THG Gets Her Hands Dirty

• Thread starter The Hemp Goddess
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

Well, here is the start of my dirt adventure. I was really limited on my choices of a starting soil. I ended up with some Kellogg's because it was available and it is one of the soils Mandala recommends. I got all the other dry ingredients mixed up and waiting for the soil and castings. This mix is going into the composter. Below that I have 2 totes filled with a milder mixture--2 of the mixes in Ozzy's post on organic soil mixtures--these are LC's. One I used coir and the other the Kellogg's soil along with castings, perlite, and the organic food source. This will also be used to start veggy and flower seeds indoors.

I started a few seeds that I had lying around to give this a try. I started some Aurora Indica, Government Mule (a Deep Chunk x G13 cross Cannacopia put out a while ago), a few of a cross that was gifted to me by a friend, and a few of the Attitude freebies--the NL x BB, the Veneno, and the Hobbit (an auto that I will pass on to a friend for his first grow). These will be transferred to Solo cups when big enough, ultimately being planted in 3 gal grow bags. None of these are fem seeds except the Attitude freebies, so I will have to cull out the males. :eek: I don't really have a veg spot set up for them yet.....

I will take any and all suggestions. It has been many many years since I have done anything in dirt, and never anything organically.

Organics 005-1.jpg

Organics 001-1.jpg

Organics 003-1.jpg

Welcome to the dirty side! This is gonna be fun. You will rock it!

WOOT, Congrats on coming to the dirty side of things!

Mass mojo for taking the leap, I plan on doing the opposite, Going from soil to DWC or an E&F.

Sweet....I hve always wanted to try Organic. Good luck and green mojo THG.

Well that is what being prepared before you pop the seed done right. Enjoy THG hope you keep us updated + pics.

Good luck THG, im going to be using my super soil in the next couple weeks, cant wait.

Your compost tumbler is awesome, i wish i had the spare parts and mechanical ability to make one.

Thanks all. I will just be starting the cook, so I am hoping that the mixture has done its thing by the time I am ready to put these into 12/12. I am hoping for a shorter veg as these are going into a closet without as much headroom as my other closet. They all are a more indica dominant plant so I believe that I will have enough room.

I think that this is going to be fun. I am also going to be using some of the soils for veggies and flowers.

Yual be on a trail of fun THG hopin yur new trail walked be takin yual were you wants to be goin! My spirit wishes yurs fun and interestin things along yur way.

BWD

well, well, well...you've come to the darkside...land of alchemy and witches brew. Its as much art as it is science. The little beasties will dig your vibe. :icon_smile:

Here is a 2 week update. The seedlings were moved to solo cups about a week ago. Snapped this picture of them today when I watered them. They look to be doing fine. They are planted in an organic potting soil with a bit of this and that in it and some perlite. When I transplant into the 3 gal grow bags, I will use some of the super soil that has been cooking a couple of weeks now.

3-23-12 003-1.jpg

Once their in the larger pots. You can go days and days without even peaking on them. All the while not ever having to worry about PH or PPM. Simply does not get easier than that.

Are you going from the "solo" straight to the 3 gal? Or are there some sizes in between?

nouvellechef said:
Once their in the larger pots. You can go days and days without even peaking on them. All the while not ever having to worry about PH or PPM. Simply does not get easier than that.

:yeahthat:

WannaBgrower said:
Are you going from the "solo" straight to the 3 gal? Or are there some sizes in between?

Yes, I will go from the solo cups to the 3 gal grow bags.

:ciao: THG Have any satori cuts ready for soil?

Latest posts

Back