Problem help 4w+ in flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are showing the normal "wear and tear" of growing plants in controlled environments. nothing to worry about. They look like they recovered quite well and are doing fine. I built a drying cabinet to dry my stuff so that I can precisely (relatively :eek:) control the air space around them. Drying is one of the more challenging parts of this because if you dry too slow you can develop bud rot and/or mold/mildew. But if you dry them too fast you trap chemicals within the buds that need to break down more to allow the flavors to develop and harshness to dissipate.
I have a blower on my drying cabinet with a timer on it. This allow the blower to only run long enough to remove the moist air and replace it with dryer air before cutting back off again. Then it stays off for a period of time to allow the moisture on the inside of the buds to wick to the outside so that it can evaporate away. If you leave the blower on too long or use circulating fans, you will over dry the outside without drawing out the moisture from the inside. I begin with fresh bud and blower running constant for first 24 hours, then switch it to 15min on and 30min off for 1-2 days(depending on the amount of bud in cabinet), then 15min on and 1 hour off for 1-2 days. I usually have them dry enough to jar up in about 4-7 days depending on the amount I am drying. I like to get the buds where they feel crispy on the outside but still a little soft on the inside. Then when they get in the jars, the crispiness will soften as the last moisture from within wicks out. I like to get my buds to a soft leathery feel. then they last longer before they get real dry and crispy. After drying, I let them stay in jars and "air" them daily for the first week and every other day for the second week and then every 3-4th day during the 3rd week of curing in jars. The 2 quart ball/mason jars with the wide mouth work ideal for this as well as long storage. You will find you best flavor after curing for no less than 4 weeks.
If you have any questions about the drying cabinet, PM me and I can help you if you like. :)

Hushpuppy 10x man a lot of good info il will keep you updated 8 weeks in today (a little bit milky turning thrycomes) started flush for one of them .

10 day flush its ok with canna flush product ???? Thanks guys

So dried that it was ok to smoke [emoji28] but still a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good. You will get the occasional dead bud if one gets trapped and the water/nutes get cut off to it. Sometimes you can over cook a top bud that has reached up to the lights and it will die. As long as it doesn't rot you can smoke it. although it may be harsh sometimes. Sorry I didn't answer on the flush. I used to flush to get that "clean flavor" But then I found that I liked better what I get when I don't flush. I cut off my nutes to them during the last few days just to not waste nutes. I found that and the dry/cure produces the better flavor.

Latest posts

Back