime punishable with prison, and I understand your 'contention', no weapons, no violence.... "12000 lbs" isn't exactly personal stash. IMO, 'marijuana' is not the determining issue here. I would expect to hear a very similar punishment for smuggling 12000 gallons of jamaican rum, or 12000 lbs of cuban cigars.

I have to be sayin this here be the first fire I be walkin way from, just not warm enough fur me reckon, no disrespect so have to it. Thanks for offerin though ;)

BWD

"Yikes...rought start"

No kidding!

I will keep my yap shut until I can contribute something meaningful.
Like this question:
"Why do you wrap scotch tape around a parakeet?"

Peace towards all.

Many thanks for the link to the rules.
I promise to mend my lowdown ways.

I come in peace.
Please forgive me.

Latest posts

Back