NV's SS CC Bubba Kush, final experiment- #1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey hey all. Well, it's been about two weeks. Nothing much happening. Plants are growin' and I'll try to get a few shots up tonight if I don't get too stoned first:p

I am off to make some purchases for the next SS run. I am going to pick up another load of buckets from Lowes as well. Got about 5 stops to make (gotta hit w-mart and pay car insurance, ect..) then I'll be back to get this SS ball rollin'. Gonna mix up a new batch this weekend or next, so if any of y'all wanna follow along, check out the recipe ^^^^ up there somewhere.

The SS for week three is doing stellar. The buckets are really working out so far. It has really saved me on watering. The buckets hold in the moisture pretty well and there is never any sudden wilt from thirst. I can see a thirsty plant from a mile and 1/2 out. I am still on the fence as to wether or not this is a great thing. Something in me doesn't like the thought of all that moisture just hanging out in the bottoms of these buckets, but so far it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Looking for a rockin' deal on a new luma. 1000watter. I want to get that out of the way before this month is over. Once that is in Ima just walk away and let things do what they do.

See y'all later:ciao:

So I'm just about set. I will be switching up the stew a bit with a few things I want to try. For starters: My base soil. The base for this grow was FFOF, FFHF & FFLW, 1 bag each (1/3 recipe). This next batch will be FFHF, EJ Amazon (in place of the OF. A very comparable product that utilizes coco instead of perlite. I will be adding perlite to the mix) and Bio Bizz Coco Mix in place of FFLW. The EJ was half the price of OF. The bio Bizz was $20 per 2sf bag and the LW is about $13-$15 per 1sf bag in my area.

I will also be trying a little oyster flour with the lime and a little glacial rock with the azomite. I don't believe in over-inhancing so much, but do like the idea of a multiple source amendment.

Ok, so we are all set. The next step will be to mix the recipe and allow it to 'cook' for a month+. When I am ready to use it I will test the PH. That will be the last time it is needed. With a little over a month to cure the ph should be right on the money. As I am mixing this, I will document with photos how the process works. I will be mixing this in my bathtub. I found this to be an exceptable way to stop any unwanted attention from my neighbors;) I will be doubling the recipe this time around as I intend to double my garden size on th next run. I will be doing 2 plants per bucket at 12 buckets. 24 plants, that oughta be fun.

So I will build this new shot of SS either tomorrow or next weekend.

I did find out what those bugs were. They are thrip larvae, and they are going die for that:chuck: I decided to save the Safers for a later date. I was reading a bit about killing mites with a 50/50 mix of water/iso. Think I'll test a little.

A few quick pics of the flower room from tonight. 3 weeks. So far, so good.

2009_1112Nov140003.JPG

2009_1112Nov140005.JPG

2009_1112Nov140006.JPG

ya'll mind if i get in on this race ? i'm lookin' at a christmas eve harvest as well. our plants look about neck&neck.. very nice girls NV...how many watts you flowerin' under ?

Take 2 buds at night and call me about 4 o'clock. Man at the end your gonna have one schtinky room!

PUFF MONKEY said:
ya'll mind if i get in on this race ? i'm lookin' at a christmas eve harvest as well. our plants look about neck&neck.. very nice girls NV...how many watts you flowerin' under ?

Hey Puff, these are under a 600w Lum. I am in the market now for 1000w so they will finish under in that. I have about $600 held back specifically for a new light so it shouldn't be long. Next grow I may train both along for 1600w, but that would be a lot of space to fill...

Ok, cool man. A Christmas harvest! Should be a lot of fun around here come the 25th:hubba: Hey Puff, next year were gonna try for a christmas harvest club or something. We'll run our own 'bud pic of the season' just for fun. Sounds like a lot of folk around here are pretty into the holidays and down for it! Might as well have a little 2009 christmas preview, eh?:D

How about you Chef?;)

HI NVthis...

Boy those look like they're really starting to take off! :aok: VERY nice! Your plants look healthy as can be and bangin' along... So are you changing up the base mix just for the fun of it or more to save a few $$$? Just curious... I've seen Submix recipes using bales of Promix too and that would be much cheaper. Trying the Amazon sounds like fun... I've read a lot of good things about it. Keep doin what yer doin'!:eek:

& I got a Thai plant that may be sailing into port around Xmas... Only time (lots 'o') will tell... She'd tied up like a pretzel and flowering like crazy at around 6 weeks 12/12 but she still has a long way to go... I better make that New Year's... or so....

