Cream Caramel Auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esheter

Reaction score
Any experience with this strain? Is it hardy and good for a beginner?

Autos are generally not for the beginner. Especially harder when growing outdoors.

I would not call ANY auto "hardy". The big problem with autos is that ANY stress will affect yield, sometimes in a huge way. Autos only live for a set amount of time, so new growers do not have time to correct mistakes and nurse plants back to health like you do with photoperiod plants. And because they do best with 20 hours of light a day, outdoors may not be the best place to grow autos. Also cloning autos is not an option--because of the set life period, clones don't "work" as they will not live long enough to mature. As one who has grown for decades, I personally hate to see something like autos happening within the cannabis breeding community--basically a watering down of the genetics for the sole purpose of making it faster to grow.

I do not know 1 serious grower who grows autos--the serious grower generally sees the worth of quality genetics and doesn't like to see quality genetics "watered down" with basically ditch weed....just my 2 cents.

I have one growing w/2 others an all r doing fine.

You can clone autos but not in the traditional sense. You need to use Tissue Culture.

I do not know exactly how tissue culture works. Does this somehow change the biological age? Also, I would not call it cloning at all. I would call it tissue culture....not at all like cloning. You CAN clone autos, they just do not lived long enough to finish as the cutting is the same biological age of the plant it was taken from.

hxxp://www.mjguide.com/tutorials/Clonning/407.htm
hXXps://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=208460

And how is taking a exact copy of a plant not a clone?
Thats what you are doing with tissue culture.

Only you don't pass on systemic parasites or diseases either.

Latest posts

Back