4x4 tent led recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iams

Off the leash!
Reaction score
Hello.

I got pulled away again for a few years and you all go led on me.

When you all helped me with my first grow that earned a bud of the month the talk of leds was heresy. Can't be done they said. leds suck!!!

That being said, I've got some seedlings going and was getting the flower tent ready and saw the leds now recommended.

I run 2 4x4 tents and was set up for 1 seedling/ veg and 1flower tent so lights did not need to be moved. I am using 600wt lights in both but if upgrade helps please recommend. I also am planning on scrog. I use soil as medium.

With what I am reading now with the correct leds I could now have 2 tents and just flip the light spectrum and timers?

Please help me make the correct purchase.

Happy Easter.

WELCOME HOME IAMS! I was tickled to see you back this morning. yay. Bombbuddpuff, is making his own stellar led's for much less money. I use Lush lighting and love it but it is costly and i hope my investments last for years. I laughed at your LED, comments, things change, huh? Pot doesn't it is still quite wonderful. Glad to see you back.

Thank you Rosebud.

I am so looking to getting the heat out of that room. I love growing but I hate my electric bill during flower.

Also the potential of me now having lights that will in effect double my grow space as I still have room for a smaller seedling tent for the t5.

I am excited about this and would like to get the lights going by next week.

So to all, please recommend for 4x4 tents the brand and wattage you would recommend for this setup.

AS far as building lights, That's out of my skill set. I am a Amazon prime member.:dancing:

Good to talk with you again Rosebud.

Is there too much light in a space of this size?

There are some 1000wt lights at a fair price. The recommendation and q/a all look good with answers. I don't mind the price.

My buds in the past were always fluffy and I wondered if that was the cause of never in 4 grows getting hard, like when I buy it, buds.

I also found that my ph tester was bad and replaced it with new. so I can't trust the ph readings of my old grows. My well water tested 8.5 and old tester was showing 6.0.

Wow. I was thinking those would be too much.

Nice links, thank you.

Hey Hammy. Are those King LEDs blurple?

Thanks

I run the crazy expensive LEDs and also made a small array. I never got rock hard buds until I used CO2 and dropped the temps with lights off by at least 10 degrees. I have a 4x8 tent that I use for seedlings and clones to feed by flowering space. I had 2 1000w MH and replaced it with 1 LED array. It uses 330w instead of 2000w and none of the heat. Everyone grows for different reasons, with different goals. Price wasn't as much of a consideration as performance and absolute dankest plants possible.
https://fluence.science/technology/spydr/
http://ledgardener.com/about/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9gdoTO3_kw

Thanks for the replies. I went with a King 2000wt

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MY27Q9H/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

This is going to be fun. I already have the tent ready to go for it. Some jock horror is looking good under t5

I will switch to the indoor growing thread for more on it.

Umbra, Hamister, thank you for your time and thoughts.

Now if I can just get life to quit messing with my grows but as a mentor once said " Life, without permission, interrupts."

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies. I went with a King 2000wt

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MY27Q9H/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

This is going to be fun. I already have the tent ready to go for it. Some jock horror is looking good under t5

I will switch to the indoor growing thread for more on it.

Umbra, Hamister, thank you for your time and thoughts.

Now if I can just get life to quit messing with my grows but as a mentor once said " Life, without permission, interrupts."

That like looks awesome. Congrats. Once you go LED you won't be going back.

Last edited by a moderator:
...Once you go LED you won't be going back.

LOL--I just cannot get the LEDs to produce anything for me. I am finishing up an LED grow and the yield is going to be horrible. While the bud is good, there just isn't much of it. If I was going to do another indoor grow, I would be one of those that went back to my HPS...

@$1500 ea, I'm buying more and replacing my double ended HPS completely...that's how good mine are

LOL--I just cannot get the LEDs to produce anything for me. I am finishing up an LED grow and the yield is going to be horrible. While the bud is good, there just isn't much of it. If I was going to do another indoor grow, I would be one of those that went back to my HPS...

It's takes a few grows to figure out what will work for you, once you get the hang of things, you'll the hang of things in terms of the LED's feed the plants too, and you'll probably be feeding less. and running less ventilation, in return shaving a few bucks off that electric bill. I have a 3x3 running a 600hps and I can't stand looking at it, and I feel like the plants aren't as happy, I'm totally converted to LED's but only the ones with playing with,lol

Fluence is the way to go if your budget allows, just the foot print it covers alone will get you more yield because of the uniformity.

I just got a little over 3 ounces dry off a plant in a one gallon Smart Pot. I never get less than 2 ounces dry. Especially now that I am running 2 King LEDs. About the same as I got off a 1000 watts of HPS.
I am shutting down super early because I have to have a couple skylights replaced and one is over the Grow Room but once that is done and I replace my AC unit I am considering a Summer Grow. Small grow, but I could never even consider one with HID lighting.

I am with Umbra on the Fluence, I have the Spider XPlus which is around 650 watts. I run the Fluence in a tent by itself and harvested 1168 grams and 1053 grams dry on my first 2 runs. I also have (3) 600 watt HPS and the last 2 harvests have yielded 1560 grams and 1192 grams dry. I use the same nutrients on both and while these are different strains, I have to say the the Fluence LEDs are far superior to the HPSs. I will eventually replace the (3) 600 watt HPSs with (2) of the Fluence. The difference in the yields from the 2 grows on both set ups was 1 week of veg time. This is all just my opinion but I am now sold on the LEDs.

Thanks again. Light is in and its crazy bright and the lack of heat is amazing compared to mh.

This is making me super excited to see what this 1200W will do in a 32x32x6 tent with some autos lol.

Welcome back btw bud

So I have an led light that I want to replace all the bulbs. Does anyone know where I can get good bulbs from?

Latest posts

Back