Any ideas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
I just transplanted one of my plants and on the bottom of the pot was coco chips to help hold in the coco coir above. One of the chips fell off and I saw this on it through a 30x loupe. I had issues with root rot back in the first part of summer but not in the next set that I just harvested. This makes me think I may have pathogens in my coco chips rather than in my coco coir. I looked it up on Google Images but couldn't find anything like it. What do you guys think?

View attachment IMG_20171030_124047597_HDR.jpg

I had something that looked a little similar on my cabbage plants. Rose said it was something called “sooty mold” curtesy of a type of aphid. I did not see any bugs on the plants but I used a small paint brush to get it off the plants and I’m keeping an eye peeled for future attacks. Yours definitely looks like a fungus growing... good luck!

What color is it? Is it slimy looking or airy/dry?

It looks very blue. I only saw a handful of dark blue molds on Google Images

Under the T5HO lights, it looked blue/grey and they appeared to be dry/fuzzy. I didn't notice it on anything else, but this chunk was on the bottom of the pot and fell away when I transplanted. I wonder should I give them a few doses of H2O2 to try to kill it?

Once a pathogen is in and shows itself you have no option but to destroy the vessel it is surviving in/on, a full wipe is needed.

:peace:

Latest posts

Back