My Poor Baby :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go look at my cabinet grow thread. Mine are doing exactly the same. Except worse.

That looks like the necrosis is older damage. It may be, if that is some older damage that you didn't see before, that now that they are going farther into flower, the plant is taking nutrients from the older, damaged leaves to feed newer growth in the tops of the plants. They will do that as they age. That is the problem with getting damage during flower. The plant has switched over to flower building and will not focus as much on older leaves that become damaged. Instead, it will rob the available nutrients from that leaf and then discard it, which makes it appear to be a growing issue.

If it is a real issue then it will form a pattern, if not then the leaf yellow-off will be random. Just keep doing what you are doing and watch them for a pattern.

Thanks, Hushpuppy. I genuinely appreciate your advice.

I'm not sure either. I have been told I may have over fed mine. That's what I'm going with. I flushed mine yesterday. Hoping to see an improvement soon. My new growth has burned tips now.

We may in fact be doing the same thing. Of course, several problems cause the plant to look the same as they do now.

I don't know if this is the problem but it may be a contributor. You started in FFOF which has synthetic nutrients in it. I'm not sure if it has any kind of microbes in it. If I was going to use that soil and go organic, I would buy some Tarantula soil inoculant from Advanced Nutrients; [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Nutrients-Tarantula-Liquid-Fertilizer/dp/B004NF22DQ/ref=pd_sim_86_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=04NCWKPVRHM5C3FEB5CT&dpID=51BtYCOadmL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR123%2C160_[/ame]

This would supply the microbe herd needed to take care of the plants. I would also use a good nutrient tea along with a nutrient base that contains all the important stuff. Sorry I don't have a better or clearer answer.

Hush, so ocean forest isn't a true organic?

FFOF is organic. It doesn't need anything added for 6-8 weeks unless you choose to top dress with guano's for flowering which is what i do. Worm casting for extra N and Guano for flowering. I have used that soil for 6 years and have never seen the above problem.

Thanks, Rose and Hushpuppy. I didn't realize until yesterday that it can take up to ten days for plants in soil to show a response to their food. I'm going to hope for the best, and just keep giving them the best I can.

So I just went in and looked at them, and noticed a pattern: all of the leaves turning bad are under direct light. The leaves that are in the shade are dark green and beautiful. Does this mean anything?

I must be mistaken. It has been my understanding that FFOF has both organic and synthetic nutrients in it. If it is totally organic then I was wrong and that changes things.

Rose, you've never seen it before. But you have never met a bumbling fool like me. Lol

Hushpuppy, a few years ago they had something that wasn't organic in ffof. I called the company. They assured me it was organic. There was some confusion but I think it has been fixed. That is why you thought that I bet.

Mindtrip, YES! that means something.

I just went to the Foxfarm website but was still unable to determine if the Ocean Forest soil is totally organic or if there is a synthetic charge within it. It isn't shown listed with other organic products in their product sections but that may not mean anything.

It used to be only Happy Frog was totally organic. I can check on my bag again. but pretty sure it is. Also, that damage can't be from ffof, can it? nah

Well if the FFOF is totally organic, that takes out the possibility of toxic buildup, and from their website info it appears to have a significant level of microbial activity within it, so that should effectively eliminate the soil from being an issue other than its nutritional value being depleted over time by the plants.

Now that the plants have been moved to larger containers of soil, the available nutrients may catch up with the issues. I don't remember if Mindtrip was using any other nutrients but I would most definitely be using an organic nutrient tea throughout the whole grow to subsidize the available nutes and microbes in the soil, if it was mine.

So I just went in and looked at them, and noticed a pattern: all of the leaves turning bad are under direct light. The leaves that are in the shade are dark green and beautiful. Does this mean anything?
If those dark green leaves are curling under some, that could be a sign of overfeeding, which would be odd in this situation unless you have been dumping a load of nitrogen rich stuff on them.

Hmm...I have no idea. They're not curling. They look very healthy. I'm seriously at a loss.

I don't see typical nute burn in that last pic so I don't think you have an overnute problem. I have seen this sort of problem before and was never able to solve it for the person who had it. They had the same situation where the plants did fine through the veg phase but then got worse throughout the flower phase. The odd thing was that this person was not in organics as you are.

I believe it is some form of toxicity OR micronutrient deficiency but I don't know why. I would not recommend that you flush them as you are in organics. But I would recommend that you do a pH test. If you know anyone with a meter, maybe you could ask them to test a water sample for you. Or if you have a hydro/grow shop nearby, you could ask them if they can test a water sample for you. But what you would need to do is get a couple gallons of the pure, processed water(I can not think of the name of this water to save me) and water a couple of the plants until you can get a good cup of collected runoff from a clean pan. That will tell you the most accurately what the pH is in the soil and possibly anything else in it.

That may tell you the problem or it may just eliminate a couple possibilities.

Latest posts

Back