A ton of total newbie grow questions inside...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smotpoker

Reaction score
Hello all, just registered tonight. I have some seeds on the way and I know how to get the seeds to pop, but beyond that and sticking it in some soil this is all uncharted territory for me. I have a few questions...

OK so I got some random seeds. I am going to most likely pot them and do a grow cabinet in my garage early and maybe transplant them into the ground somewhere later on.

Is there any specific "right time" to plant the seeds?

Is there any "best" kind of soil to pot the plants in? (I wanna go with dirt, not ready for a hydro setup as of yet)

When I identify which are the males and which are the females should I seperate the plants?

When is the right time to put the males and females together?

How do I get more plants from the ones I am about to grow?

Is there any specific timeframe to harvest the plants if they are growing in a cabinet?

Is there any specific time to harvest the plants when they are in the ground outdoors?

I think this is about all of my questions for the time being. Again, I appollogize for the total newbie questions and thank you all very much for your time in answering any/all of these questions!

Have a great night all ;)

Hey smotpoker,

welcome to the forum. there is a lot of good info on this sight. You can do I search and probably find the answers to all your above questions

Really a lot of questions.. you can plant your seeds any time once germinated. FF soil and nutes are the best for MJ plants. kill all males as soon-if you keep em they pollenate your fems and you'll have ganja full of seeds. to get more plants from the plants your growing:clone them. most plants will be ready ready for harvest after 8weeks of flowering-sativas up to 10 even 12weeks. hope this helps a bit but you really need to start reading everything here from stickys to threads. good luck with growing and heres a link 2 start: Growing Resources - Go here first before asking your questions. - Growing Marijuana Forum

Thank you for the Growing resources link. Answered a ton of my questions! I am very excited about beginning this process.

Welcome to MP hope all of MP knowledge is helpful (=

Good Luck on your grow

Read, read, read, then read some more...it seems I've read a gazillion articles on how to grow. If possible find someone you trust, who has some growing experience and get them to mentor you. I wouldn't use bought seeds to grow your first couple of times. IMHO You are better off learning with bag seeds. Just find a few seeds of some weed that you like, usually those seeds can be grown into something that will be better than the sack it came from, cuz you'll usually find those seeds in commercially grown sacks. Most folks who grow commercially don't finesse their grows much, especially the final phase...the cure. Good luck and have patience...

Peace...j.b.

Hey welcome to the site,
Man the questions that you are asking right now are just the tip of one's your going to come up with later down the road. IT'S ALL GOOD.

1. Before you start popping beans, consider your grow box.
2. Have it done and good to go first.
3. Test it out, and get it fine tuned

1. Consider right off the batt, how much room is reasonable ?
2. Lighting (you have to think on this one).
3. Fan action (to move air around on the inside)
4. You might need a heater for when the lights are off
5. A fan to move hot air away
6. Electrical switch timers

1. You will want minimum 3 gal containers for each plant.
2. Factor in how tall the container is, then the plant, and then how tall will that plant get, and don't forget the gap between the lights and the top of the plant

A good start will almost certainly end well with you being a happy camper, but read, and ask, and by the way we are all kinda nuts about watchin grows happen so maybe some pics along the way huh ?
Think it through and study over your pics before you post them remembering the second rule of protecting self. First Rule ?
TELL NO-ONE ABOUT YOUR GROW !!!!
That's the first and greatest rule to saving your own hide and keeping your stash.
Good building and growing to you, keep us up to date OK ?
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

you are at the total bottom in terms of marijuana knowledge, i suggest searching these forums all night, maybe buying a book or two, but my favorite is watching some of the youtube videos, the good ones come in parts that are about 9 min each, theres also alot of garbage on youtube but you just have to sift through the videos, its not hard to tell whens its decently legit.

Holy cow, don't bump these old threads. If the last response was on 12-05-2007, 08:09 PM, you can consider the thread dead.

Latest posts

Back