revived and growing again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ta2dguy

Reaction score
i have a few plants growing right now that went through some pretty rough stuff. to start with my job takes me away from home for up to 13 days at a time so sometimes i come home to some real nice surprises and sometimes i come home to tragedy, this last time coming home was tragic. the girls were turning funny colours and twisting and drooping and canoeing etc. and it was horrible to see so i got online to see what was goin on and that is how i got to this site and how i think i found my answers. anyway here are some pics of the girls, i hope you enjoy them and follow along, they have been flowering now just shy of 2 weeks.

101_0172.JPG 101_0183.JPG

101_0176-3.JPG 101_0175.JPG

101_0177.JPG

I want that trailer park boys poster. Hopefully your luck turns around and next time you come home you are rewarded with some beautiful buds. Be safe.

It's going to be hard to flower them out if you are away for long periods of time like that...good luck though.

thanks for stopping in. good to have a couple viewers hopefully turned watchers. i am done work right now till about the middle of march i hope. this gives me some play time which i so greatly miss. i get a chance to watch them closely as well which is good and bad cuz it is sure nice to come home and see 10 or 12 days growth but i am not complaining. i am pulling up my favorite chair and watching close. i am going to be ordering some seeds online real soon and would like some suggestions for some dynamite beans. thank you very much.

a few pics to quickly update the progress. they are growing fine with no problems at all anymore. there are a couple that are early finishers and a couple that are late. by early i mean that they are done after 42 days of flowering begins. by the 45th day the trich's start to amber up. by late i mean that they take85 days to ripen after flowering starts. there are a couple of in-between ladies as well. starting to flower nicely. 2 and a bit weeks into flowering.

101_0408.JPG 101_0390.JPG

101_0456.JPG 101_0388.JPG

well after a few more days the girls are super happy. the problems i was having are long gone and the buds are starting to form nicely. they are a little over 2 weeks into flowering right now. there is a real late strain in there that looks totally different from the rest of the plants. they are being fed a 2 part dnf(dutch nutrient formula) 24/7 and have put some cal-mag in the reservoir. they are getting 14 hrs. dark and 10 light and to me are lookin good. happy growing to everyone.

101_0534.JPG 101_0524.JPG 101_0532.JPG

101_0530.JPG 101_0567.JPG 101_0538.JPG

101_0568.JPG 101_0522.JPG

Why are you running 10/14? Studies have shown that marijuana will produce up to 50% more bud if on a 12/12 schedule rather than a 10/14. I think this is in Clarke's Marijuana Botany.

nice to see you THG, i hope things are good with you. the reason i am using a 14 hr. dark cycle is to have them mature a little earlier than with a 12/12 cycle. you are correct that the plants can have a larger yield using the 12/12 i am just trying to speed it up a bit. i am willing to sacrifice a little to have it done sooner. i am wondering what you think would happen if i changed the cycle to 12/12 now. i dont think it would hurt anything, only make it better but i will wait to see what you say before i change it cuz i do respect your opinions. thanks for the input. happy growing to you.

hey there THG, i read the book marijuana botany by clarke(and many other books) but did not come across any info telling me that a 12 hr. photoperiod instead of 10 hours would produce up to 50% more bud. i did come across some new information and ideas to try and did as well come across more than 1 study that claims that the thc production can be increased by 20-50% by using 12 hourslight/dark instead of 10/14 light to dark. i thank you for indirectly directing me to this info. i have said it before, you are a fount of useful information THG and i look forward to what you have to say. i am changing the plants from 10 light 14 dark to a 12/12 and hope that no damage is done.(i.e reverting back to veg.) happy growing to everybody.

ta2dguy said:
nice to see you THG, i hope things are good with you. the reason i am using a 14 hr. dark cycle is to have them mature a little earlier than with a 12/12 cycle. you are correct that the plants can have a larger yield using the 12/12 i am just trying to speed it up a bit. i am willing to sacrifice a little to have it done sooner. i am wondering what you think would happen if i changed the cycle to 12/12 now. i dont think it would hurt anything, only make it better but i will wait to see what you say before i change it cuz i do respect your opinions. thanks for the input. happy growing to you.

Unfortunately, you cannot speed up flowering. There are many times that I, too, would sacrifice some yield for a faster finish, but it just doesn't work that way. You should not have any problems with switching back to a 12/12 light schedule.

You can try to use GHE - Ripen in order to cut of the last week of flowering. This should signal the plant that its lifecycle is coming to an end, and promote the ripening of the buds. Other than that you can harvest early, with a sacrifice in both yield and quality, but you will still have smokable buds as long as there are visible trichomes on the buds. I tried once to cut a plant after only 6 weeks of flowering, and while it might not be the best quality smoked it still got me really high.

i hope everyone had a good christmas. i was slack on the journal but it was a busy time of year. things are looking good in the closet, there are no problems to report except that i cant speed up time. i did remove a plant due to hermie issues but the rest are holding strong. there are a few strains in there and not all the best but i am happy so far. here are a few pics of the girls and they were turned to flowering 27 days ago. let me know what you think. happy growing to you.

101_0760-1.JPG 101_0767.JPG 101_0778.JPG 101_0774.JPG 101_0705.JPG 101_0703.JPG 101_0699.JPG 101_0690.JPG

Looks like you know what you are doing with your work schedule. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think it makes any difference if they are in flower or in veg, if they get neglected they are neglected. If you don't have good reliable help, then you're going to have problems like you were talking about but sometimes you just have to go with the flow and do the best you can. But obviously you know this and adapt your circumstances.

You have turned them around and sometimes that actually gives you stronger better plants than babying them. My hat is off to you for your excellent grow under bad circumstances.

Good smoking.

hey there raidernation and donjones, i am glad you could stop in for a peek at the ladies. now that i am done work until hopefully march i have the time to take care of the ladies properly. they all suffered some extreme damage a few weeks ago and i had to remove probably15% of all vegetative growth or else these would be just that much bigger but i am not complaining. i am very happy that i could fix the problem and still end up with some decent looking bud. they have been flowering now for 4weeks/28 days today so i am hoping that over the remaining time that the ladies will fatten up a bit more. i have included a couple pics of these two plants that did not stop the stretch after being put into flowering. no top colas formed... or any at all for that matter. all branches look identical to the tops, very scraggly but i noticed that they were starting to get gooey so i am keeping them in hopes that they contain a killer buzz cuz the space used for them wont be worth it otherwise. the last pic has a top from a regular plant and a top from ol scraggly in the same shot. happy growing.

101_0633-1.JPG 101_0634.JPG 101_0735.JPG

some beautiful plants it is mazing to me how much a plant can take and come back good as ever...very nice. did you order any seeds yet?

hi 2dog, thanks for stopping by. i hope you had a good christmas and are enjoying any holidays you get. i have not yet ordered any seeds but am sure still looking for peoples opinions on what to get. i have never ordered true genetics from anywhere before but am leaning towards greenhouse seed co., dutch passion and vancouver seeds to keep it a little canadian :). any suggestions from some people that have ordered seeds would be nice. i like a nice fat growing plant with fat juicy buds that are done in 50ish days. i am not against a lankier longer flowering plant either as long as it is goo worthy. thanks for your time and opinions. happy growing.

Too bad about the surprises,looks like they recovered nicely

Latest posts

Back