Organic Cultivation Subcool Style~ The never ending How to thread...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ******* hate mud i'd rather do almost any construction chore that there is. Its like wet gooey torture.

I got it done but the top of the closets look like ****.

I spent the last 3 days removing the rot and making the wall sound and cutting in a new window in office for a/c and framing in the 24x18 opening for a/c in bud room. All these walls are supporting structures so they have to be blocked and 2x4’s added to create strength where door ways and windows cut in. This is a ***** and I didn’t know a Jeep could hold so many 2x4’s and sheets of OSB.

I want to say a word on MrG. He has been amazing in all this and he told me what I owed him yesterday and the man was totally kind to me he has done most of the work on Sundays and on week nights after working his *** off building stuff all day long.
He probably charged me 1/10th what a contractor would and I cut his pressure line in half with the saw so add me as a helper it’s a wonder he was so kind.

So I hung all the doors and primed the bud room it needs 1 coat of paint and then I start cutting in all the venting and carbon scrubbers. I am still working on the lay out but you will see it live here on Roller Derby.

These are waiting
The Boys
JTR
JC2
Space Dude
Querkle

The Girls
JC
JTR
Space Queen
Tiny Bomb
Urkle
Querkle Fems
JC2 fems
Apollo-13
Mendo Purps
Bubba Kush
Orange Velvet
Dynamo
Cosmos

The venting system is installed and most of the 6” pipe is installed connecting the hoods in each room. I am running 890 CFM’s total but using about 300 of it just to circulate common room air through the Phat filter that should be in wed of next week.

I decided on horse stall mats as sub floor for the grow rooms its just thick recycled Tires I think. They were expensive and incredibly heavy but it looks like they will last forever and provide a nice soft floor for my feet and insulation from the cold concrete for the plants.
The secret room doorway is framed in and I will finish sheeting the room in the morning.

Now I just have to get harvested so I can move all the equipment over.

primed.jpg

primed2.jpg

primed3.jpg

secretroom.jpg

duct.jpg

duct2.jpg

duct3.jpg

duct4.jpg

duct5.jpg

duct6.jpg

duct7.jpg

duct8.jpg

These pics are about 4 days behind now I am careful about pulling out the camera construction is dusty dirty work so its stays packed away mostly. I wanted to cover the new smell elimination system we have up and running as of today pics to come.

Running a 1200 CFM Phat filter located above the grow near the ridge vents and above 30” of insulation.

All hood venting is 6” and rigid as far as possible I tied in this hood and the one I moved over today with 6” foil flex and its all running and with door shut only a mild hum is heard. The air stone in my res was making more noise outside in the common room.

All nice and tight with very low static

MrG has a friend that works for the gas man and boom I get the hool up!!

Thanks MrG and his friend J

Now this is just a small 12x8 office in the garage but its TGA's new home so we got some cool paint a bit of wood trim and MzJills Primo badass Limealicious and Deep Purple Trim.

Note all the fixtures and covers were also hand spray painted to complete the Dr Seuess Office

white.jpg

white2.jpg

white3.jpg

white4.jpg

white5.jpg

white6.jpg

white7.jpg

white8.jpg

green.jpg

green2.jpg

green3.jpg

:D thank you very much for all this helpful information!

please keep it coming!

Ok everything is built and we have a basic knowlegde of growing by this point I hope.
This is how I grow and I use a bare minimum of nutrients in bottles so don't start asking me hows over drive work or can I use banana mana cause I have no clue :)

Lets load the plants into the room. Obviously I have been at this for a long time so if a grow room looks different its just one of the many many places I have lived over the years. I used a think tarp and some 2x4's to create a pan to catch any water that might spill and trust me you will spill water:hitchair:

I use catch pans now that I can wash each harvest but this works and cost a lot less.

