Lowryder#2, Master Kush X Lowryder, and DJ Short

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
s21thomas said:
I kept a few of my best males from each strain.
They are starting to drop some powder?? Everything seems to be going good so-far.

put paper under them to catch the powder/pollen
try coloured paper, as its a bit hard to see on white paper
if you flick the bottom of the plant loads will fall
when you have enough (you dont need a lot)
put on some Barry White (just to set the mood)
take the female you want to pollenate and tip it on to her

the only problem i had was when i put the female back in the others
somehow some of the others ended up with a few seeds as well
i assume my fan must have blown some of the pollen off onto my other ladies

there are probably loads of ways around this
but i wasnt to bothered as i still had plenty of bud

:D billy_fyshe Thanks for the advice. I think I will put the females I pollenate in the seperate room where my males are now. Let the girls sit a few days by their self, than hit them with the Liquid Light spray. Give them a good soaken all over with the LL and hope that rinses any excess off,
The only problem I have No Barry White!!! :hubba: How about the Commodoors Still?? Maybe Sail On, Wait I found the Temptations Its Growing:p that might work or should I go buy a Barry cd??:ignore: I know barry sets the mood:eek: and i could do this on new Years Day WOW!!! LOL
Thanks for the help!!!!!

s21thomas said:
How about the Commodoors Still?? Maybe Sail On, Wait I found the Temptations Its Growing:p

im sure any of those will do fine :D

cant wait to see how your blue streak turn out
i had never heard of them before
but they look great
i love Lowryder #2, but some variety would be nice :aok:

s21thomas said:
:D :ignore: I know barry sets the mood:eek: and i could do this on new Years Day WOW!!! LOL

Hey S, my vote is for Barry!! And New Years Day, how romantic!! :hubba:

I pollinated a few small popcorn buds on my WW's with some SpeedQueen pollen.

I'd put a piece of paper under the male plant, flick the stalk with my finger...:cool: and the little bugger dropped a load of pollen, did it several times over a 5 day period, I stored it in a little film canister til I had enough...then I took a fuzzy pipe cleaner and dabbed some pollen all over about 4-5 little buds, marked them for future reference and now it looks like I have some seeds coming on...:D

Thanks fo all the help on making seeds.:D I will work on that today. I just rotated all the Girls and checked for anymore possible Males or Herms. Good so far.:) Here is a few pictures @ Day 24.:p

Thanks KingKahuuna for that great post on pollenation.
Anyone who dose seeds should check this post out!!
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21119

005.jpg 006.jpg

007.jpg 008.jpg

009.jpg 012.jpg

They sure do grow fast!! Thanks for all the close-ups you added. Its wild @ 24 days in soil you have all of those nice buds showing pretty white hairs.
I tried to order the Blue Streak, They are all out right now!!
:D LOOKEN GOOD AND GREEN :D

Hit the Young Ladies with a good spraying of liguid light when they woke up this afternoon.:spit: The lowryder #2 and Blue streak are going crazy:p but the Masterlow is growing very slow.:( A few days ago 2 more males both Masterlow.:hairpull: I know now that I have all Females except for the males I have in another area for pollen.:D
I got great information from everyone on how to capture the pollen but not sure how long to let the Girls grow till I would give a few a good dusting of pollen. The plants were 4 weeks old yesterday and should be finished by week 10.
Their next watering I will start adding Beastie Bloomz. They been getting Open Sesame and Tiger Bloom the last several waterings. I started the seeds with Big Bloom and after a week Grow Big. I will finish the last 4 weeks with Cha-Ching. Its kinda strange but with auto flower not much veg time so thats how I been feeding them. No major nutrient burn so far.:eek: !!!!!! Anyway here are some pictures day 29. Picture #2 in this order Lowryder#2, Blue Streak, Masterlow

001.jpg C.jpg

D.jpg E.jpg

good lookin plants thomas i hope u get some major buds off them ladies

HAPPY GROWIN TOM TOM
AND HAPPY SMOKIN

billy_fyshe said:
lookin great :woohoo:
I would pollenate them now
give the seeds plenty of time to mature :aok:

Thats what I was thinking of doing. The Blue streak has a 9 week start to finish:rolleyes: we will see on that. That only leaves 5 weeks to go.
I think I will do the best looking plant and cover the whole thing. This should give me lots of seeds for later.
Now that all the Males are weeded out I have 23 nice Ladies so a few for seed snouldn't hurt the yield to bad.
Whats your thoughts on pollenating the whole plant??
Would you do any crosses?
I think what I have is allready all Lowryder crosses to make the strains I am growing. Thats why I probably will only do 1 of the best Blue Females with a mixture from 2 of the best Blue Males that I have. reading that one articale KINGKAHUUNA posted it said mixing a few good males gives you some of the best qualities from each male!!
:D THANKS IN ADVANCE :D

Don't pollinate the whole plant because your gonna end up with some nasty smoke. :eek: Trust me we know. ;) When we did our Stoneybud cross we pollinated the whole plant and ended up making ISO Hash out of all the bud because it tasted so bad. If your gonna pollinate just do a few branches. ;)

plus if you do just a few branches you could do crosses on some and the same on others, giving you more choice, just make sure you tag the branches so you know what seeds are what, and as TBG points out, you will also have some good smoke too :ccc:
when i harvested my seeds, i put em in an old film cannister (i imagine any dark air-tight container will do) with some dry rice (to absorb any moisture) left em in a cool place & 2 months later i started using them, so far 100% germination rate :aok:

billy_fyshe said:
plus if you do just a few branches you could do crosses on some and the same on others, giving you more choice, just make sure you tag the branches so you know what seeds are what, and as TBG points out, you will also have some good smoke too :ccc:
when i harvested my seeds, i put em in an old film cannister (i imagine any dark air-tight container will do) with some dry rice (to absorb any moisture) left em in a cool place & 2 months later i started using them, so far 100% germination rate :aok:

That is such a good idea! I ended up going on a hunt in shipping departments looking for those silican packets. I am sure they could be a lil better than dry rice, but if you just need to get by a few months it sounds like a great idea... thanks Billy!

I just took one of the better Blue Strek Ladies and pollenated all the lower buds.:p I left the main cola alone.
I have her in another room resting.:giggle: I will leave her there for a few days under 2 CFL's. I may use some liguid light or just mist with water befor I put her back with the others. Don't want any excess pollen in the main room.
I guess thats the only 1 I will try this time. I have several good strains of seed to try. Here is a pic of my Blue streak Mother!!:eek:

001.jpg 003.jpg

Good idea man. It has worked for me. I had Skunk1's growing. Pollinated lightly three small lower branches... and I got 13 seeds. The pollin was froze for a while... I think that is why there were not many. But.... I had 13 more Skunk1 seeds I didn't have to buy.

Latest posts

Back