NV's SS CC Bubba Kush, final experiment- #1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Dirty, that plant is just solid bud. what did the root mass look like when you took her?

My ss 'cooked' for two months and man, the PH is right on! Sounds like a rec for more than one month is a worthy piece of advice, eh?

The Bubba is beginning to go. I don't even think the roots have hit anything yet. I did a 3 to 4 inch 50/50 buffer of base and ss and a one inch buffer of base on top of that. I don't think I'm seeing nuthin' yet:hubba: Something tells me when those roots smack into that SS something wild is gonna happen. I will flip sometime in the next week, maybe next weekend, and I think the roots will be on it by then;)

Ok, so these have been in the SS since... last Tuesday I think. About one more week to go. I'm thinking they are liking their new home and have yet to see any problems. I''ll get more pics right before the flip..

2009_1018Oct180002.JPG

aplaisia said:
Hey NV... Did you understand my "60 day life cycle" sttement a little better?
C ya LATR

Apple, c'mon man, I got you before the words left your lips bro. Well, so to speak. Here man I know you just don't have the time, what with all the reading going on, but I got you a little something to broaden your horizon and fend off monotony. This took but a few minutes and I am sure there are hunderds more just like them...;)

hxxp://www.hempdepot.ca/seeds/chimera/C4.html

hxxp://www.hempdepot.ca/seeds/dj_short/Blueberry.html

hxxp://www.hempdepot.ca/seeds/dutch_passion/Passion1.html (42 days;) )

hxxp://www.hempdepot.ca/seeds/east_island/DutchTreatxNorthernLights.html

hxxp://marijuana-seeds.nl/hash_plant.html (Hey, Apple, 5.5 x 7 = 38.5 days...)

hxxp://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/tga-subcool-seeds/tga-subcool-seeds-the-third-dimension/prod_1179.html

Now I hope you can understand that.

just passing through NV.:) ... hey apple.:) . i grew out the hash plant, but the mites had thier way over here with 'em, and it caused me to trash the grow. i did'nt see where they could claim 45 days flower??? maybe it was grower error.:confused2: ...

i heard the BK is a 50 day strain? anyone care to follow up on that?...

have you grown BK NV? prolly a goofy question for a cali guy. lol. lol...

aplaisia said:
I'm just out havin fun... Thats it...

You kno

:D We know Apple, we know. 'Cause if ya weren't, then we would really have to start worrying about ya!;)

lol Irish! Yo man, yer sittin' in a BK journal right now:p And I have grown it before...;)

Last harvest was taken at 63 or 65 days or close to it. I'll have to look that up..

This one? I'll know when I get there!!:D Flip is this weekend. Saturday night.

yeah, i know i'm looking at BK here, i just wondered had you done it up before. soo, i see you have. gotta look past me sometimes bro. i was toking on some BK this morning.;) ... my 5 BK are pouring it on nicely also...65 eh?...carry on...

aplaisia said:
All the bag seed I've had seemed to be femd.

A little hermi-action S1's. (Well, guess they could be S20's for all anybody really knows..)

Good choice staying away from them, either way:cool:

IRISH said:
yeah, i know i'm looking at BK here, i just wondered had you done it up before. soo, i see you have. gotta look past me sometimes bro. i was toking on some BK this morning.;) ... my 5 BK are pouring it on nicely also...65 eh?...carry on...

There's nothing like the smell of BK in the morning!:D

65. Well, there is a small contingency that fully believe most miss the boat with BK by pulling it way too early. Of course it comes down to preference. NCH pulls his @ day 56 but, then, he's in hydro. I am in soil so naturally it might take a bit longer. Is that BK with the KULT IRISH? Now I gotta go back and look;)

yeah, the BK are in the same room as the KULT. the BK are the smallest in my room atm...

anything new going on with the girls?...

Two months of hellish waiting to go. Looks like it will be a very merry Christmas after all. Bubba Kush vs. Subcool's super soil- The truth! I am very excited about this. Everything is looking good and healthy so far, but, could this be my best grow yet? Will Santa Clause stop here and not leave again until after the New Year? Will Rudolphs nose be employed as the designated bong lighter?? The only way your gonna know, folks, is to stick around and watch this one through!:D

Really the Bubba Kush is secondary here. All my excitement and attention will be paid to the performance of the SS recipe and the buckets. This grow could crash and burn, but I don't think it's gonna;) In fact, I think it might be time to invest in more buckets! Lowe's is gonna love me.

Super soil. Ok folks, there it is right there. If you're into it then just sit right back and enjoy the show!

2009_1022Oct250001.JPG

2009_1022Oct250002.JPG

I have got to see if Rudolf's nose is used as a "lighter".

