compost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smkngunz

Reaction score
ok im transplanting some of my plants today i have 11 plants and there almost 1 mouth old and stand from 7 inches to a low 5 inches, the plants are indica juicy fruit. i ran out of soil so im thinking of going down from my house and getting some homade compost.. did anyone try growing with this? I heard it should work nicely. any information befour i go ahead and do this?........ thanks

so i only transplanted one of the plants so far the farm gave me some organic compost, when i came home i put one of the plants in a 5 gallon grow bag filled with the compost. while putting the soil in the bag i pulled of a few lil lil worms, is this good or bad? the compost was golden yellow on the top and dark brown/black underneith. Any comments or suggestion?

man i wish i knew something for you on this one but im really thinking that if its got bugs in it it cant be too good for the plants they might eat some roots and god knows what else id say hold off and just go and get some top soil and finish the Tps

The only problem that people ever seem to have with compost is that it can have some bugs. id be careful, It can work great but its a little bit of a risk as well.

I've read that mushroom compost is a great soil amendment and can be used with perlite/vermiculite to grow. I'm not too familiar with regular compost though.

I would suggest mixing the compost 50/50 with some good topsoil, or your favorite potting mix and let it sit for a few days before you Tp. I've seen tomato plants literally burn from too much compost-It will generate heat depending on how far it has broken down.
If the worm is an earthworm or nightcrawler type-it's cool.
If it looks like caterpillar or "inchworm"-get rid of it.

I do not claim to be any expert on compost, but have worked with it ever since I was a kid.
My dad would turn it in with the rest of the soil a few days before we planted.
He only grew tomatoes-though-LOL

let me know how it goes.
later,
Gb

Latest posts

Back