3 strain LED in hempy buckets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoy the LED grows. More pics... :::subscribed:::

I'm using a Procyon 100, with cfls on the side. I will get some pics later today, I want to show my new veg room, plus I gotta show off my neglected crawlspace spiderfood beauty that'll be ready by Halloween.
The procyon is very nice, I have a cheap 28 watt panel on my crawlspace lady, and it's actually working great, but I keep it an inch or less above the plants top and Ive been keeping the Procyon about 16-18" above.

heres my oldest, 38 days of flower, not gonna have much weight, but itll smoke up real nice, shes been abused. and heres some leaf shots, kinda weird to me. ok next set will have the leaf pics

bobo 38 days up close.jpg

bobo 38 days away.jpg

the oldest 8 look pretty solid, the rest are a week behind, hope to see them pick up soon.

empys away shot.jpg

empys up close 1.jpg

empy up close 2.jpg

wow those leaves are weird.... no idea as to what strain though, i'm no expot... (pardon the pun...)

Of the 20 beans I started, 18 are out of the soil. I left them too long on cotton balls and alot of the were grown thru the balls or completely out with the first leaves before I put them in soil, the nirvana beans showed some great vigor, they wanna grow for me. I really like nirvana seeds, even more than greenhouse or any other I've tried. They are great, and there will be a champ in there for sure. The top44 and b52 are for future big t5 project, and I'll add silver haze, and hopefully cheese and Hawaiian snow to my personal stash grow. And hopefully with some breeding, a cross of some sort. It's good to be back in action. I got a couple nice nugs from a freind, wow that was cool, we have some great weed round here.

hey jackson those three leave you have are they thicker than the rest on they other plants

livinitup said:
hey jackson those three leave you have are they thicker than the rest on they other plants

That's the norm for that strain, they are about the same thickness as el niño, but short and only 3 fingered. Wait til you see one that wasn't mistreated, she was only fed once and watered 4x over the last month- them fat leaves are from an abused lady that's dealt with some real cool nights.

I'm torn between just flowering the hempys and giving them more of the Procyon, or keeping the moms to bud too. The hempys are taking off, at least 10-11 are pretty nice, bet I get 16, which would be a good 3.5'x3.5 foot footprint. The moms aren't looking as healthy as I'd like and a true Procyon hempy grow would be cool.

Well today they are getting fed, 5ml micro/10ml bloom per gallon.
Ph was 6.2, ppm was 950. Didn't get runoff ph, so far the hempys haven't been fussy really and that's kinda why I'm using them, I don't want a lot of hassle.

The plan is feed-feed-water, hitting them every third day (at least for now) and just thinking in terms of a 9 day week. Plain water every 9 should be good. Opinions, any hempy vets? I'll switch to 8ml/16ml in bloom.

Anybody wanna help guide my decision, should I just bud the hempys under the LEDs? I'm just thinking it would be a more pure test, and the hempys would be better yeilders, but only the middle 4 would really be right under it, the rest would get a good addition with the cfls on the side. Or I could rotate them every feeding or something.

so they got their second full strength feed yesterday and i took some shots. heres some overall shots,more to follow..

overall.jpg

16 hempys.jpg

hempys 5.jpg

this is the healthiest looking so far, either a jack herer or a kush, be able to tell eventually, but i want to really watch one, start to finish, and this is the lady i chose. i will probably pick four to be the center plants, and keep them there, to get a good idea what the procyon can do, the rest will get alot of cfl and supplemental led, so they wont be as good of a test. i will add some more leds if this baby works out. i will have the 4 chosen by next pic time. im thinking this is a kush so i want a clone from it since it seems to like the hydro the best, and if so, then that will be a strain that needs to stay. ive probably said it a few times, but about half of these ladies were in awful shape in an ebb and flow, some (4) were clones from a friend that didnt know what they were cuz he's an idiot, and a few were some last minute additions to boost my numbers, so some are at 13 days, some at 20. half are bobo, probably 2nd most will be el nino and jack herer, and i will maybe get a white widow or some other surprise strain. (I will be able to identify all of them eventually, they are all from plants ive grown, even the mystery ones, they were cloned from clones that i cloned, a long time ago, before my beautiful organic super dank producing garden was rapidly dismantled and dumpstered)

test plant.jpg

tester top shot.jpg

Plants look good but you really need more light to grow the nice buds.

I kinda think I'm good on light, at least for the center 4, I think 4 procyons would be ideal for 16 buckets, but I'm confident it covers a 1.5x1.5 square sufficiently. This is kinda a trial run, the 4 in the middle should end up pretty heavy, I sure hope a 600$ led can produce at least a couple ounces per bucket. If it does, I'm happy. I may add more LEDs later, depending on what ends up being needed. 4 ufos around 1 Procyon would be mighty nice over a 41"x41" square. If this grow fails, I've always got other things going on.. ;)

Raisin Jackson said:
I kinda think I'm good on light, at least for the center 4,

I only say that because in post 24 you said they were flowering for 38 days.

I believe those buds could be bigger at that age.

Do you have any more recent pics of your flowering girls?

Either way its still a nice grow.

The pic at 38 days of flower was one I tossed in the crawl space under a small 25 watt panel, then forgot it and didn't water it for over a week, but it's survived real cold nights and neglect, and being fed flowering nutes once. The main plants are gonna go into flower in about a week, hopefully the 18th of October. That one at 38 days in that pic should be done fairy soon, maybe dried and ready by Halloween, I bet I get 1/8-1/4 oz of smoke out of her.

heres are the hempys at day 16.
some are technically a week older, but they were in bad shape, and i need to make it simple so im going with this being day 16, hopefully be flowering in a week or less.

day 16 001.JPG

day 16 002.JPG

day 16 003.JPG

Latest posts

Back