Organic AK47 and Alloway 420 SCROG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximummax

Reaction score
Never done a SROG before!
I'll quickly give the rundown and fill any details as I grow along. Never grown either strain before. Most are familiar with AK47 so I won't detail that one. The Alloway 420. Now that is a new one that I know almost nothing about. Picked it up as a clone from the dispensary. The owner has had it for many years and it is supposed to produce a good yield with with a nice strong high. I talked to 2 other people that grew it and they both loved it and said it flowered out in about 7 weeks. We shall see.
They are in 7 gal buckets using FFOF soil under a 400w hortilux blue bulb. The room has good ventilation and the temps are lows 65F and highs 75F. My humidity is low 35% and high 65%. Based on the "Nute Study" by JMANSWEED which is stickied in the Indoor grow forum, I've decided to use his "study #1" and go with Earth Juice's compete line. This decision is based on my desire to increase flavor and aroma in the weed I've been growing using the Fox Farm nutes. It's been good weed, but I am really trying for the "full package".

I haven't built my screen yet but my intent is to put it in place about 14-16 inches above the top of my buckets. Once the tops reach the screen I'll fill the screen to about 75 to 80% before switching to 12x12.

I am exited to share my first journal (let alone first SCROG and organic) with anyone wanting to look. Please feel free to share any thoughts and knowledge.

I hope you enjoy!:farm:

Max

IMG00019-20091230-1815.jpg

IMG00022-20091231-1902.jpg

IMG00023-20091231-1902.jpg

I'm a long time Fox Farm user, and I am considering trying the Earth Juice also based on Jmans study, as soon as I run out of all the stuff I have, lol. I also am growing an AK47 hybrid right now, just going into it's third week of flower...I'll be watching your grow with intent. Good Luck with the grow!

hey Legal. Thanks for stopping by. I hear you regarding using up your existing FF supply. I was runnin low and decided now was as good as any to make the change.
Have you grown your AK hybrid before? Good luck with it.

Max

GL to ya. AK is very stinky in late flower. But straight dankish. Good yield and not nute sensitive. I will be watching.

Greem Mojo for your grow. I had great results with a 2 plant scrog. Post pics as you go along.

Brief update with some pics.
These were taken 1 week after the first pics. I figure I'll update the pics each week so as to not get too boring:watchplant:.
They have now been in the 7 gal pots for 1 and half weeks and it looks like they are just getting ready to take off. Most of the new growth has taken place in the last 2 or 3 days. They are also getting darker green which tells me that they are picking up the nutes. I haven't yet taken a measurement yet but I would guess about 2-3" of new growth this week. The vertical growth is a little misleading because I have been doing a LST early on to give the plant more even growth and hopefully a more "airy" situation under the screened canopy later on when things are bushy under there:hubba:. Who knows, maybe I am complicating things adding LST to SCROG. I figure since my "stash" is in good shape, I have plenty of time to veg these girls.:aok:

Hope you like.
Max

IMG00025-20100108-0404.jpg

IMG00026-20100108-0404.jpg

IMG00027-20100108-0405.jpg

Thanks Godspeed. :D

I'll admit this is kind of a fun way to document this grow while getting to b.s. about it with other growers.

Latest posts

Back