rearranged8.jpg

rearranged2.jpg

rearranged3.jpg

rearranged4.jpg

rearranged5.jpg

rearranged6.jpg

rearranged7.jpg

rearranged10.jpg

rearranged11.jpg

rearranged12.jpg

rearranged14.jpg

rearranged15.jpg

Make sure your rooms are not getting to cold at night or to warm with lights on. I like a steady 75 degrees but a slight difference will cause your plants to straetch which many don't like but if you have the room it just allows light to penetrate the canopy more and I have seen these tall leggy plants yields large amounts at end of the budding period.

canopy204.jpg

canopy201.jpg

canopy202.jpg

canopy203.jpg

canopy206.jpg

packed.jpg

packed2.jpg

packed3.jpg

packed4.jpg

what can i say subcool but you rock. you are a inspiration to me

So for the last year Sticky Lungs and Joe Blow have been prompting me to try a new soil called Harvest moon. It really doesn't have a name or a label but these guys carry a product line called that and they seem like really nice people.
The main complaint with Roots is the fir bark that is used as a filler. It gives you splinters and makes us wonder if the mix is the best it can be. So the Harvest Moon people don't use Fir bark but high quality Coco Fiber and no spinters.
They hand wash the coco untill its extremly low ppm and then hand mix there soil. They do this outside which bothers me somewhat.
I love there soil mix so far and we have made an entire batch of Super Soil using 8 bags of there mix as a base.

lets review the ingrediants of Roots soil

So lets take a look at the ingredients of a product called Roots Organic

Lignite*, coca fiber, perlite, pumice, compost, peat moss, bone meal, bat guano, kelp meal, Green sand, soy bean meal, leonardite, k-mag, glacial rock dust, alfalfa meal, oyster shell flour, earth worm castings and Mycorrhizae.
I have always believed in giving my plants a wide range of soils and additives I figure it's like a buffet they get all they need

“Lignite, also known as leonardite, mined lignin, brown coal, and slack, is an important constituent to the oil well, drilling industry. Lignite, or leonardite as it will be referred as hereafter, is technically known as a low rank coal between peat and sub-bituminous. Leonardite was named for Dr. A.G. Leonard, North Dakota's first state geologist, who was a pioneer in the study of lignite deposits. Leonardite is applied to products having a high content of humic acid. Humic acid has been found to be very useful as a drilling
mud thinner.”

The new local product we are trying now is called Harvest Moon

Washed coco fibers, Alaskan peat moss, perlite, yucca, pumice, diatoms, worm castings, feather meal, fishmeal, kelp meal, limestone, gypsum, soybean meal, alfalfa meal, rock dust, yucca meal, and Mycorrhizae fungi.

So the Harvest Moon boys also believe in just add water for people that are growing medicine and have less experience. There solution is an additive called One Shot which I am still awaiting data on.

You add 1/2 to 3/4 cup to a bag of there soil and its good to go.
I used a small 1/2 cup for a 7 gallon pot for this trail

So both of these plants were transplanted on the same day and were the same size. They have been vegging under a 1k Hortilux Blue for 10 days.

There Tiny bomb clones rooted in 5 days by MzJill.
I used 60% Super soil and 40% Topping

Here is My new revised Soil mix

8- Large bags of High quality Organic potting soil with a coco and Mycorrhizae 25# bag Organic Worm castings
5# Steamed Bone meal
5# Bloom bat Guano
5# Blood meal
3# Rock Phoshate
¾ cup Epson salts
½ cup Sweet Lime ( Dolimite)
½ Cup Azomite ( Trace Elements)

bigtiny.jpg

bigtiny2.jpg

smalltiny.jpg

smalltiny2.jpg

twotinys.jpg

twotinys2.jpg

twotinys3.jpg

I am happy to report the method that took me a life time to perfect as a cannabis grower is stomping the *** off a local product and method.
The most stunning part is the day after the last shoot the taller subsoil plant was placed under a 400 watt Hortilux Blue and the Harvest Moon plus One Shot plant was left dead center a 1000 watt Hortilux Blue.

