Frank Petersons closet journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankpeterson

Proffessor
Reaction score
11-19-06

The germinated WHITE WIDOW seeds are put into pots under a 400w hps with a nice exhaust fan in the room to keep the heat down.

11-19-06.jpg

potsground.jpg

top shelf.jpg

11-21-06

More pots with germinated seeds have been added and the exhaust fan has been moved to a better location. The seedlings are showing signs of life and are moving very fast.

seedling sprout.jpg

for those following this journal. When do you think it is a proper time to use nutrients? As you can see in the pic I have floranova vedge and bloom.

Thanks,

Frank

Whats up man. Everything is looking good so far. IMHO nutes should not be added until atleast weeks 3 or 4. ;) I'll be following your grow the whole way. :aok:

Thanks Grunt, i'll wait until they are in their 4th week and a little bigger. by the way whats IMHO?

frank

frankpeterson said:
Thanks Grunt, i'll wait until they are in their 4th week and a little bigger. by the way whats IMHO?

frank
In my honest opinion. ;)

frankpeterson said:
frank

imo = in my opinion imho = in my honest opinion

Thanks Grunt & Kade for clearing that up "IMHO" for me. I'll update the pictures in a few days.

I swear one of the seeds were not sprouting, so I chucked another one in the same water bottle now look what happened. Ihave twinz. Any advice on what to do about this?

twinzclose.jpg

frankpeterson said:
I swear one of the seeds were not sprouting, so I chucked another one in the same water bottle now look what happened. Ihave twinz. Any advice on what to do about this?
Well at this point i would try and seperate the two plants. The longer you wait the worse it's gonna get.

thanks for the reply tbg. What about if I just killed one of them? Rather then risk killing them both during transfer.

-frank

frankpeterson said:
thanks for the reply tbg. What about if I just killed one of them? Rather then risk killing them both during transfer.

-frank

You could do that... but at this point in their life it should be easy to separate them.

Just to clarify though - the 'no food for two weeks to one month' is for soil, not hydro. I made the rookie mistake of not paying attention to soil and hydro differences and nearly killed my seedlings out of the gate.

I know this is a soil grow but I was one of those people who did not appreciate the distinction.

Yeah, you'll have to separate now and take your chances. They just won't grow well that close together (sibling rivalry and all).

Best of luck!

Thanks for the info Zarnon and TBG. I have seperated them by simply just ripping it out of the ground like a hungry plant eater(lol). The seperation has been completed and all this back to normal............ Do most shops sell that anti detection foil? Any idea on price? I'm interested and placing it in the room as the room is located above ground.........Another question well i'm in the same window here. How often should I be watering? I give them a drop each day at the same time every day but I don't poor it through until I see it run from the bottom. I usually just give it a bit and next day stick a finger in there to see if it's moist.

-frank

frankpeterson said:
Do most shops sell that anti detection foil? Any idea on price? I'm interested and placing it in the room as the room is located above ground-frank

That stuff is REAAAL $$ and you'd be hard pressed to find any also.

frankpeterson said:
Thanks for the info Zarnon and TBG. I have seperated them by simply just ripping it out of the ground like a hungry plant eater(lol). The seperation has been completed and all this back to normal............ Do most shops sell that anti detection foil? Any idea on price? I'm interested and placing it in the room as the room is located above ground.........Another question well i'm in the same window here. How often should I be watering? I give them a drop each day at the same time every day but I don't poor it through until I see it run from the bottom. I usually just give it a bit and next day stick a finger in there to see if it's moist.

-frank

Looking good Frank! Like Kade said, C3 film is expensive, and pretty complicated to install, nothing like mylar.
This place sells it.
http://www.hydroasis.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=H&Category_Code=12

Good Luck

Thank You for your response. Wow that stuff sure is expensive, i'd rather just take the chance. It's no joke expensive to. Babies are looking good, i'll try to get more pics up as soon as possible. My camera doesn't take very good pictures and it really doesn't like the hps light.

frankpeterson said:
Thank You for your response. Wow that stuff sure is expensive, i'd rather just take the chance. It's no joke expensive to. Babies are looking good, i'll try to get more pics up as soon as possible. My camera doesn't take very good pictures and it really doesn't like the hps light.
If you have a flash on your camera try using it when taking pictures under the HPS. I do it all the time and the flash seems to knock out that yellow color. Give it a try and see what happens. ;)

Thanks for the advice TBG, but i'm using one of those camera phones. I found an old one in a box in the basement and it seemed to take pics. I'll try to get a better camera as soon as possible but please bear with me until then.

Latest posts

Back