tv stand veg box- ventilation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaserKittensGoPewPew

2 string maestro
Reaction score
I was sitting in my room staring at my tv stand and it hit me...Just turn it into a small vegging box. So that's what I'm doing. I've taken out the one shelf and removed the small bottom doors it had on it so its front side is completely open. I'm buying mylar to line every surface with. I'll be mounting 4 65w Flourex floodlight fixtures to the top. The demensions of the tv stand are: 2' 6" H x 2' w x 1' 4" D . So it's a pretty tiny box, but I think I could veg a few plants somewhat comfortably inside.

Once I build a door for it there wont be any air moving inside though. I'm looking at installing a couple computer fans. I was looking at the 120 x 120 x 25mm fans. Just to make sure I understand this correctly, when it says CFM for airflow...Does that mean cubic feet per minute? If so that would be awesome. Two of these would be able to ventilate and draw in air no problem.

edit: I just thought of something...with such a small box where am I going to put a fan in there to give a breeze for the plants? Would a strong CPU fan make a strong enough breeze so that the plants have strong stalks?

yup that is what cfm means mang..... computer fans are awesome.. i would suggest getting a switchable multi volatge type converter to hook em to, as you can control speed this way... temps too. ;)

I love computer fans, and stoner engineering lol.

haha SICK! I was thinking of getting the aerocool turbine 3000. Moves air at 37cfm and from the reviews it says it's very quiet. Plus it's nice and fancy:D. Then again there's a delta 120x120 that moves air at 130CFM. I was thinking of getting both. The weaker fan would draw air into the box and that powerful fan would be the exhaust? I'll look into the voltage converter you talked about. I just have to figure out how to wire all this stuff up.

you said man...stoner engineering for the win.

Latest posts

Back