small gnat looking bugs??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhimarie

Reaction score
There is some small gnat looking bugs flying around in my grow area. Have 5 plants all healthy just started them to flowering about two days ago. they are doing well and they are healthy. This is my first grow they are clones that we got at the depo.(purple kush) Wondering if these are going to be a problem - and what they are- how to get rid of them etc. any help would be great- thanx
:confused:

I am waiting on a response also I have the same things on my plants. But i am only about 1.5 weeks in veg state.

they started as just one or two and are multiyplying fast they dont seem to be doing any damage? But worried anyways.

are you keeping you soil too wet?over watering will attract the little buggers.gnats

dont think so only every other day- sometimes two . the soil is not wet for very long on the top after watering it goes down into the soil pretty fast. gnats wont hurt them will they?

if they are white flies ,,,they hate peppermint so dilute a drop or too of peppermint oil with a drop of liqued soap with water and spray down your plants ,,,goodluck :peace: and be sure to let us know the diagnosis ,,

which one do they look like

fg.jpg

wf.jpg

Yo Ho rhimarie,
This really sounds like you just have fungus gnats. The eggs are layed in soil that is rich in manure and moist, and make an ideal envronement for the larvae of this gnat. It's the larvae that is the hungry devil that won't kill your plant unless it is a baby plant, but it will just suck away the health of your plant by eating the small fine hair roots that do all the absorbing of moisture and nutes. A very thin dusted topping on the soil of some Diatomacious Earth
will fix the problem almost before your eyes. The stuff is all natural and will not mess up your smoke although I wouldn't want to get it all over my plants. It will do the job for you, and I get mine from an Ace hardware store.

Hope this helps you

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

i call em' pee bugs....cause they piss me off, but i have'nt noticed any damage caused by them..

yimmy capone said:
which one do they look like

I think more like the first. Not the second they are just brownish small gnats. Thanks everyone for the reply's !

yea mine are like the first also. I know they are not white flies, I know what they look like. But like everyone else is saying, dont really seem like they are bothering anything. I will try the dust also, thanx.

Ahhhh,
You see the damage that IS being done is out of your sight. It is occuring down in the soil, but still close to the surface. That is where the larvae of these fungus gnats dwells. Since you are seeing the flying gnats, you can automatically figure that you have the larvae chowing down even now.

You might consider putting a 1/4 inch thick piece of sliced potatoe on top of the soil, just simply lay it on the top of the soil and give it about 12 hrs, then quickly lift it up and see if you have any 1/4 inch long critters desperatly trying to crawl away to hide.

The fine dusting must cover all the soil, and then it will just slice and dice the critters. Water from underneath also for awhile to allow the dust to stay in place for a lttle bit.The water and this Diatomaceous Earth make things sorta clump up, better to sprinkle and then just leave it alone.

Good Growing

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

i find it's always wise to use those little yellow sticky tapes too.. if you have any pests around they are attracted to them, and will usually show up there.

Latest posts

Back