3 strain LED in hempy buckets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raisin Jackson

Reaction score
heres the mommies

jack herer, el nino, bobo

i know the jack well, the other 2 are kinda new, they all grow about the same size so they should work well.

jack mom.jpg

bobo mama.jpg

el nino mom.jpg

heres a few babies,
i have 7 bobos fresh and healthy
i have 10 mixed, 6 were rescued from an ebb and flow with ph issues, 4 were someone elses clones.

I should have the procyon in a day or two.
i will veg them a little while, up to a couple weeks or until they all look healthy enough for the journey. i will supplement the procyon with warm and cool cfls and a couple uvb bulbs.

bobo babies.jpg

bobo in distress.jpg

jack in distress.jpg

Looks like you gonna have a long wait with those flowering clones. Hope you got the patience for it..Good Luck.

heres a lady i had forgot cuz it was down "in the hole"
its been very neglected and chilly
its a bobo in the crawlspace thats been watered 3 times since it went down there, its been flowering for a month
givin nutes once, just a few days ago
its under a glowpanel 45 from sunshine systems with a cfl on the side
im hoping for one big bowl on halloween from her, thats all

the hole 001 compressed.jpg

the hole 002 compressed.jpg

the hole 003 compressed.jpg

I think she will bring you a scary halloween :D

Really hoping the Procyon shows up today.
I topped and trimmed the mothers, didn't top bobo, she stays small enough.
I only top mothers, gotta try and keep them short, and I get more branching.
This is my first hydro grow but I have alot of soil experience.
This is one of my first small grows and LEDs are new too.
I've been feeding the clones every other day but I think it'll be every third day soon, yay! These hempys are great but the runoff is a headache.
Thanks for following and I'll be checking in on your grows too.
Too bad there wasn't a way to swap clones on here. I'd like to trade for some smoke, I'm on day 3 without and broke. Boo hoo.

I got my Procyon today and it's hung. It's looks nice, high quality. I'd definately recommend indoor agriculture, great communication, quickly shipped, the guy I talked to seemed cool. After dealing with bad service from hydro shops, it's really nice to be satisfied with a purchace. I would definately buy from them again.

I started some beans, my strains are a little mature so a little new blood and some breedings in order:
10x b52 (nirvana)
10x top44 (nirvana)
1 each feminized: Hawaiian snow, super silver haze, cheese (greenhouse)

The b52 is the top priority, it's where my papa will come from.
I don't really like growing out one bean of a strain, but that's where my el niño came from. I've grown cheese, very nice, but not a yeilder. Top 44 is for another lil ;) project.

I'd be thrilled if either of the sativas works out.
I cull the weak, no mercy. I only have some satori and feminized brainstorm haze left, I probably will never grow them. Satori is a great smoke though, just not one that ever made the cut for long term. The brainstorm haze is a great tasting strain, but not really much of a haze. I got it from the
marijuana-seeds.nl site.

Looks like I have some issues with my first hydro grow. I really think it's ph problems in the buckets, hopefully a good flush tomorrow will help them a bit. 2/3s are having some curling on the first sets (oldest) leaves, new growth looks pretty good for the most part. I recalibrated my meter and it looks like the water I planned to use is at 6.7, not bad eh? I'm a little puzzled on flushing with the hempys, watering every 3 days means after the flush they sit in the rez with some lean water, not much nutes. Is that ok? I'm a little hesitant to dump more than the regular amount of water, I don't want it that soaked in the mix, you dig? Hope for some advice from a pro.. But otherwise let's just see what I can do..

I got supplies for my up and coming babies, all dirt, like I like it.
Pics when my camera is ******* returned. Why's my profanity censored?

I gotta say, I'm hating hydro. Too many worries, and that bleeping ph meter! I can grow really good buds organically- this is what I pay for being greedy and thinking yeilds.. I'd be happy with a few solid ladies in the dirt that I know would make it all the way. Maybe I should flower my moms and say screw hydro. I was hitting 1/2oz dried per jack vegged 10 days, why did I need all this damn hydro crap? If it weren't for the money I've already blown, I'd be out of the hydro game. I just want some damn weed, can't flip to flower unless it's all good.

