L.S.T(My simple way of getting them 4-6 ounce bushes.W/pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailerTrashed

Blessed ExCon
Reaction score
Hey all! Got three Northern Lights seedlings here.(pic1) Vegged them for about 8-9 weeks in one gallon grow bags under a T5. Transplanted into 5 gallon buckets, and am now ready to tie them down. I will be tieing all three down, but for the purposes of this thread only one was photographed.

My simple tools: I use nylon string so the plastic tube is great to protect my girls from cuts. The screws will be drilled into the buckets on opposite sides for places to make the tie.(pic2,3)

First is very important: The "counter tie". This is done so the plant is'nt uprooted when the final bend is made. The tie also gives extra support when those big ole buds start forming. IMO a plant this mature needs a counter tie to be bent correctly.(pic4-6)

Now the Training begins...A plant this large(30") is not gonna just bend over. Shes gonna need some coaxing.(Kinda girls I like.) I like to get them right about mid plant(15") and start slowly bending. Never all at one time. I bend a little, take a break, smoke two bowls and bend a little more. 3-4 of these and I'm good and stoned and the plant is bent over! When I get the plants top below its center branches its time to make the final tie off. I like to tie the middle and the top down assuring the top stays below its branches.(pic7,8)

She will now go back into the veg room for 2-3 weeks. This method causes the plants hormones to change and confuse branches for top buds thus supplying equal energy to all. Awesome to watch! Wanna see? Heres one I bent about twelve hours ago. As you can see she has already recovered from her L.S.T and all bud sites have pointed towards the light.(pic9-12)

These plants will be short, bushy ,multiple bud site plants, and will yield 4-6 ounces easy. If interest is expressed I will update there progress as this is only the beginning, and my flower room will cause the true transformation. (1000 watt air cooled hood on a light rail.) All comments, questions, suggestions, and opinions welcome. IMO Much Love.

420 543 (Large).jpg

420 548 (Large).jpg

420 549 (Large).jpg

420 550 (Large).jpg

420 551 (Large).jpg

420 552 (Large).jpg

420 553 (Large).jpg

420 554 (Large).jpg

420 555 (Large).jpg

420 556 (Large).jpg

420 557 (Large).jpg

420 558 (Large).jpg

Lookin great!!! I just popped 2 Northern Lights and I've never seen one grow, so I might have a seat :D

4-6 0unce bushes..Dont believe it so I will fallow along..

take care and be safe

Looks great! Im a huge fan of LST.....ill tie my girls down from damn near start to finish

4u2sm0ke said:
4-6 0unce bushes..Dont believe it so I will fallow along..

take care and be safe

Never had one with 10-12 weeks veg. and a L.S.T yeild less than 4 ounces or more than 6...So we will see. Remember these ladies will be going into a 1000 watt flower area, and will be givin about half of its footprint. Plants will also recieve a very high percentage of the bulbs 150,000 lumens as I have it in a air cooled hood and on a light rail. I get that bulb about 6"-8" from the canopy and move it about 36" back and forth on the rail. Makes for some big ole dense nugs, and I can and do get 2-4 ounces off of 5-6 week vegged plants with zero training. (As always strain dependent.) I can make no promises as to yeild because this is a new member of my garden from seed. But I trust from seeing these three plants sisters in action in the flower room, that these will not let me down and will yield a minimum of 4 ounces per plant. Also remember...I'm not new to this, I'm true to this. Heres some pics of the Northern Lights sister with 5-6 week veg and zero training. (Sorry crappy pics.) She is at day 41 flower and will go a minimum of 3 more weeks. When mature 2-4 ounces easy. (Notice the vigorous lower bud growth all due to afore mentioned hood and rail.) The proof is in the pudding. Stick around and I,ll try to prove the 4-6 ounce bush claim. IMO Much Love.

420 573 (Large).jpg

420 574 (Large).jpg

420 578 (Large).jpg

I love it. I think Im going to try some training this next time. I picked up some healthy clones about a week ago. How early would you start? And how long do you keep them tied down for, just the rest of the veg period? I can see youve been doing this for awhile. Good luck and keep growing

KushBlower12 said:
I love it. I think Im going to try some training this next time. I picked up some healthy clones about a week ago. How early would you start? And how long do you keep them tied down for, just the rest of the veg period? I can see youve been doing this for awhile. Good luck and keep growing

Hey everyone! Wow, guess there is some interest. Cool ...makes me feel wanted! Love coming online with lots of new friends. Actually although I said all three plants were to be bent, I still hav'nt bent the other two yet. Lazy ole pot head I am. But the one is completly recovered from her L.S.T and the other two will be bent tonight.

KushBlower,
The training can begin when you are ready. I like to let mine get a good 15-20 internodes before the bend. This is a personal preference and you should let your space help you make the decision. Also the ties never come off. If takin off the plants top will try and recover its dominate role and defeat my purpose.

Got me a busy night in the room tonight with the bends and cloning of another strain. (Kahuna) So I will take some pics and update later tonight.

Again thank you all for your interest and support. Keep the positive vibes flowing! Any questions ,comments, and opinions welcome. IMO Much Love

I have several LST'd plants, all using dirrerent methods and all different shapes,

Ive got a plant that Ive been LST'ing since its first set of leaves. Take a look at my journal. The plant is still being tied down. she is 5 months old and is in a 5 gallon pot and you cant see the pot

IMO its easire to start when the plants are young and the stems are nice and flexible....

Great thread! I want to watch too...are there any seats left? I did an attempt at LST, outside from straggling clones, the flowers now forming. I am a believer in LST.

Hey all, Just a quick update. I really did have plans of bending the other two Northern Lights seedlings and doing some clones but...well I got some great blue ray movies in the mail and "Over medicated" during said films. (Doomsday, Felon, and 10,000 B.C.) Me and the family smoked 3/4 of an ounce! Thats how we rate the movies. Two blunts up! Per flick! Anyways... was way to stoned to work.(as usual) So I poked in and took a quick pick of the plant that was bent about 24 hours ago and her sister who is now at day 42 flower. Enjoy! IMO Much Love!

420 614 (Large).jpg

420 607 (Large).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back