This 26" Tinybeast will be placed in 12/12 as soon as I find a place to bud her

Picture 001 (Medium).jpg

Picture 002 (Medium).jpg

Picture 003 (Medium).jpg

Picture 004 (Medium).jpg

Picture 005 (Medium).jpg

Picture 006 (Medium).jpg

Picture 007 (Medium).jpg

Picture 008 (Medium).jpg

well done fella. there,s a lesson to be learnt 4 everyone. iff u put that much effort and time into anything u do in life then u deserve all the rewards. u r the man keep up the good work

this is a really useful thread, thanks for the link to this :)

i cant believe this thread has died out... great info here

so in the new revised soil list. is it only a difference in a diff type of soil type, adding coco (washed coco or not) and that mycorrhizae, and a little less dolomite (2/3 down to 1/2 cup)

you know... with all these soil products and stuff, you would think there would be one place i could get it all... i cant find half of this stuff... i am in canada... what gives?

i hate running around and getting stuff that i cant find anywhere... also, is there anyone out there that doesnt grow using KILO's of soil?? whoa!! :eek:

anyone have any recipes for a small grower and/or canadian stores that may carry all of these products??

Hi,

Here are Subcool's latest fine tweaks on his "Super Soil" recipe:

Subcool Super Soil

-> Full Batch (12 cubic feet)

8- Large bags (1.5 cubic ft. ea) High quality Organic soil with Mycorrhizae
(i.e. Roots Organic)

25-50 lbs of Organic Worm castings
5 lbs. Steamed Bone Meal
5 lbs. Bloom Bat Guano (Fruit Bat – High P)
5 lbs. Blood Meal
3 lbs. Rock Phoshates
¾ Cup Epson Salts
1 Cup Sweet Lime (Powdered Dolomite)
1 Cup Azomite (Trace Elements)
2- TBS Powdered Humic Acid

Run off on this mix after a 4 week sitting with 7 ph water is 6.3

ALL HAIL SUBCOOL!!!!! I'm gonna have to go back over all this and see what I can actually afford to utilize at the moment. Awesome read though brotha. Thanks for taking the time! ;)

signin in to read the rest of this one later....real nice so far!

u guys are genius's this is a great thread, definetly will be coming back to this one once i get a grow room set up!!

Greetings...WOW....Someday i maybe up to your level.Today im beneath novice.
Annnnyway.Soooo Gooood.
GREAT WORK
EJAY

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
subcool said:
Once the soil has cooked or sat for a month or so were ready to transplant into the final pots. I use #10 nursery pots now that will hold a full 7 gallons of liguid. I 7 may not sound bigger than a 5 but let me tell you these slanted #10 pots hold a bunch of soil!
So I store the soil in large cans and then use the same kiddie pool/or tarp I mix in to transplant in. Helps keep the mess down. I fill each pot ¾ full with the super soil. I then fill the top half with plain potting soil. This buffers the roots and gives the plants time to get used to the hot soil I use.

Lets set up our pots on our trusty tarp the same one I used in mixing this soil. We line all the pots up and place 1/2 a container of concentrate into the bottom of each container:

Ok the veg room has reached the size when I wont to change pot size.

We then layer some plain commercial potting soil on top about 2" worth then use your hand to lightly mix the two layers slightly. This allows the plant to be buffered as it hits the hot soil on bottom.

It’s important to water the plants well before transplanting. This helps prevent shock a nice damp root ball will make a happy plant. Make sure the roots do not touch direct super soil use you hand to mix the plain potting soil around with the super soil. Place a hand full of plain soil in the hole you transplant in. Gently flip the plant upside down. Wack the bottom with palm of hand to loosen the root ball. Support the plant by placing hand on pot allowing stem to protrude though fingers. Remove from pot and support the base. Flip upright and place in hole made into the soil.

Then top off with Roots soil or equal

; very nice thread. a question i had for ya

Im surprised to not see a fan in any of your rooms. Do you prefer to not have a fan blowing over the tops to strengthen those stems up?

i have found that those little starter plugs are amazing. i went into the local hydro store looking for some rockwool and the guy in there turned me onto them. from the looks of your college ball cap, i think it might be the same place;) .... who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back