I have got to side on the Soil, as I am also a Soil Grower. Or is that a Grower in Soil...either way, tcbud is rooting for the soil grow. Rooting as in Cheering for.....
over.

I think I here sleigh bells already nvthis...watch out for rudolph nibbling those plants...how do u think he flies? I am betting thatn not just his nose is red:eek:

2Dog said:
I am betting thatn not just his nose is red:eek:

Not exactly sure what you meant by that, but it sounds funny:D

So I'm sitting here contemplating Christmas buds aplenty and jonesing for guacamole. So what do I do? NV makes........

Guacamole.

But it doesn't end there. Nope. 'Cause I am eating and thinking....

UKgirl, now that you have been to the Pacific Northwest, how's the Mexican food in the UK? I don't know why I ask. Well, I am curious though..;) And I don't know why I asked in here. Hmm.

I'm kinda high.

I don't know if Santa likes guacamole but it doesn't matter, 'cause I'll eat his half.

Hey, know what I saw at the store? Ready to eat cheesecake, in a tub!! Can you believe it?? I wanna get some Hostess cherry pies and a spoon and...

Hey 2dog, did you mean his butt might be red too??? That's kinda disturbing:giggle:

Ok, so sometime in this next month (early) I'll be making another batch of the SS. I will document what I am doing, too, so y'all can join in if you like. I will review the recipe about a week ahead of time;) If ya don't want to join in, no worries, I was gonna make it anyway.

I am so sick of guacamole right I don't care if I NEVER see another avocado, ever. Til tomorrow.

Goodnight.:)

2009_1023Oct250002.JPG

Hi NV...

Mmmm... nice looking guacamole... I'm pretty picky about my guac... don't care for most of it... but that looks very nice and fresh... I didn't see much Mexican food in the UK or Europe in my frequent travels but maybe that's changing... What they do have in the UK is amazing Indian food... and lots of mideastern fare too... kabobs, etc... Leave Santa some humus!

Get ready for the wackiest looking flowering you've ever seen... they get an odd look to them... like they're trying to explode with pistils at the tips of the buds and it looks kinda like a little 'bleached out' spot on the tops of the buds no matter how close they are to the lights... You're going to have some beefy buds bro... This will be fun. And your containers will do great too... All due respect to Subby, I think this method will work in a variety of containers and plant sizes... He just sez... "THIS is what works for me but have at it..." and it's bangin'. :eek:

I think I'm going to experiment with getting some K-mag into some grows... for a healthy dose of potassium since that's the only thing that looks a little light in the mix...

Happy Flowering!:cool:

aplaisia said:
Under and out!

Right on man! Now yer ketchen' on!;)

Yeah, mine tasted like that too. Weird. Must be the time of year or something, I dunno. But, they were 5 for $5 for the BIG ones at the grocery so... Guess I can't complain too much.

How do you make yours? Mine is just straight basic. Avocados, salt and tomatoes, as nature intended.

nvthis said:
I'm hoping HIE. This really is a safe deal. If the SS conks out I can opt for my regular feeding program, so the only way is up, ya know? I know the buckets are a bit tall, but I am looking forward to 'dissecting' the soil when this is done, and seeing what's been going on down there.. If this works I am prepared to jump to 1000w and more than double the number of buckets for the dc grow. I think I can fit 16 buckets, it just a matter of committing to that much hassle. With the buckets this deep I might even be able to go 2 dc per bucket and trim to cola only. 32 dc colas, that wouldn't be terrible. Yeah, I am getting WAY ahead of myself there:rolleyes:

great experiment,if this works we could apply it to massproducers bucket idea.of course only using his method,but employing your bucket cut idea-minus the drainage holes.this would take more veg time and all ,but considering that coco is very loose,it may not take much more time ?

could also knock up the coco with bacillus-non anthrax- b. anthracis,or b. staphylococcus ,endo/ecto mic's.,and trichoderma.thats a thunderfuck waiting to happen if you ask me,which you didn't.we could also add enzymes to the medium.:headbang2:

with the combo you could be looking at 1 plant per thowy,or 600hundy yielding astronomical amounts and keeping it organic,while still being hand fed hydro basically.indoors under optimum conditions could be like no other.huge root system with beneficials working for her.this godess would be owned by the enviro. that her root system thrives in.:confused:

i'm going to try it.get back to all of you.

i wish you all safe , as i wish myself.happy halloween

oh yeah bro. it's on...:cool: ...

looks like the roots hit the goodies from over here.:hubba: . feeding time in the flowering room at Nv's place...

see those bright tops? thats the beginning of the explosion 'o the bud...

i was gonna try to flip tonight over here, but something has come up. hmm, maybe tomorrow, or next...

you feel'in it bro? it's look'in all gravy now... let's hope it's smooth sailing straight thru harvest...

Peace...Irish...

Latest posts

Back