AK47 with purple on leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDAW004

Reaction score
[/ATTACH]I have two AK47s in early flower,both have a purple discolouration around the flower area on parts of both plants. It's a deep purple,will not rub off like mould,anyone see this before. Plants are outside third week of flower. I have pics but am new here and not sure how to pot pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
simply cold air...I always get purple leaves in fall....hth

mojo

It's anything but cold here,Northern Nova Scotia. Been mid to high 20s and not lower than 12 at night. Celsius been growing for years never saw this before

Some strains are more sensitive to the cold . It happens here outdoors too sometimes . Just keep vigilant and watch for mould and bugs ! Good luck!

I can't swear to it but it doesn't look like anything is wrong. It looks more strain related to me. Try to get a couple clearer pics to hang on to and keep an eye on it for another week and see if there are any changes that look like its faltering. If it keeps growing and doing its thing but just gets some purple then its likely genetic. If it begins to falter then it could be a possible pH issue or a nutrient getting locked out.

If you have it outside(in containers), try to protect the soil from getting rain water as that can leach out nutrients and pull the pH off.

Looks like a purple strain to me... keep an eye on it.. very pretty.

Ok all I can do is watch at this point. Still maturing although seems slowly. They are outside in ten imperial gallon buckets. Thanks for the input will try pics with my phone

For cannabis, 12C is cold. I know from experience that temps of 12C can cause purpling. But, whether it is from the temps or whether it is the pheno probably doesn't matter. There is little you can do about the overnight lows.

When temps get below 60F (15.5C) you will see significant slow-down in growth. That is the reason that they are "maturing slowly".

Like I said before reps have gotten this low a couple of times,still very warm here should not be this slow. I believe that I have other issues not really sure what yet. Have friends as well with a wealth of experience,they are not sure. On the upside it does not appear to be life threatening

Well, it is known that cannabis stops growing at temps lower than 60F, so this is at least some of the reason for the slower growth and most likely the purpling.

Yeah I have experienced that myself. But like you say, the up side is that it is still growing healthy so you on keeping on.

Temperatures have not yet been down to 60,been very warm for this time of year

Ok all I can do is watch at this point. Still maturing although seems slowly. They are outside in ten imperial gallon buckets. Thanks for the input will try pics with my phone

If using your phone make sure GPS is turned off.

Latest posts

Back