a seed's life

• Thread starter GrewUp To ScrewUp
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GrewUp To ScrewUp

i have all these dead plants in this bone dry soil. now i planted about 30 seeds and 12 growths. im starting to dig in the dirt.

my question, if a seed is dry can you revive it?

how long can you keep seeds before they degrade?

if you plant a seed in soil but nothin happens does the soil swallow the seed?

im asking because ive found about 4 seeds yet only 2 were good and 1 was lost. i only got 1 seed left to make this work.

I would suggest germinating the seeds in wet paper towel, then switching it to dirt after the seed breaks.

I hear seeds usually stay good for a year.

I don't think the dirt swallowed your seeds. lol

Wow, only one seed left...I'd germinate it in a paper towel and treat it like its your only born child...

hi m8,was having a scan at ur thread there.
a good way to tell if your seeds are still viable,is to pick up a seed in your thumb n` four-finger,apply pressure to see if it crumbles.
the soil won`t eat your seed,you say you have planted 20seeds,is that all in the same container,by you saying your digging in the dirt,so your a soil grower.
need more info on your grow,where did you get the seed/what strain,size of pots etc.the more info the better.pics will come in handy for your future growing.stick to this site,you`ll find out everything you need to know,cheers.

I hear seeds usually stay good for a year.
if stored in a dry, cool environment, viable seeds will remain viable for several years..

well my friend told me if they crumble they are obviously gone. i only had ONE seed that would not crumle. I hope so badly it works and is a success. i know i was going to take a pic of the seeds but i had found atleast two goodies and my mom threw one of them out and at that point planting them was more important then pics. "0" the seed was 2/3 the size of that zero in quotes.

comes down to this 1 seed, im not even sure its a seed. i know im gonna have tp avoid the mistakes of last time. im gonna need a fatter stim, rapid growth so i can take more cuttings and no more deaths. a main worry for me besides the odds are that i got this seed out of the soil and if it diddnt sprout the 1st time why this time? if a hermie will bring me seeds im down with it.

Latest posts

Back