Trying out 2 Lowryders in PC Case Growbox

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PuffinNugs said:
i heard that 24 hours of light is the best for autoflowers and yeild suffers in the end. is there a reason for the 20/4 lighting?

20/4 is what is recommended by the breeders...they say anything over 20 hours is a waste of electricity...I think there is not a big difference between 18/6 and 20/4....at least i hve not seen a big difference in my auto grows yet...I was growing my latest White Dwarf under 24/0 until I saw it is actually smaller then the ones I grew under 18/6...I now hve the veg tent set for 18/6

Erk...

Kamuzu jumped up about 3 inches... and his top was crunched against the CFL.

:(

Although it doesn't look burnt, it definately doesnt look very pretty.

Jeez... really gotta watch out for these growth spurts.

Would have been a disaster if i had been using any of the higher temp. bulbs.

Lesson learnt today: Growth factor isnt always constant, so keep an extra eye open .

Yeah autos can hve a good growth spurt here and there...things tend to start picking up steam with them...

Hi Guys,

They jumped up 3 inches over the last couple of days, and currently are less than 2 inches from the lamps.
I have to transfer them out to a bigger grow cabinet. (like tomorrow...)
The new cabinet has about 4 times the floor area, twice the height and width, so I should be able to put in 6 plants (3x2), although I probably wont do more than three at a time.

For the foreseeable future, I'll only be doing lowryders and crosses.
In my new cabinet, I have space to put 2 ENV-125's.

So I have a small question:

Should I put in 2 x 6400k's, 2 x 2700K's, or one of each?

(The 6400k's belt out 8.000 lumens, and the 2700k's do 10.000 lumens)

I'm just asking, because I know the 6400k's are used for vegging, and the 2700k's for flowering... but in the lowryder strains, I'm not sure what would be more appropriate.

For those who dont know the specs of the ENV-125's, you can check them out here:

hzzp://www.golamps.com/site/pt/lampadas/Plantagrow/plantagrowindex.htm

cheers all,

Keep on toking!

I wld put 2 2700k's in there for the extra lumens and the fact that they are flowering right now...

Thanks HL

Quick on the draw as always... :D

So the 2700k's should be good for doing the whole cycle, like when I replant after harvesting?

tryer77 said:
Thanks HL

Quick on the draw as always... :D

So the 2700k's should be good for doing the whole cycle, like when I replant after harvesting?

To be honest with you I don't even use MH bulbs for my autos any more... I go with the HPS which puts out the flowering spectrum of light...So I wld think you cld get away with the 2700k bulbs for the whole grow...sometimes you hve to try things and see how they work out...

Great!

I am going to order 2 x 125W bulbs, to hang from the top of my growbox.

I'll put the other CFL's down the sides, just for the extra umf.

Will Update with pics as soon as I'm done with the modifications.

Latest posts

Back