B.H.O. Made Simple

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long does it need to be in the vacuum chamber? Picken up a shatter vac a gift to myself with my income tax!! Lol

When you are doing your warm water bath to purge the butane you whip in order to expel the remaining butane. You mentioned that if you don't whip you wind up with something more like shatter. What's the difference? Why do you prefer the wax over the shatter? I realize these are probably pretty basic questions but where I'm from I'm pretty isolated.

Thanks

All preference. I personally don't like whipping. I mess with it as minimally as possible. Try to shoot for as clear as possible and no trapped butane. Goes both ways far as wax or shatter. Messing with sticky as heck tar wax is a pita in my opinion, but cracking off a piece of shatter and having it shoot across the room sucks also :rofl:

View attachment image.jpg

there is butane trapped in every sample whipped or not... vac'd or not... none are totally clean...

I've read lots of debate on that and don't have enough knowledge to say either way. But from my experience I know it's harder to purge out the remnants of tane from thicker slabs then thinner, while keeping temps low. Would lead me to believe a thicker whipped up pile would work the same. Again just my thoughts. Could be in my head, but it just doesn't seem as appetizing buddery

I've read lots of debate on that and don't have enough knowledge to say either way. But from my experience I know it's harder to purge out the remnants of tane from thicker slabs then thinner, while keeping temps low. Would lead me to believe a thicker whipped up pile would work the same. Again just my thoughts. Could be in my head, but it just doesn't seem as appetizing buddery

Well I just looked and thesecretcup.com website no longer has the lab test posted from all the samples... last year they had all lab results posted from all 30-40 samples from the Cali secret cup and every butane extracted sample had residual tane trapped... if I remember correct the lowest was around 13ppm and the highest was in the 80's ppm... wish the results were still posted on their site for all to see but the are not there I just checked to try and send ya the link...

You guys can have the Butane. That stuff scares the crap outta me,,Ill stick with my Edibles and Bong. LOL

Interesting JAAM. I only do small personal runs once in a while and prefer flowers too WH. I'd love a co2 extractor I was checking out at the emerald cup, but for the small amount I do it's not worth the price tag for me. I don't really even use my oil rig much. Mostly the convenience of my vape pen, and candies I make is all I use the oil for.

Interesting JAAM. I only do small personal runs once in a while and prefer flowers too WH. I'd love a co2 extractor I was checking out at the emerald cup, but for the small amount I do it's not worth the price tag for me. I don't really even use my oil rig much. Mostly the convenience of my vape pen, and candies I make is all I use the oil for.

Which CO2 unit were you looking at? small countertop one from OCO labs??

Yup, thats the one. Looked pretty rad!

Well first question is how much did they tell ya it was? It was either $3200 or 3400 last year... We saw that unit last year at the CCup in Denver... Spoke with the dude for bout 45 mins and we ordered one of those units a couple weeks after the cup and lets just say things didn't pan out... they could not or would not answer any of my questions about yield/return or how much CO2 you blow thru per run... really?? they were at the Cup trying to hock their product but you don't have answers to the questions that really matter to our crowd..? after the song and dance and not getting answers we were seeking we cancelled the unit after it was a week late to ship from them... I would prob avoid giving them your money unless they are waaaaay more up front with solid answers to all your questions...

Hmm, bummer. It seemed pretty legit talking to the guy. I don't remember the specifics or what exactly was said about the amounts of gas needed. Pretty much my ears shut when he said it was $3,200

Like i said, i only make personal runs. Like 2g max per. And can do 2-3 in a few hours, and will last me a while for my use. No need to drop that kind of dime... Looking more and more at solventless extraction methods lately though

anybody using this stuff---MZ 12 Organic Solvant---aka---Dimethyl Ether---"human inhalation of diamethyl ether indicates a very low degree of toxicity"---"use of diamethyl ether as a processing aid raises no health and safety issues"---this stuff was recently approved in the European Union as a food extraction solvent (EC 2010)---the mfg. also claims higher extraction rates than all butane---we'll see soon---i be doing a side by side comparison soon

anybody using this stuff---MZ 12 Organic Solvant---aka---Dimethyl Ether---"human inhalation of diamethyl ether indicates a very low degree of toxicity"---"use of diamethyl ether as a processing aid raises no health and safety issues"---this stuff was recently approved in the European Union as a food extraction solvent (EC 2010)---the mfg. also claims higher extraction rates than all butane---we'll see soon---i be doing a side by side comparison soon
Post it up! I'd be interested to see the results.

Latest posts

Back