Reasons for curled Serrated edges of the leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evets1989

Reaction score
Here's a pic. I've read a lot about this issue and correcting it. But I wanted to post pics and opinions so others can see and know if they run into it. I've heard heat stress. Potassium deficiency So what's your opinions. ????

View attachment image.jpg

Last night they were fine. I watered with nutrients and closed it up. I think maybe my fan may have been rope low cus battery was low for it but not sure. 3 13w CFLS and a 13w Bright white LED. I have CFLs and LED 12hrs and just LED other 12hrs for a full 24hr light cycle. The only reason I do that is cus it seems to help growth and has worked well. But started out just because I can leave it plugged in all the time where I'm at

But it has been working great for me. But this weekend I have had CFLs and LED on 24hrs for a few days. So maybe it got a bit warmer than they were used to. Idk. What's your opinions?

Don't you have a thermometer in the grow space? What were the temps? I cannot imagine that 4 13W lights could have gotten too hot if you have any ventilation at all. That is an extremely small amount of light.

Improper pH can cause the leaves to do that.

It is heat or Magnesium deficiency imho......... most likely heat....... some strains are more sensitive to heat than others.......Mandala seeds claim to breed their plants to be heat resistant.

They have been doing really well with the CFLs I add more as they get bigger. No reason to have 100w worth of CFLs on a tiny space. I'm not growing monster plants here. I have a situation where I have to hide what I'm doing. The CFLs and the LeD have worked the best for small space and hiding them and still having good enough light for a proper grow. They have been extremely health and since I use the CFLs and LeD I don't have to worry about the temps as much because it's never been over 80deg. Again since my location I can't control the temps getting higher because it's in a RV that is unplugged during the day and I have battery operated LED and Ventilation. I was thinking it got too hot but it was at night when everything is cool. I also just realized that the water I used was the last in the container. So I'm thinking some nutrients settled and it got too much of one of them. I have never dumped it all out like that before. I usually add some water and rinse. But I realized this morning that I didn't this time. They seem to be doing good still. It hasn't gotten worse and seems to be going away very slowly.

LOL--100W of CFL is not much light at all and no way is it too much light if the plants are over the seedling stage.

I've used CFLs for a long time with LEDs. Many forget the a 23w CFL puts out the same light as a 100w bulb. That's what the statistics show for the bulbs any ways. I underestimate it to 23w CFL bulb equals 60w of light I've grown some amazing stuff with CFLs and LED combo. Some with very large yields. Some with smaller yields but very very potent. One of the last plants I did a few years ago was to strong for me and I ended up trading it to a friend with terminal cancer. She used to before bed to help her sleep One of the Afghanis I grew at the same time was tasty and decent but I got about 2ounces off a plant that wasn't any taller than 20". Everyone has there own method. I've kept using the CFLs and LED combo because I have had amazingly well results with them. I imagine some strains would not do well with it. But so far all the ones I have tried have done well. It's just been a few years and I'm getting back into the hang of it again.

And yeah I have thermometer in it. That why I mentioned I didn't think it was the heat because it was at night and temp was fine when I went out to check. I think it was the nutrient water I used earlier that day. I aerate it but I think some how some nutrients settled to the bottom. And I used the last in the gallon to water them So I'm thinking one of the nutrients settled. Or the PH was off on it Seems to be getting better now.

Latest posts

Back