i think they're gonna die!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonegroove

Reaction score
Hello growers,
These plants of mine are looking pathetic, I got them off a friend, i've vegged them for 2 weeks under 600w MH. I noticed they had mites which killed a lot of the leaves, so I cut off the affected leaves and sprayed the plants with pyrethrum and I’ve been flowering them for about 3 weeks under HPS, as you can see the buds are small and the leaves are yellow and curling does anybody think it would be worth it to carry on with them? Or should I start again with my own white widow seeds?
They’ve been watered 3 times a day with Miracle Gro 24-8-16 since i’ve had them and I added a little Overdrive 1-5-4 since I started flowering them I’m not sure if they’re burnt, they could be, but I have flushed them and been using just water for a week until I get some Canna aqua flores

DSC00145.JPG

DSC00139.JPG

DSC00141.JPG

i would get them healthy again before flowering. i would also cut back on the nutes for a while since you flushed them, let them get some nice new growth before feeding again. jmo

i'll just water them twice a day then shall i? just water no nutes, and put them back on 18hours MH? would i be better off scrapping them and starting some seeds

Dude, you should only be watering two times a weeks or so. And you should definately never feed them as often as you did. You should only fertilize them once a week or so.

Don't scrap these plants yet man. Listen to slowmo and get those girls healthy again. start off with a flush of your soil and the next step will be waiting for a few days before you even think about watering it again.

These girls will pull out of this funk if you start treating them right, and you'll learn alot about growing in the process of fixing them. Do this and when you do finally plants those nice seeds you have, you'll know just what to do and have a bumper crop.

Things to think about when fixing your girls up. First do the flush. Second, you might want a soil moisture meter, that should help you with when to water. You should have your waterings spread out with a few days between... Next get a PH test kit and start PHing the water you give to your plants. The PH you use should be around 6.5. You might also want to get some different nutrients more suited for weed growing, like the Fox Farms nutes.

water them twice a week......if the soil doesnt dry out between watering it can root rutes and make it hard for the plant to breath

You should only water daily if using hempy buckets. When using soil or a soil mix the most you would water is # times a week and you would only add nutes once a week. You have burnesd those guys up. Flush them heavily (5 gallons) each with water preferably distilled. They may survive but there growth will be stunted. I would start the ww seeds just to be safe.

I'd go and dig a couple of holes out in the bush and whack em in there and let Darwins theory of evolution take care of the rest.

Another school of thought; keep them alive and flower them; if they don't herm (and I'd be incredulously surprised if the didn't) keep them alive for breeding stock.

Put the WW seeds in some soil and start afresh.

miracle grow is for tomatoes; get some decent nutes mate.

Fox Farm or Canna Terra would be the go.

You have some reading to do by the looks.

thanks everybody, i've flushed them good and i'll wait for the soil to dry out before i next water them, i'm gonna sprout a few ww seed too as long as i'm veggin the sick plants, an i'll hopefully grow some good plants, when they're ready and if the sick plants haven't died, i'll flower all of them at the same time
Ive got Canna aqua vega and aqua flores, a pH meter, up and down juice, some rockwool and a 7 day timer for flood and drain watering, wish me luck

i think one of the plants is gonna be ok but i think the other 2 are dead, i'll keep the live one on veg because i've planted some seeds hopefully the last one wont die

DSC00156.JPG

DSC00157.JPG

DSC00155.JPG

Owch.

Usefull info has been posted. If you listen to them you might be able to save em.

Just a little side note, fyi just incase anyone cares or doesnt know. The genetics between weed and tomatoes are very similar vs most other plants. Feeding them miracle grow, although not specifically made for them, will work. Infact that is what we use in our veg. I wouldnt recommend for flowering though.

Also, watering too often could have caused some root rot(im probably pointing out the obvious) or allowed other parasites and other creepy crawlies to thrive in your soil. I dont use soil, so i dont know if there is a solution to this or if this is even the problem, but its nice to know.

yeah i did veg them for a couple of weeks on miricle grow only, watered 3 times a day, and they were thriving, but then when they'd been flowering a few days i saw mites and i was cutting leaves off cos there was loads of mites on them, plus i added some Overdrive to the reservoir which probably burned them, so there was a few factors contributing to their death, btw i've got 1 left and its alive but not lookin too clever.

Your problem actually just helped me think of something. Some plants may not like switching over from something like miracle grow in veg and then to some other brand in flower. We have been having problems with transplant shock, which was usually beucase of AC failure. I am thinking now that maybe it is beucase we use such different brands. Something worth investigating. Ill probably buy some small bottles of Sensi Grow and see if a plant veging with the same brand as flower works better(we use Sensi Bloom for our flower).

Just an observation,. but a good rule for watering any sort of plant in a container is to water only when the surface of the soil is dry to the touch. More often than this, and you are likely over watering.

VM

you are drowning them plants.i water every other day,2 cups of water per plant and feed every 7-9 days.

Latest posts

Back