Buds not growing properly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chen

Reaction score
Been 50 days since flowering and these buds haven't grown in size.

M7lKeTl.jpg

r6eP5Vs.jpg

tLNMEjP.jpg

What could be the cause of this?

So 7 weeks from flip? I have no idea. They look really nice. the leaf tacoing may suggust a mild problem like heat? Other that looking at the buds with a loupe, i don't know. Are you sure they aren't fattening up? they look good i tell ya. :vap-Bong_smoker:

I was just going to say that Rose looks like they're getting a little bit to warm how warm is that room there in Chen I have the same problem going on right now and it's because of heat the buds are just getting a little too warm and not liking it hope you don't mind me asking but do you grow in Hydro or soil could also be if you're in Hydro your water could be getting a little bit too warm and the roots aren't liking it looks like your nutrients could be a little tiny bit strong as well

Yeah, I definitely have a heat problem. I just realized it.

And I never thought about the water getting warm.. damn. First time seriously getting into hydro.

Is there any affordable method for keeping water temp low?

Yeah, I definitely have a heat problem. I just realized it.

And I never thought about the water getting warm.. damn. First time seriously getting into hydro.

Is there any affordable method for keeping water temp low?

There's quite a few different ways to do a DIY water chiller and until you can figure something out you can freeze some bottles of water and drop those into your reservoir they will definitely keep the water temperature down

What are you feeding them, where's your PH? Temps in the Rez above 75F is just trouble and asking for root rot, had the same problem, recently. Keep in mind that air pumps will raise rez temps alittle too.

I also have some concern over your pH. Are you checking your pH with a reliable meter? What are you running at? There is quite a bit of nute burn on tips and some leaves that are showing problems. What are you feeding them and how much?

pH is fine. Using R/O water and keep it at ~5.8 daily.

The general temp in the room is around 75F, so I'm assuming the water temp is lower since water dissipates heat a lot better than air.

Does anyone know the frozen bottle to reservoir ratio? My res is 120L.

EDIT: How about something like this? Only $55.

pH is fine. Using R/O water and keep it at ~5.8 daily.

The general temp in the room is around 75F, so I'm assuming the water temp is lower since water dissipates heat a lot better than air.

Does anyone know the frozen bottle to reservoir ratio? My res is 120L.

EDIT: How about something like this? Only $55.

I would run the biggest bottle you can fit in the reservoir without causing any problems or even a few smaller ones it's just the bigger bottle of ice will stay frozen longer

Lockout from to much nitrogen.

I was thinking about this thread last night,( i really need to get a life), and all i could think of was how green these plants are. I think Duck hit it... too much N. Temps of 75 wouldn't be too hot.

Too much nitrogen: causes the leaves to get really dark green(first sign); causes the leaf tips to burn(second sign); can cause chemical element binding in the solution which can cause a myriad of issues; Final result: weak flowering.

cut out all but the smallest amounts of nutes with higher nitrogen. Flush system (and medium) with fresh water to remove buildup then go back with only flowering nutes.

I use 2-4 bottles(2ltr) of ice each day during higher outside temps in 140ltr hydro system. In veg tank I use 16oz bottles of ice daily. There isn't a set amount to use for a given size because there are many smaller variables that affect how much cooling you get and how long it lasts.

I also built boxes out of insulation panels and put my rez tanks in these boxes and then filled air space with spray foam. This keep them temp regulated better.

Latest posts

Back