loolas bagseed 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loolagigi

UP UP AND AWAY!
Reaction score
ah, been wanting to get some tga seeds, but havnt decided on what to get yet. might as well start up some babies in the meentime. i need to do a dry run before i use great genetics due to the fact i just moved, and need to work out all the kinks. I threw 6 bagseed seeds in a wet papaer towel, and in a zip bag in my kitchen cabinet. i use dwc buckets to grow, so i need to go pick up some rockwool at my new hydro shop. never been there, cant wait to see what there about.

Best Of Luck, Wishes & Karma On The Trial Run..

Ya, The TGA Is Some Great Gear In Every Strain, It Will Be Hard Just To Choose One ?? Wish You The Best On That In The Future.

lol, i have a silly question. i have obviously grown before, but what is the correct way to place cracked seed into medium? i am using rockwool 1.5" cubes. 2 out of 6 seeds have a small tap root emerging 1/8" from the shell. should i place the tap root down, or up so that it can do a 90 degree turn down? i have a feeling the tap root should face up as it just emerges from shell. lemme know. pics to come.....

just found this...would you agree?

here's a little experiment I made, following some discussions about how to position your precious seed to germinate in soil

First, let me say that if the seed is mature, viable and not weakened by excessive inbreeding, any darn position you please to place it in the soil will be a proper one. The seed, being a bearer of life is designed to survive many adverse circumstances, and has done so for thousands of years.

Us growers irrational quest to correct nature results in many strange germinating habits, heat mats, placing in between wet paper tissue, allowing unusually long root to grow before sowing, heated discussion on sowing depth etc.

and I'm no exception to this rule.

hehe, I'm for example compelled to place my seed pointy tip down in soil, but I'm constantly being told that it's the wrong way, that it should be placed the other way around.

Here's a drawing from the good old Connoiseur's Handbook of Marijuana by William Drake from 1971, it also tells me I'm wrong!

So, having some of my seeds to test for germination I decided to make an experiment, pictures of my seed germing in 24 hour intervals, Richard Attenborough styleee!!!!

1. Ok, I put a seed in glass of water to hydrate quickly, it sinks and after 24 hours it cracks open, showing a bit of tap root emerging, I bury it pointed end down, at a hefty depth of 2cm (a bit too much but nature will take care of it )

2. on the next day not much is happening, but you see that the root is not going anywhere up Yes, the force of Earth gravitation is at work and will always be.

3. Another day gone, everything as planned.

4. On a next day a notable occurence, since the tap root has travelled down well and established a good hold in soil, it now starts to push up, creating a little bend, that bend is very handy, it will push up through the soil, dragging behind it and thus protecting the delicate colytedons.

5. here we go, on a fifth day, tadaa, plant emerges. It's worth noting that because I buried the seed quite deep, the seed covers are left inside soil. If seed is buried shallow, it will still be having the covers on, when emerging.

6 days from seed to seedling, that's my usual score, without fancy soil mixes and much special care. Once again - tip down, tip up, sideways, doesn't matter, a seed is a seed.

rgds, kov

I Have Done It Both Ways Myself With Success, I Now Just Run Aeroponic Systems And Clones, With Oiut Any Kinda Medium, I Never Have Used Rock-Wool, But Have Heard & Read Many Bad Stories Of Fighting PH & Them Staying To Wet & Getting Root Rot.

HATCH said:
I Have Done It Both Ways Myself With Success, I Now Just Run Aeroponic Systems And Clones, With Oiut Any Kinda Medium, I Never Have Used Rock-Wool, But Have Heard & Read Many Bad Stories Of Fighting PH & Them Staying To Wet & Getting Root Rot.
never tried the areo. first hydro was dwc, and am stuck that way right now. i would like areo, but hace heard bad things about clogged sprayer/misters. i can understand the over watering rockwool. it holds a lot of water. i have used it before, and have a knack for it. pre soaking in 5.5 ph as "we" speak. not to be bragging, but dwc imho has no faults if you are half coherant. not to say i am not intrested in your areo process. i am very intrieged. my spelling sucks and i am very medicated, so bare with me, lol

Ya If You Find Something You Like, Stay With It For Sure.

If You Don't Do Regular Res Changes And Let Stuff Build Up In The Res, And Keeping The Filter's Clean You Can Have Trouble With Clogging The Mister's, I Have Been Running The Aeroponics For A Long Time (10+ years) With Great Success.

But Like I Said, If You Find Something You Like & Have Good Success With It, Stay With It.

okidokie, got my rokwool cubes yesterday and placed cracked seeds inside. i pre soaked cubes in 5.5 ph tap water for sevaral hours. should have a couple pics up tommorow of them emerging from cubes....pics to come.

Latest posts

Back