Question of Age

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bud88,

According to Fox Farm's soil feeding schedule you go with Big Bloom as early as the first week of veg and Grow Big is introduced into the feeding schedule at the second week followed by Tiger Bloom the third.

I believe those instructions are for the first week of FLOWER, not veg. I use FF and it's Grow Big for veg (with Cal-Mag) and then, in flower it's Big Bloom, Tiger and the other bloom boosters.

I was commenting based on other local growers(from the grow store) I have talked to and there usage of the FF line(not good that they are giving bum info). I now see where FF recommends BB at the start...Guess I should have gone right to the source before I commented...Sorry. Think I will leave it to the experts from now on...lol....

Be Safe....

Sorry I was short, I just meant I have used Fox farm soils for years. But I have never used their nutrients as they aren't organic last time i looked five years ago. There is a great thread on here about what kind of nutes to use...

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50463 This is an interesting read.

Don't hesitate to post 88. Please feel free.

Even iff you are wrong about something, bringing up the questions about it cause a conversation to take place that will give enlightenment to someone else who may need that very information, or had misinformation that needed to be corrected. As much as I have learned and seem to know, there are still things that I learn and discover.

You have learned much grasshopper and it is beginning to show :chuck: When you can snatch the seeds from my hand, then you may lead :icon_smile:

Never be afraid to ask or comment, that is why we are here :) :bump:

So anyway.............not sure where all this is going or gone, but it's interesting.

So back to nutrients. Being a total novice and trying to disseminate all the information, different brands all the hype and slick marketing can make your head swim. I hear growing cannabis is difficult........not that I don't think there is some truth to that, but I think people are being manipulated into that belief to sell more products. Is it really necessary for a company to have a product line of nutrients that have over 6 different parts to grow cannabis? I don't know but I feel like someone's trying to pick my pocket. Perhaps I'm just getting cynical in my old age.

You know in preparation for my first grow I had the luxury of figuring out what tent, lights, exhaust fan and whether or not to grow in soil or hydro, research what strain I wanted to grow and settle on what nutrients to use. The area where I live it's about a fifty mile drive south or west to purchase products for growing indoors, and then it's slim pickens for sure. One main reason for initially going with the Fox Farm Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom was that I could purchase them locally. But while waiting on my seedlings to come along I had a change in heart and decided that even if it meant sacrificing a little quantity I'd rather go organic, and at about that time I was getting disgusted with all the hype around nutrients. Hell this is my first grow, it's not like I expect to set any records, I do however want this to be a learning experience. Even if this grow goes to ****, it's not a failure, it's part of the learning curve.

I'm all in, I plan on staying in, for me the stakes are pretty high.

With the help of this site and the veteran grower's here there is a good chance that your grow will succeed. No guarantees but I was where you are back in June(except I grew outside so didnt have to decide on lights etc) and I had a successful harvest three weeks ago!!

This place has taught me a lot in this short time. A few things that I have learned...there is no stupid questions, sometimes you need to slow down, its only as complicated as you want it to be, and the plants will tell what they need.(I havent figured that one out yet).

I found it extremely helpful reading over other members grows. It gives you an idea of what you may or may not encounter. My first grow is at the bottom. There is a ton of helpful info in the Sticky threads at the beginning of each forum.

Your decision to grow organic in my opinion is a good choice. That is what I did (I will try synthetic down the road and compare). When growing organic you are feeding the soil not the plant. You can add dolomite lime to your soil that will help buffer your pH.

I used a lot of Espoma product because it was locally available(Home Depot) and very inexpensive. So if your on a budget you might want to look at them.

Growing MJ is a extremely rewarding hobby! It will grab you and become your Passion!! Green Mojo for your grow!!!
:48:

Latest posts

Back