Peace!:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
HI NVthis...

So are you changing up the base mix just for the fun of it or more to save a few $$$? Just curious... I've seen Submix recipes using bales of Promix too and that would be much cheaper. Trying the Amazon sounds like fun... I've read a lot of good things about it. Keep doin what yer doin'!:eek:

Peace!:cool:

You would think that living in NorCal would give me the pick of the crop in terms of soil choices, but I am just rural enough that I would have to travel to find anything. The best stuff in my area is FF.

I cruised to the next big town yesterday to poke around a bit. There I can find Roots, B'cuzz, Bio Bizz and the like. One of the grow shops even started carrying Sunshine Mix 2 & 4 @ $44 a bale. I liked the prices I saw, but I also have a bit of an adventurous spirit. The moment was right so I went with it;)

I almost went with the roots this time. I have a friend of mine that hates FF products and constantly rides me about using it:D (He lives in a big city.) They had an open bag and I was checking it out. Big mistake. I got nothing but microscopic splinters between my fingers for my troubles. I dunno if I am brave enough to deal with a whole grow of that stuff.

Cool bro...

I really don't think the base soil makes that much diff once you add that much cha cha to it... But the FFOF must be pretty cheap out there compared to here... or anywhere else but NoCal... $17.50/bag here... When I was researching Supersoil I read so many threads and depending on which way the wind was blowing at the moment Subby suggested, ProMix bales, Roots Organics, Bio Biz Lite, and even what he HATES at the moment.... FFOF and LW used 2:1... I don't think there's much diff in how you do it but i'm no expert... Organic growing dank weed or anything else for that matter isn't a new concept...

Dunno if you've read this Subby story at High Times...

hXXp://hightimes.com/grow/subcool/5728

Rock ON!:cool:

never seen it for that high before, guess I ought not complain! :eek:

Hey hey folks! Coming up on week 4 and everything is looking great! Something I am noticing about the buckets though... I won't know for sure until I dissect them after the grow but it seems they hold quite a bit of moisture in the bottom that never gets used. I am finding I barely ever have to water at all. In normal nursery pots I can see a plant wilt if the pot is running too dry. In these buckets I might see the largest fans droop for several days while the rest of the plant looks vibrant and just fine? I can water with 1 liter every once in a while and the fans will perk back up but everything just keeps plodding along. Interesting. I have no clue, at this point, if the roots have even gotten to the bottom of the buckets yet.

Ok so I went into my room last night and had a whiff of some of the buds... VERY different smelling than the last time I ran this plant. Should also be interesting if this smell sticks around. It's not coffee, it's not medicine, it's not bubblegum, it's str8 up dark chocolate ice cream. I smell this and it smells like I have just shoved my nose into a chocolate milkshake. I went back in tonight and comfirmed it. Nothing but chocolate. We'll see if it stays like that...

I'll put up a few new bud picks here this weekend..

It's not quite the weekend, but here is a few pics.. As promised..

bubba3.jpg

bubba2.jpg

Bubba1.jpg

Looking good NV. Just a few more weeks. It'll be a dank Christmas for sure this year!

I pay 24.00 a bag....for roots...I used to use foxfarm and got a batch with a soda lid in it..heck no. looking great nvthis I need to go where the dirt is cheaper it seems lol...

Hey hey, thanks guys. A few more weeks and I'll start pulling select buds out of the box for some photo sessions. Hopefully I can get some good ones. This stuff is soo dank and it's just a nondescript bubba Kush club cut thats history and make up are a complete unknown. It ain't pre and it ain't kastu. That's all I know of her. I have some pre '98 on deck that should blow her doors off... We will see. Anyway, if this plant holds true to form we should see a bit of purple starting this Tuesday. That's been my past experience with her so far. GMO, this will be a Christmas harvest! Hohoho! Oh what fun it is to trim at the best time of the year!:D I can see it now.. Trimming buds with Christmas Story on the tube, lights blinking everywhere, the smell of silvertips, fresh fudge and egg nog to snack on, a roaring fire in the ol' woodstove and... Classic rock pumping in the background:hubba: Oh man oh man, can it get any better then that??:confused2: :aok: :ccc:

Be careful when you are trimming those buds. You don't wanna "poke your eye out". That is the only movie that can really get me in the Christmas spirit. I've watched it at least 15 times every year for as long as I can remember.

Latest posts

Back