I am gonna flower the moms since I know what I'm doing in soil and keep the best 14 of the clones. The moms will be right under the led, and the clones will get a mix. I'm still waiting for my camera. I'll get a couple clones off them to be future moms but my next crop should be the seedlings that go in soil tomorrow. I think all but one or two popped by the 2nd day, half in 24 hours, so not bad.

heres some shots with the lights on, 3 moms in the middle, they will be repotted and fed tonight. what do you think? more pics in a minute.

away view.jpg

top veiw.jpg

no cfls on.jpg

Wanna watch this one gow,You going to run a grow journal on this ?

ozman said:
Wanna watch this one gow,You going to run a grow journal on this ?

This is kinda the journal, didn't really know what to expect, my last crop kinda is gone, long story, and I'm starting something new, I'm a grower I can't stop, and this was to be my first go at hydro. I am gonna do my best to bring these buckets to the end, but I also wanna see what the LEDs can do on some plants that I'm familiar with and in soil as I also know. I figure the 3 in soil mean I got bud in December, and if the hempy buckets work out, maybe some for sharing, but I figure I'll get 3 decent ladies for sure. It looks like the 3 in the middle get great led light, 4 inner hempys get a good mix, and I'll have 10 with mostly cfl, with a little led. It's a fun test of the Procyon, and some of my own to smoke. I don't wanna brag, but I don't find anything better than my own very often. If I get 3oz off the mommies total, I'm happy. All ive ever grown is organic soil, and I get quality, very, but never much for yeilds. I can't wait to see how these buds look, I got a lady under an led in some poor growing conditions and she's one frosty *****. I'll have a great smoke report around Halloween, I can hardly wait. Wow this resin gets ya stoned I haven't had to scrape in years but it was worth it

Hi Raisin Jackson! I am also just starting a Procyon grow. Doing autos though in soil (I have tried Hydro before and hated it... found it too much work!). Keep us posted as to how your grow goes. Mine are at day 2 having just popped. They seem to be loving Procyon. am going to introduce some cheapy Warm White CFLs come flower time. V interested to see how yours goes. good luck!

flippa said:
Hi Raisin Jackson! I am also just starting a Procyon grow. Doing autos though in soil (I have tried Hydro before and hated it... found it too much work!). Keep us posted as to how your grow goes. Mine are at day 2 having just popped. They seem to be loving Procyon. am going to introduce some cheapy Warm White CFLs come flower time. V interested to see how yours goes. good luck!

Yeah I'm having a hard time figuring out how far to keep it above the plants, I think you have to be careful to keep enough distance, espescially when they are young. I think it's all about the intensity of the specific wavelengths of light or something.

Interesting about the height thing. I actually probably have mine about 13inches above "canopy" (hardly a canopy right now!)... my babies are growing like rockets and seem to love it. Had about 1 inch growth in 1-1.5 days. Am impressed... the reaction of the babies easily matches my 250HPS... and I'm holding judgement for now... potentially looks like it would match my 400hps. Not bad... not bad at all. Just waiting for last baby to sprout. So far... 2 sprouted within 4 days from sowing (I don't germ.. just sow and pour water over them)... 4 on 5th day... 1 today... and I'm not sure i haven't killed the other one... it definitely has germed but I just saw the stupid little thing pointed it's roots the wrong way.. and I saw a little shrivel of it's root (I thought the neck of the pseudo was starting to show so left)... once I realised what was going on I quickly covered it and hope it may survive. Ah well.. I was being a little impatient with it when I went cadavering to see whether there was any life ;). CHeers!

Seems like about half of the hempys are really taking off, I just realized they are the ones that had been in there an extra week. The ones I pulled from an ebb and flow table, I didn't have alot of hope for them, but now I do! I guess it's true that once the roots hit the rez they take off. Talk about easy to maintain, I'm topping them every 3 days, just started til strength veg nutes, using the Lucas formula (5ml micro/ 10ml bloom per gallon). My unloved bobo I have in the crawlspace looks and smells oh so tasty, got another 2-3 weeks and I'll have some really good buds to burn. I actually wanted it to hermie, so it could pollinate another girl I threw next to her, but no signs so far.

Latest posts

Back