How should i keep this boy alive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

I have a very nice looking male that is a Pink Zilla. How can i keep him alive till his litter mate is ready?

He is showing balls, no pollen. It is in the 40s at night here. 60's in the day. Can i stick him outside on the patio in a pot? His girlfriend won't be ready for weeks. I will put her in the bloom shed now and when she is full of preflowers i will arrange a time for them in the bathtub... Easy to spray down.

I have blooming plants in the shed and vegging plants in the house...

Your thoughts? He is in the window of my bedroom now.

What about collecting his pollen and then using it at a later date? Although you are in a legal State so putting it outside might work.

Yea Rose, I was wondering why you would not collect the pollen? I would not know how but know that it is done.

As i read your post i was wondering why not just collect his pollen and get rid of him. :)

OK you guys, how do I collect the pollen? I put him in the window of my bathroom and lined the window sill with parchment paper....now what?

I tried last summer to collect pollen... So when he starts spewing, i could cut the flowers off him and put in a bag?

Talk to me...how best to do this?

Yea Rose, I was wondering why you would not collect the pollen? I would not know how but know that it is done.

When he is ready I make a funnel out of a big piece of paper and shake and tap his branches and funnel the pollen into a baggie, you can then carefully place the baggy over a single branch seal it up and shake it, while the baggy is on you can spray the plant down with water so no other branches get pollenated. I did this a few times, I have gotten 150 seeds from one branch while not asingle seed on the rest of the plant.

Cutting the branches off when he is ready and shaking them in a bag will work too, remember water kills pollen and that is very useful when doing this.

THank you Dman, It scares me having a pollen source in the house. But I will do that. It is our windy season so i will keep him indoors. Yikes. Thank you so much you guys.

It is very unnerving having pollen around the house Rose, change your clothes before going near blooming plants. I kept mine in a rubermaid with a very weak floro, they stretch but we dont care we only want his pollen

Well crap, his litter mate is a boy. He isn't nearly as pretty. should i save both pollen together or dump the last boy of PZ. I only popped two seeds of each variety.

2 males for the same seeds? Whats telling you it's a male worth breeding with?

It is seed. it is a 50/50 chance. I have had all girls and i have had all boys. what's tellimg me it is worth breeding? the smoke!!! Love the smoke. I only popped two seeds.

IC you smoked a few leafs and they told you it was a worthwhile male to breed.

You smell like a troll, why are you concerned why she choose to breed this male? She did and asked opinions on how to do it. Now look what i did, i fed the troll. Lol

Um, no i did not smoke a few leaves. I have smoke this pheno before and would like to continue the line of a man that is a great pollen chucker and he has brain cancer if you really want to know you obnoxious question guy.

Besides this male has great structure.

when research why ppl choice their male and why. you ask that question.

If I was going to troll I wouldn't be nice about it.

Read your post and tell me if it makes sense? cause i tried to make something of it but im confussed, you have a nice day guy.

well if you know benny why ask the question, aren't you familiar with pink zilla?

well aren't you a professional you. I think I would agree with you, but not sure yet.

Rose I did this many times the easiest way for me was this: I cut clones, many many clones off the male, sometimes i would chop him all up, leave a branch that is going sideways, I stick the clones sideways in an oasis cube and clone them, in a closed closet with a little cfl then flower them and i place a dish below them. the trick is when i open the closet, i am very gentle all venting is off and i would place my shirt well over my nose and breathe slowly and work gently, i just tap the clones gently so that they release the pollen onto the glass plate, then i gently scrape and place them in a separate vial that goes into a mason jar that had sterilized rice in it kept then to the freezer. I prepared one vial every time i collected , you just need that yellowish dust. of course i use water to clean all the left pollen after i finish. I pollinated my plants by taking a female out of the flowering chamber and using a small paint brush i collect some pollen and like 2mm above the pistils give it a little tap i avoid letting it touch too much because it quickly becomes sticky from the resin. I leave it like 1/2 hour- 1hour then spray it down with water then back to the flowering chamber. It really was a fun thing to do, and it works flawlessly. Reproduction is indeed the most prioritized thing in nature. even poor plants can give fully healthy seeds. so don't worry Rose, i'm sure that you will have no issues doin it :aok:

Rose,
That`s the way I pollinated the one bud branch. I shook the pollen into a baggie and slipped it over the branch. Nervous Nellie doing it. Did not spray the rest of the down, forgot to in the excitement of doing it. Got 68 seeds from it and none from the rest of the plant. Have 4 of `em growing now.

hi rb---i would prune him way back---be sure all sacks are gone---pick them off by hand if you have to---keep him in 24/7 veg till his mates have matured---hope he reveges---my guess is if you collect pollen now---it isn't even mature yet---move him outside when u have at least 18 hrs daylight---let them do the nasty od

Latest posts

Back