Black Domina and Blue Mystic indoor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
May as well start here, with germination . . .

The seeds arrived just yesterday, I put them to soak for 24 hours.
All of the Nirvana Blue Mystic opened by today. :D One of the Black Domina also began opening.

I transferred the seeds to starter (5") pots of mixed coco and black soil with a little added pasteurised sheep manure.

Left the pots outside under plastic sheeting for now, because it looks like showery weather today. As soon as they come up I will move them into the grow room and start 16/8.

only thing about outside is you might bring bugs inside...cant wait to see your grow pictures good luck!

I'll send pics of the seedlings as soon as there's anything to show. Been :watchplant:anxiously waiting to see if they are ok or not . . . and two of the Dominas just are breaking through the surface, and three of the Mystic. :D
Made a ghetto rig 4 x CFL cluster for the grow room - to minimise interruption of the light from the HPS lamps, I bolted two of the white porcelain ES bases back to back and screwed a Y-doubler into each side, giving me 4 sockets. I'll put a 30W CFL in each one and use the 120W CFL cluster + the two 150HPS to give me a total of 420W of lighting. A bit later I might add another 120W of CFLs.
The old CFL lamp board was a horrid thing that obstructed too much light, I threw it away. I also rigged an inlet flexible hose to the fan to reduce the noise.

4 Mystic and 2 Dominas today. Seedlings look good. I had to very carefully free the cotyledons from the seed casing for two of them. I hate having to do that, I've accidentally killed seedlings before.
Anxiously awaiting the remaining two. There were two seeds rather smaller than the rest . . . I bet it's those two that are late.
My camera failed this morning :fid:
So I can't send any pics for a while . . . got another one on Ebay but it will be a couple of weeks before I get it.

leafminer said:
4 Mystic and 2 Dominas today. Seedlings look good. I had to very carefully free the cotyledons from the seed casing for two of them. I hate having to do that, I've accidentally killed seedlings before.
Anxiously awaiting the remaining two. There were two seeds rather smaller than the rest . . . I bet it's those two that are late.
My camera failed this morning :fid:
So I can't send any pics for a while . . . got another one on Ebay but it will be a couple of weeks before I get it.

I know the feeling, lol.

JBonez said:
I know the feeling, lol.

Hey Bonez, maybe I should design a special tweezer-like tool that does the job! Get them made in China, sell them through HT Mag and make a fortune!

ha ha, i was also wondering about some sort of pliers that would crack and remove the remaining casing without harming the sprout.

lemme know what you come up with.

I should have waited, I am so mad! :doh:
I didn't have band new coco so I reused some old stuff to make the starter pots. And as a result I lost one of the Black Domina (all three germinated) to what MUST be a soil pest, since it happened at night and the pot was on top of a garden table, there is no way it was a snail. I bet it was one of those worm things that lives just below the surface and comes out at night - it bit the entire top off the seedling. :hairpull: :mad:
One of the Blue Mystics seems to have failed, the small seed I bet. And I have one spare seed. So, right now there are 4 Blue Mystic and 2 Black Domina.

I fitted a diffuser cone to the 150HPS so I can lower it without buring the plants, but right now I am in that awkward 'little seedling' phase, I dare not lower the lamp for fear of burning them, so I am bringing them out into the sunshine during the morning to try to stop them stretching too much. They look good though. The Dominas a little larger than the Mystics.

The remaining 2 Dominas and 3 BM's look good. The last BM, #4, the seed case got stuck on the cotyledons so eventually I had to remove it. One of the cotyledons got damaged but the other is ok and I can see the first tiny real leaf forming so I am hoping for the best. If it doesn't make it I will germinate the 'spare'. Bought lots of new coco to make the pots up.

Looking good. The runt is still there and slowly getting bigger. The other five are about two inches high now and on the second pair of real leaves. I can already see a 'blackish' look to the leaves on the two dominas, but except for that, they look pretty much identical to the Blue Mystic. Using just the 150W HPS for the moment.
I checked out the CFLs and they are a stupid price, they want like $10 for a 23W bulb.

leafminer said:
Looking good. The runt is still there and slowly getting bigger. The other five are about two inches high now and on the second pair of real leaves. I can already see a 'blackish' look to the leaves on the two dominas, but except for that, they look pretty much identical to the Blue Mystic. Using just the 150W HPS for the moment.
I checked out the CFLs and they are a stupid price, they want like $10 for a 23W bulb.

I've had Nirvana's SnowWhite seeds for a year...planted them and sprouted 2 weeks ago! :D I love Nirvana's germ rate and growth. Veg growth from seedlings is a little slow 4 my tastes but the clones will have alot quicker turnaround. Anywhoo...gonna watch this grow 4 sho! SUBSCRIBED! Thinkin bout pickin up that Alaskan Ice as well, sounds awesome.

Wishin you much greenage, bud.

Have a great grow.

7greeneyes :)

Hey, thanks! Having had great success with Nrvana's Aurora that's why I decided to try the Mystic. Are you starting a grow journal for the Snow White? Let me know please! I've been thinking about the 'white' strains myself. Wish I had more room.

Growth has been really good so far - checked today and the runt was doing great, the others are on the second pair of adult leaves, and I added three tomato seedlings that I found sprouting in an old tomato pot.

Intentions:

As soon as I can clone the Dominas I am going to clone each of them so as to get 2 + 2. I'll take one clone off each of the Mystics too. When the clones have rooted I'll put them outside so as to make them show sex, then the process of selection can begin!

Wow, it has been 2 weeks already!
I lost one of the Blue Mystics, bitten off by a cockroach. Which I spotted and sprayed. Stupid damn insect.
The plants are about three inches high and beginning to bush out a little, looking really good.

My Blue Mystics are 2 weeks in and looking good. Here is some MOJO for ya girls

Thanks Disco. You have any pics of your BMs I can take a look at? We're at exactly the same growth time! Also thanks, Smokestack.
No pics from me yet, sorry. Waiting for new camera to arrive. It's 7MP so I should be able to get better macros than on my old 5MP camera.

No digi camera. I am gonna tray and get a friend's soon but still have to find somebody who owns one. I'll post some pics of my various 9 girls when I finally stumble across a good ol Nikon...

Cool. It's going to be good to be able to compare notes with someone who's at the same stage with the same strain.
Today the plants look great. Going to be time for repotting at the weekend. The girls are on fourth pair of real leaves now and the centres look really bushy.
The Black Domina appears to be more vigorous than the Blue Mystic and its leaves are fatter. Really nice-looking indica with great colour. Doing well for just a 150HPS - I've been working on lamp no. 2 this morning to remote the ballast. I'll put that in at the weekend too, and take no. 1 out, do the remote ballast trick on it. Also going to get a pair of 32W circular CFLs to add some blue-white spectrum. Get me 360 watts in there, but so far I don't need all those lumens, the plants aren't big enough.
And the three tomatoes are doing well too!

leafminer said:
I lost one of the Blue Mystics, bitten off by a cockroach. .
:eek: Heck of a cockroach...musta been one of those giant sub-terrainian(?) ones like we have here.

Latest posts

Back