mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbilly71

Reaction score
hello.new here. well I have the little red mites on my weed. drying now but have many all over. so my questions are as follows....what are they doing? how can I stop them , and can I still smoke it with those little bastards all over it?

The mites will leave when the plant dries. Did it affect you harvest? did you see webbing?

Welcome to MP hillbilly!

thanks so much for replying so fast and thanks for the welcome. well...been drying for 5 days and still finding them. so sad and shitty

don't see webbing...but some small mites...some white things....but,,can it be smoked even if it has them?

The white things could be white fly or thrip. all should leave when the plant is all the way dry and there is nothing else for it to eat. They don't eat dead stuff. Next time we need to talk bugs.. do you have loupe that is at least 30x magnification. I use a 60 cause i am old.. but if you can truly identify your pest we can help you get rid of them safely.

I imagine us ole hippies have smoked pounds of spider mites and not known it. YUCK. I really think you should be ok after it is all the way dry. Keep me posted, will ya?:vap-Bong_smoker:

Don't use neem it is just yucky for the plant. First find out what you have. Are you an organic gardener? If not there are things you can use that are more effective than neem really. Tell us about your grow, and I will try not to say yuck one more time.

I am fighting broad mites so I feel your pain.

If ya don't wanna smoke it ,,make RSO. Believe me we have all smoked plenty mites in our time. I cant even imagine what we smoked with Mexican Brick.

still wondering what the mites eat....and when its dry will they leave or die ?

Yes, you can smoke it. Most people would be appalled at the amount of insect parts and rodent hairs that are permissible in eatible products.

I agree with Roseburg on the need oil. It is icky and oily and it is very ineffective against mites. If you have no plants now, I would use a fogger like Dr. Doom and then scrub everything down.

I agree. SNS 209 worked really well for me. Doesn't help now but for future reference...

If you have an active infestation, use SNS 217. SNS 209 is a preventative.

Latest posts

Back