Recommedations for 1:1 strains and high CBD strains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, kudos to Southern Oregon Seed. Got the seeds today. Still sealed in breeder packs. Got 3 free Lemon OG bred by SOS.

Didn't really come stealth. Gotta luv getting seeds stateside. They did include some cool magnets and stickers (although advertising in a non-legal state probably isn't on my list of things to do LOL) and a totally cool beer scoozie. I wear these things out so I'll definitely use that. LOL

2 of the 5 Dieseltonics will go in dirt today. In about 18 weeks, I hope to be telling you about how great it works and that it tastes just like cherry cough syrup. LMAO

Thanks again for all the pointers and recommendations.

View attachment sos-1.jpg

Hackerman, I just don't get it. You get such good service from Southern Oregon seeds and I cannot get them to answer an e-mail. I have sent them at least 4-5 e-mails and have never once gotten a response. It makes me afraid to even order from them.

I was looking at seeds last night at Hemp Depot and ran across Pennywise from TGA. This is a cross of Harlequin and Jack the Ripper. In the description they say that over 70% of the samples tested between 12-15% CBD with equal amounts of THC. Most of the CBDs I see run in the 5-7% CBD range. And I am one of those that like THC thrown in with my CBDs. I am confused though because they call this a 20/80 indica dominant strain. But I don't see how that could be as Harlequin is 75% sativa and Jack the Ripper is 70% sativa? These are also reg seed, not fems, so could end up with some pollen.

I also saw something else that interested me from a breeder I am not familiar with--med man. He has developed something he calls PTSD (purple thai x sour diesel) to combat PTSD. I am going to pick up a package of these, too. My best buddy struggles with PTSD.

Then lastly, not a med strain, but one of my favorites. Joey Weed has his C99 available again at the old prices. His C99 seeds are on sale for 2010 prices--$57.

I am quite fond of diesel. I'll be watching your Dieseltonic grow!

Hackerman, I just don't get it. You get such good service from Southern Oregon seeds and I cannot get them to answer an e-mail. I have sent them at least 4-5 e-mails and have never once gotten a response. It makes me afraid to even order from them.

I'm glad I didn't know that before I ordered. I probably wouldn't have ordered from them. LMAO

There are a lot of US seedbanks around. The deadbeats will die out quickly.

I still have not seen any US seedbanks that rival the likes of Herbie's and Attitude. They have EVERYTHING. LOL

Well, my friend and I popped over to the dispensary today and I was very pleased to find that they had Pennywise. So, we picked up a little. We are both happy with the taste and the high. Not an indica stone, but has that relaxing feeling that Harlequin gives you. I love going to the dispensary. You can try a little of a lot of things. We got some sativas and some high CBD strains--1/2 oz of Cinex, Blue Dream, and an 1/8th of Pennywise, a couple of AC/DC pre-rolls, a gram of Blue Dream BHO, and a gram of LA Confidential BHO.

Umbra, I am looking for something like that for my youngest sister--something with lots of CBD and virtually no THC as THC makes her paranoid. She has quite bad arthritis and a tendency to abuse opioids, not a good combination. I have some seeds for a strain that is supposed to be 20:1, called Candida. It is an ACDC x Harlequin cross. I am liking the availability of more and more high CBD strains.

No sign of anything on the Dieseltonics, yet. If I don't see anything by Monday (10 days) I'll assume they didn't make it and try 2 more seeds.

And you're on your way! I love seeing the plants sprout up out of the soil.

Very nice Hackman, and so neat and tidy!!!

Here is something interesting. I have not read the study yet but, the interesting thing I see here is that the fan leaves have a 2.3 : 1 CBD to THC ratio. Interesting. I wonder if all/most plants are like that.

The commercial growers would love that. Finally, something to do with your leaves other than mulch. LOL

I am going to check into this a little further.

The majority of the medicinal and psychoactive potential of the cannabis plant lives in the cola, covering calyxes with crystally resin. Yet, fan leaves do contain some of the vital cannabinoids and acids that give the plant therapeutic value. However, fan leaves only contain trace amounts of these compounds.

In 1971, the United Nations report comparing cannabinoid levels in male and female plants found that the large leaves of some specimens contained as much as 0.3% THC and 0.7% CBD. These results were from a limited number of samples from 8 different geographical regions.

However, a couple of the samples tested negative for detectable amounts of THC. Samples taken from the upper leaves of cannabis plants tested higher for CBD/THC.

Here's the article... http://herb.co/2017/01/07/cannabis-fan-leaves/

Well, I can't say I'm not disappointed. I dug up both Dieseltonics today. I scuffed and replanted one of them and I have the other soaking in a wet towel. However, it's been my experience that if a seed doesn't germ the first time, second attempts seldom work.

