time of going flowering ? ( different question this time )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesweedmore

Reaction score
hi guys.

i grow 5 skunk 1 and 5 ww from seedsman strains.

i grow in organic compost with peat ,coco ,EWC and perlite using bio bizz nutrients.

my plants are 33 days old now from seeds and all of them topped about 10 days ago.

i grow 10 female plants in homebox XL grow tent ( 120 cm X 120cm X 200cm ) with 600W dual spectrum HPS .

i transplanted my plants from 6 litre pots to 11 Litre pots 2 days ago. my plants are nearly 40 cm now and they are still in vegging cycle .

when should i jump to flowering ? should i wait to see roots under pots before going flowering ?

height of homebox is 200 cm and my plants are 40 now. if they grow 3X height when flowering i will be screwed because of height of homebox.

so i think i had better go flowering asap but i want to know whether i need to see root tips in drainage holes of pots before going flowering.

thanks for your comments.

Hey CWM, if vertical space becomes a problem later, you can train your buds over very slightly each day (LST - Low Stress Training). I've done this many, many times in end flowering with individual buds that grew too tall and got too close to the light which could be taken no higher.

Be very, very gentle when doing this. Move the bud only a tiny bit each day. The goal is to have it end up sideways instead of longways to the light. By the end of flowering, the bud will get a distinctive "S" shape and will have saved you as much as a foot of height.

Remember to be very gentle. Snapping off a bud is the last thing you want to do. Just move it a tiny bit each day until it's sideways after a week or so.

I've done this with entire grow rooms also. The buds change sides of the area. The ones on the right end up on the left, the left ones end up on the right. This method works very well for those with restricted space or if a strain turns out to grow faster and taller than expected.

I'm sure others must use the same method.

Latest posts

Back