3 strain LED in hempy buckets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have what looks like nute related issues showing inmy leaves, not too bad but it's on just about all of them. Last time they were fed with ph:6.2, ec:950. Same feed today except the ph was 5.9, they were flushed with 6.2 ph water last time, a few days ago. It's 5ml micro/10ml bloom per gallon, gh flora, using the Lucas formula. I should have gotten pics, but they are growing like I've never seem before, like every day I check them I'm really impressed, espescially the stalks, thicker than I ever saw in soil. I guess I'll just keep and eye on them. I'm giving nutes on a nute-nute-water plan, every 3 days they get soaked and the rez is dribbling, they look thirsty at feed time, about right I think. I was thinking of flushing less but now not so sure. They do take off after the roots hit the rez. Oh and my run offs been good, shouldn't be ph problems, either a buildup or an imbalance of some sort I think.

heres some overall

overall on.jpg

overall on2.jpg

side shot all on.jpg

Not sure the right amount of nutes. I hit them with half strength today, 2.5ml/gallon micro, 5ml/gallon bloom. I think I raised it too fast and hope going down a bit will help. May go back up next week, it's supposed to be like 8/16 ml/gallon in bloom, but I'm thinking half that would be ok. Time will tell, but some advice would be great. I think after this round I will have a better plan for nutes next crop.

My 7 youngest plants, all "bobo" strain have purple stems. They look fine, just never had purple stems like this. They are swelling and they look real healthy, should I be worried? I hit everything today with same nutes: 2.5/5ml per gallon, flush on Friday and start budding them Monday. Will move up to 4/8ml p/gal, which is half the original plan, I don't know what underfed looks like, so I will try and build up to the 8/16ml over time I guess. Ph was 5.9 today, the water here is perfect it seems, the nutes drop it down about .5-1.0, from the 6.8-7.0 it generally is straight from the tap. Sampled a little quick dry bobo today, it needs another week but the top buds will keep me happy when I need some. I think it may have seeded the younger girl as I'm hoping, so I may get some female beans to work with, this strain is supposedly very old, ~30 years, so new beans are needed.

Switched the lights to 12/12, nutes at 4ml/8ml micro/bloom per gallon. They don't look nearly as healthy as I am used to in soil, but they've grown alot faster and alot thicker stems, I'm hoping this turns out ok, I've never really had ugly plants going into flower, but theY are sturdy, and hopefully will at least pack on some weight. I almost feel like I've underfed them, or goofed on the nutes somewhere. I will try for some pics soon.

heres some untrimmed, next round some trimmed, these were small and theyve been smoked.

pretrim1.jpg

pretrim2.jpg

pretrim3.jpg

-ok these are day 3 of flower about 36 days old total
-i will try to show what the procyon lights and how the girls are doing
-im happy so far, i think i have learned alot about nutrient levels in hempys
-is anyone following this?
-i guess in about 55 days i wont care cuz i will be perma-stoned again as i was when things were good
-hempys are great
-life is a joke, it means nothing, enjoy it..
heres some pics, man im drunk, can i say drunk on here? heres the pics:
there are 2 sets coming, first i will show some then i will show some more, 2 sets of pics heres the first..

bobos.jpg

overall.jpg

overall2.jpg

seems like my nute issue is a fading issue, things look good to me, im happy, the end of the year will hopefully be rewarding.. im still watering every third day, 2 days of nutes, then flush.
the pic in the growroom is of 7 plants, 9 are in the tray.. ive never seem a better use for that crappy flood table. i use my airpump to aerate my water/nutes, my ph meter is collecting dust. i love these hempys.

6 day bloom 4.jpg

6 day bloom 5.jpg

6 day bloom 6.jpg

Nice crop rj! How about a mini smoke report?

Nice grow. I like that light you have. I think I'll stay tuned to see how you like it. What is your cfl set up made of?

Bobo smoke report:
now this isn't entirely fair to the bud, because it wasn't cured properly, just cableboxed it. It seems to be a pure or pretty close to pure indica. I've heard it may be a cross between blueberry and bubblegum. It's fruity, but in a fruit punch sort of way, no specific fruit can be named, but it's fruity, and my wife likes the taste better than any she's tried. It is similar in strength to white russian, but doesn't turn my head to jelly like the wr I used to grow. Actually it kinda grows in stature like the wr did, but looks like my Jack herer in the leave department. There was some purple/bluish color to it, but it grew in a cold environment. It definately smokes like a blueberry strain that comes around here, but not that distinct flavor. There is no harshness to it at all, I can't imagine how smooth and tasty a properly cured bobo bud will be. The stone lasted about 2 hours and is one I only need a few hits of (I am a very heavy smoker of good buds). I'd say kinda mango/blackberry flavor.. Kinda like blackberryjam/Capri sun fruit punch. I love it. It'll be my nighttime smoke. It actually settles me down alot and not many strains do, I'm one of those guys that'll stay perky and awake with any bud, stimulates my mind. I will have some more bobo in a couple weeks and will slow cure some. It has seeds on it I think/hope. Pollinated by a bobo I hermied (though I never saw any male flowers)

My cfls are in a cheap 5 bulb vanity bathroom fixture that costs about 15$ at lowes. I have 3 of the 23 watt and 2 13 watt bulbs (2700k) in each of those fixtures in that closet. They are handy- I just got a 6 bulb one for 20$ that I have 4 plants under (old mommiesx3 +1 Bobo that's just started it's flush phase)

hey hoping for some opinions on whether or not im trying to grow too many in here, i can move six out, and kill the runt, leaving only 9 buckets in there. its looks like it may get overcrowded with another 7 weeks to go.
they are a month vegged, a week bloom.

pic0.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

ok its feed time. day 10 bloom. 2 of the first 9 to feed, last is 6 bobos waiting for their turn. next round i will show one that was suffering ph issues and yanked from my ebb and flow and looked bad, i believe its an el nino..

9 flash off.jpg

9 flash 0n.jpg

6 bobos chillin in the sun.jpg

Latest posts

Back