I did plant a new seed today. Hopefully, that one will sprout. I would sure like to get at least one plant out of 5 seeds. 2 would be nice. LOL

These seeds didn't look terribly healthy and they looked a little fresh. However, they did come sealed in the breeder pack.

I guess we'll see.

Well, nothing on this 3rd Dieseltonic seed. At this point, I'm quite sure none of the 5 will ever sprout. They looked bad from the onset. Very disappointed.

It seems that Resin Seeds are the people credited with pioneering CBD strains. They got together with someone else (I forget who) and formed a group called CBD Crew.

CBD Crew has a number of inviting CBD strains including a CBD Girl Scout Cookies (which I have never had).

I am getting ready to place an order today from Herbies or Attitude but I sure would like to find them stateside. I'll probably order a staple like Cannatonic and a blend like the CBD GSC.

If anyone knows a US bank that carries CBD Crew or Resin Seeds, I would love to know. Thanks.

I really liked the Pennywise, too, Rosebud. While this is still 1:1, it has more of both CBD and THC than I am used to finding. The info on the strain says that 70% of the samples tested had CBD in the 12-15% range, with equal mounts of THC. Still trying to figure out why they consider it an indica dominant when both Harlequin and Vortex are sativa dominant strains? I didn't find it to be an indica type high.

Well, I must say, I am disappointed. I have tried just about every trick and nothing is working.

I am going to try to pop the last 2 seeds (although, I don't expect much). I may try the old fashioned wet paper towel method.

What's the perfect temperature to germ a seed? I am using 80F. I did try a little warmer on the other 3 seeds but I think 80F is probably close to optimum.

Any other tricks are welcome.

The good news is, the freebie Lemon OG is looking great.

Hackerman, I am thinking the fault is not yours--this is not your first rodeo. If the seeds at not sprouting, I am thinking it is the seeds, not you. Congrats on the Lemon Og though.

Yeah, but if your kid grows up and robs banks, you still feel responsible. LMAO

I tried to germ the 4th one and... nothing. I will drop all 5 of them in a cup and leave them over Winter. Maybe they will sprout next Spring. LOL

I did order another CBD strain today. Something called Continuum, from Med Tree breeders...

https://www.oregoneliteseedbank.com/product/continuum-9-10f/

It's a cross between Suzy Q (50:1) and Tocitonic (20:1). Neither of which I have heard of.

Seedfinder doesn't list the Tocitonic at all and the Suzy Q is simply listed as a "Northern California Landrace" LMAO Is there such a thing? LOL

Leafly says, Suzy Q is a high CBD, low-THC strain with a piney taste that helps treat symptoms with little to no “high.” A great strain to add to the burgeoning world of CBD strains, this strain has be tested at upwards of 59:1 (CBD:THC). This hybrid is great for daytime use or by those who want to relieve chronic pain, nausea, arthritis, muscle spasms, and anxiety without psychoactive effects. about the Suzy Q and, again, nothing about the tocitonic.

The reviews on Leafly were mostly good for the Suzy Q. I guess we shall soon see.

This thread started out looking for 1:1 strains and now seems to have gone off on high CBD with little to no THC. Are you looking for that now instead of a 1:1 strain? When we start getting into high CBD and low/no THC, I am wondering if we would be better off with hemp. I read a great thread at IC mag about hemp growing in Oregon. Apparently, breeders are breeding strains high in CBD and even working on fem seeds.

Hackerman, I have heard of Suzy Q before, but not the Tocitonic. There are new strains every day though--it is impossible to keep up. My seeds from Hemp Depot are on the way--got an e-mail from them on Friday. I am anxious to try the Pennywise and the PTSD (and see if it really helps PTSD). It was also nice to find Joey Weed is selling C99 seeds again. I couldn't pass up a package of those.

Green Mojo your way!

After reading about how it is a hit and miss on 1:1 strains, I thought I would open the box a little more and try a high CBD. To be honest, I'm not expecting it to be much different than any other strain.

If it does boil down to a high CBD, low THC strain, I'll just mix a little Afghan Kush in each joint and get the best of both worlds. I don't get high anyway (tolerance) so how different could it be. LOL

I am looking into the different methods of chromatography. The HPLC that they do is a little expensive for the equipment but there is paper chromatography and thin layer chromatography is very affordable. It might not be as accurate on the terps and lesser cannabanoids but it should be pretty close on just THC and CBD. For me, the only way to really know the THC and CBD levels is via testing.

Latest posts

Back