starting a new grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil dirty

Reaction score
hey everyone im wanting to use foxfarm ocean forest foxfarm light warrior and for flowering im thanking earth juice bloom. i will be growing 4 plants 2 indoors and 2 outdoors the ones outside im not going to mess with just goin to let em do there thing. for lights im useing 150w CFLs..........is the foxfarm mix im wanting to do a good way to go?

Hope yual do well fur yurself my friend. I be growin rough and wild so cant offer much but wish yual the best yu can get. Be lookin like there be lots of folks with smarts here be setin yual right.

BWD

Fox farm is a good soil. I have never used cfl's. Others will pop in and give you some help with that.

T5 High Output lights would be your best bet if you have a tight budget on lighting and cooling IMO. Have you thought about odor control? Whats you grow room dimensions? Pictures would be great!

Ive never used FF products. Very expensive for what it is they are selling, but ive seen successful grows with the product. As far as a mix, many people use light warrior to germ in, and a mix of 1:1 light warrior and ocean forest. Some add perlite, some don't. I tend to stay away from adding Perlite. To me it just means i have to water more frequently.

You will need a nitrogen source for veg too. I would use the whole earth juice organic line if you were getting the bloom. Im sure they have packages.

You might want to tell us a bit more about your grow. Are you using equivalent or actual 150W CFLs? How many do you have and how large is your space? I really really recommend getting a space up and dialed in before you even drop one seed. Do you have ventilation set up?

I've been useing it for over a decade, Foxfarms OF is good right out of the bag, but 10-15% added perlite lightens it up and allows for more oxygen to the roots. No addition 'nitrogen' needed for the first 4weeks or so. I like about tbspoon of garden lime per gallon as well. (buffer ph but more importantly for me, no magnesium deficiency)..;)

"Earth juice"... hope you don't mind the odor.. ;)
FF nutrients are right in the same price range and don't stink.. :confused2: The only real difference being some FF is not OMRI "certified". Their grow and big bloom formulas are mineral based products.

I only use FFOF since my freetime has gotten more sparse. LOVE IT! And for what it's worth, I only use the BigBloom and molasses during bloom and have awesome yields. I wouldn't want to compromise the r.s. population by dumping anything else into it (I will be adding GreatWhite to my regimen next freebie grow,tho). So smooth and tasty it smokes/cures...If my plants look n-def, then I simply re-xplant. For what you get outta it, it's well worth the $$$. Course I grow once a year so that I don't need to have a perpetual harvest, so buying soil once a year is no problem for me and well worth it for ease of use and yields.

:peace:,

7greeneyes:)

Latest posts

Back