sealed recirculating co2 grow box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Food grade CO2?

What is considered "food grade" is actually 99.9% while industial grade is 99%.

The plants can't tell, it is only for home brewing.

Your thinking way too much man.

NorCalHal said:
Food grade CO2?

What is considered "food grade" is actually 99.9% while industial grade is 99%.

The plants can't tell, it is only for home brewing.

Your thinking way too much man.

the only industrial grade that is near food grade is from welding supply stores, impurities in gas means sloppy welds, alot of times at your local beer distributor it will have a decent quantity of nitrogen in it. the other option is food grade, mostly because it has glass lined cylinder walls but it is very close to 100% co2.

911reagan said:
first of all , only food grade co2 is 100% co2

second that calculator only takes into effect how many cfh it takes to reach your optimal co2 concentration in an HOUR.

and thirdly if you know someone who gets 437 days out of a 20 lb co2 tank give me his number cause i want some ******* pixie magic for my grow too

So you dont.
It does not only figure how many cfh it takes to reach optimum co2 in a hour.
It figures how long to release Co2 at ANY cfh to reach 1500 ppm.
It also calculates how long a 20lb Co2 tank or 5 gallons of propane will last.
Thats why no matter what cfh you enter the total tank time stays the same.
Only the room size will change that.

Your only 45 cubic feet use some common sense.
Your releasing for 3 min @1 cubic foot an hour every 3 hours, thats 24 min per day.
Now I know these calculators figure your room is completely sealed and cant figure plants consumption but thats why its replaced every 3 hours.

Growdude said:
So you dont.
It does not only figure how many cfh it takes to reach optimum co2 in a hour.
It figures how long to release Co2 at ANY cfh to reach 1500 ppm.
It also calculates how long a 20lb Co2 tank or 5 gallons of propane will last.
Thats why no matter what cfh you enter the total tank time stays the same.
Only the room size will change that.

Your only 45 cubic feet use some common sense.
Your releasing for 3 min @1 cubic foot an hour every 3 hours, thats 24 min per day.
Now I know these calculators figure your room is completely sealed and cant figure plants consumption but thats why its replaced every 3 hours.

which is why a calculator is pointless in the first place. you dont want it to reach 1500(in my case 1100) right away you want it to take 1/6th of an hour or 10 minutes to reach that level. if you have a monitor, solenoid valve and a controller there really is no need to use a calculator. that calculator simply will not be able to calculate rate of photsynthesis for every individual grow room . most 20 lb co2 tanks run out within the month that is right along the curve of the parabola and this talk about a tank lasting a year and a half is malarkay at best

pointless in the first place.

Like your co2 grow box.

you dont want it to reach 1500(in my case 1100)

What make you so special? and Why?

if you have a monitor, solenoid valve and a controller there really is no need to use a calculator.

That is the smartest thing you have said in your 56 posts so far. But there again you don't have to be to smart to figure that one out:rofl:

simply will not be able to calculate rate of photsynthesis for every individual grow room

:doh:...Nothing can ...:doh:

IMO I would rather do it right instead of using some piece of junk like your co2 growbox.

You are also wrong about the function of co2 while welding also but that is a whole different story.:laugh:

trillions of atoms said:
You lost me at a "sealed" / "vented" grow box...

Which is it? Lmao

the part holding co2 will be sealed from all leaks, and since co2 is a very dense gas it tends to pool on the bottom, only the very top of the box is vented with a small 50 cfm fan to keep temps under 90 and above 85. and i honestly cannot understand people citing a co2 "calculator" for the longevity of a co2 tank. the problem with that calculator is it only takes into account the length of time it takes to enrich the room to your desired ppm, and i guarantee you you are not going to stay at that ppm for 3 hours. grow douche states in a 45 cu ft room to reach 1100 ppm at 24 hrs a day with the cfh set at 1 per hour it will fill up the room in 3 minutes and last for 3 hours. not only that he claims a 20 lb co2 tank will last a year and a half! like i told him, do your math . it really isnt hard on the same level as any 5th grader and to rely on a calculator that isnt remotely accurate is asking for trouble. take into account non sealed grow rooms with exhaust timers or monitors and you wouldnt even want your cfh at 1 you would want it to enrich the room in the quickest amount of time possible, the highest cfh setting. for a timer you woudl want the highest cfh sensor with the lowest integer of time to fill it.

You can't have a sealed / vented box... I know what you were trying to say.

Anyone giving you days of a tank lasting is not citing math... Expierence.

You don't want c02 on the floor, u want it at canopy level falling from above.

Jeez

Lets all just sit back and watch what happens. He got recommendations. It's up to him/her to produce results. Best of luck.

911reagan said:
the part holding co2 will be sealed from all leaks, and since co2 is a very dense gas it tends to pool on the bottom, only the very top of the box is vented with a small 50 cfm fan to keep temps under 90 and above 85..

That's where your trippin' man. CO2 ain't that heavy, it's not like it is going to "pool" on the floor man. That 50 cfm fan will exhaust all your gas, so your room is not sealed..at all.

lol good read... so how did the experiment of the duct taped room with ethylene exhaust sugar yeast co2 generator and recirculator, and miracle-grow fertilizer go? did they grow like magic beans? or was that guy banned already?

Where's my fwapping emoticon? With as much time as I burned reading this...I could of put it to better use :rolleyes: :rofl: :stoned: :bolt:

Latest posts

Back