Another Trichome Question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Ok I am getting really Close i believe and all the BIG TALL Trichome r turnning a light Brown color and all the Little ones Trich. r still cloudy.

So which Trichome do a person go by???
Tall or Small?

Ok I tied up my branches to the main stock but not all the way up but just enough to make the branches look uniform like a xmas tree I am planning on Washing the Spider Mites off once again but before I wash with water I am going to spray them with some stuff for Garden and fruit trees and then give them a GOOOOOOD wash and spray the wall down GOOOD just to try to get rid of those Spider Mites..
Is this a Good Idea or not?? I need to get rid of them fast ..

The reason I am asking when I was tieing up the branches I broke a bud off of the main stock and I did a quick dry with toaster oven, and I had checked for Mites and there was but once I was done I didn't see any and not even a BODY on this bud, Smoked it and the taste wasn't so good !!!

1. I go by overall average on trichs. Something you really fine tune over time, but your close and in the "window" of harvest it sounds like.

2. Reason why your sample test was so bad is becuase you oven dried it. Not only did it put that nasty clrophyl taste but you cooked off the THC. So oven drying is not the best method. Better to just hang it up and wait till it dries....curing is when the flavors start to come out. ;)

look at the stalked trichs to see, if those are black, your late.. if theyre amber, the smaller ones will be going shortly, watch out not to miss your window, just depends on the high you want... use a hairdryer and dry the bud, it wont taste good still but better than an oven, but a little taste wont hurt..

Mutt said:
1. I go by overall average on trichs. Something you really fine tune over time, but your close and in the "window" of harvest it sounds like.

2. Reason why your sample test was so bad is becuase you oven dried it. Not only did it put that nasty clrophyl taste but you cooked off the THC. So oven drying is not the best method. Better to just hang it up and wait till it dries....curing is when the flavors start to come out. ;)

Thanks Mutt
I wish I could fine fine a BIGGER way to check the trichome so I don't have to put my little eye in that pocket micscope LOL
I been watching these girls eveyday now !!!

I had dried a sample in the past and it seems to be fine maybe the heat was to high!!

headband said:
look at the stalked trichs to see, if those are blacif theyre amber, the smaller ones will be going shortly, watch out not to miss your window, just depends on the high you want... use a hairdryer and dry the bud, it wont taste good still but better than an oven, but a little taste wont hurt..

Look at the stock for trich and see what they r like ? I didn't know that one !!
Thanks I will go and check that..

Hair dyer I think that will take to long to dry ! I will give it a chance on a next taster...

i swear it will take you no more than 2 mins to flash dry a little bud with a hair dryer.. the stalked trichs are the ones in my avatar. The tall trichs with the ball on the end. the ones you said are amber. I would harvest if i were you

Ur avatar is a pix of the trich on the stock??
Is that what u go by?

yea the trich has a stalk and ball on the end, This is the trichome. wait till these are amber to harvest for a couchlock high, you can havest all cloudy for the head high, i go 50/50

headband said:
yea the trich has a stalk and ball on the end, This is the trichome. wait till these are amber to harvest for a couchlock high, you can havest all cloudy for the head high, i go 50/50

LOL I got stoned and MISSED It !!:hubba: :D
I thought u were talking about the Main Stock on the plant next to the branches... Those are like a cloudy string up and down it with No Trichome sticking out..

I have been Looking at all the Trich now and All I have seen for the last 3 weeks is cloudy and those are the Small ones and i have seen some Bigger ones that have some brownish color and watching the small will be a few more weeks.
U said some thing about Black trich, Would that be alot Alot or just 1 or 2 made the window go by ?

2 months since Flowering and bag Seed from Local Compact weed from Mexico.. Yea know Street weed

Yea I am looking for a body & head high.. 50/50 % amber would be nice..

yea it was my first grow, and i didnt know how long it takes from cloudy to amber, it took about 2 weeks. Once you see the big trichs turning amber, the little ones will start to, its really hard to see unless you have a scope 100x or more. I have a 60-100x which workes great. Just dont let those ones turing brown, go black, cus then you missed your harvest window. one or two is fine, but lots of black ones = dead thc

headband said:
yea it was my first grow, and i didnt know how long it takes from cloudy to amber, it took about 2 weeks. Once you see the big trichs turning amber, the little ones will start to, its really hard to see unless you have a scope 100x or more. I have a 60-100x which workes great. Just dont let those ones turing brown, go black, cus then you missed your harvest window. one or two is fine, but lots of black ones = dead thc

I got one of those pocket scope and the best way for me to see the trich is after the light is out..
I sure would like to fine a BIGGER scope to look at the trich better, maybe I get rich (Lottery) to buy one of those computer microscope.:hubba:

Latest posts

Back